Zellers Canada / Unfair costumer service and rude behave

1 Erin Mills and Eglington AvenueMississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I bought a bed-furniture for my new-born baby from the Zellers Store located at Erin Mills and Eglington Avenue. I took it at my home, assembled, and made ready; but my baby couldn't find it comfortable after one night of sleep. She cried, and so I had to make her sleep with me at my bed.

Well, then I read the receipt from the Zellers, which clearly mentioned that they will return such item within 60 days. So, I decided to return back, and just laid it on floor as it is. Due to busy days because of taking care of new-born infant, I couldn't return immediately.

But, I reached to Zellers within 45 days of purchase, and asked to return. They said that the box was broken, and the bed was used, SO, they were not able to resale it, and So, THEY WOULDN'T RETURN IT.

I discussed about their policy and so on, but a guy, so-called manager, argued me saying that WHO WILL BUY THIS USED THINGS, and so, he was not going to return it.

I continuously asked about their policy, but he denied to return.

I left those items, and the receipt in his desk, and left away.

Since that was no use for me at all, I had no cause to bring back to home.

Its better to get rid of such stores who says one thing, but acts another.

I had asked about return policy when I bought that product, and the salesperson had clearly told that it was within 60 days.

I have decided that I will just stop shopping at HBC and Zellers at all, because they treated me very unfairly.

Mk

More Zellers Canada Complaints & Reviews

Comments

26th of May, 2009

Yes, they can be very rude and unhelpful. I just had a similar situation today regarding pricing. The manager was unavailable (so they said) and they sent me an unhelpful supervisor. I left very unhappy. I will be calling the store manager in the morning. Shoppers World location at Victoria Park and Danforth in Toronto. Don't shop in this dumpy Zellers.

• Me
      14th of Jul, 2009

I agree with you they are so stupid and have ill-mannered.I was there this afternoon Shoppers World location at Victoria Park and Danforth in Toronto I was going to buy many stuff and a pants it was in on sale I tried, but it had manufacturing defect on one leg's I ask for price off the Pakistani woman who worked there she answered me rude way and she said no beside the manager his name was Shane. I am sure If I asked from the different Zellers they gave me price off and have nice mannered, but those stupid people going to shut down the business I hope it would happen. They are all maniac I left everything what I chose for buy then left the store I was going to spend $70 dollar, but they didn't let me to spend.

• Cu
      28th of Dec, 2010

We just had much the same problem with a dog bed we had bought as a Christmas gift. On Christmas day it was opened and put down for the dog but when she got in it was clearly too small for her. We immediately picked it up, shook it and put it in a bag. Two days later we tried to return it (we couldn't exchange as there wasn't one any larger). They wouldn't return it because: 1- We had it for so long (we bought it Dec. 15th as a Christmas present and this is still well within the return time). 2- It had two small marks on the bottom side that they claimed were food stains (how does one get food on the bottom of a bed? These marks were no doubt there when we bought the bed). 3- It had some dog hair on it (it is a dog bed, she had to get in it in order for us to realize it was too small). The lady was getting more rude and aggressive as we went through each of these. By the time we got to the dog hair she was virtually yelling at us about how she could be allergic to dog hair and could die. We left. At Petsmart when we bought a bed that would fit her they informed us of their return policy adding "in case she chews on it or anything". Needless to say our shadows will never darken any HBC affiliate again.