Zbiddy

4.95
Zbiddy
New Hampshire
zbiddy.com
This site lures people into spending $150 under the illusion that they will be able to get high priced electronics for marginal prices in an ebay-like online auction environment. After spending the money, and going to the real auction pages, the user finds out that the chance of actually winning an auction are close to nothing. The trick is that you pay by the bid, and in order to win an item, you might have to spend a significant amount of money just to win (especially if it is a decent product). $150 dollars is a lot of money to drop only to find out you will probably never get the return. There are literally only 50 or less running auctions at a time with hundreds if not thousands of bidders competing for that "final bid". Most of their money is made from people getting lured in to trying out the auction house, paying the sign up fee, and then finding out that it was a total waste of money. I had to learn the hard way and am $150 short with no return, but hopefully this can prevent further people from getting scammed as such.
Complaint comments Comments (45)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics

Comments

N  14th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was on Overstock.com looking at I Pads. It asked for billing info and after I put it in, I received a notice from ZBiddy congradulating me $159.00 dollars for 285 credits on ZBiddy. I had no intention to purchase anything on ZBiddy. I didn't even know I was on their site! Big Scam! I will follow through on this. Avoid this site at all cost!. Shawn
A  25th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I also was on overstock.com and looking to buy some of their merchandise (in the past I did purchase from them) and like Shawn Peretz said above, I also found in my email a notice that I purchased $265 credits on zbiddy for $159, although I never intended to do such of think. I was curious and I searched their site and got the filling the all that people that is really getting to win those bids are working for that site. It is a BIG BIG SCAM and we all that got scammed should get together to open a class action against this site.
A  31st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me. I thought I was just wanted to join zbiddy to buy when I wanted to. After I signed up they said thank you for your purchase of bids. I did not want to buy anything yet.So after talking to 3 people I was refunded all but $27.00 but you add up everyone that they have done this to. A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY. ANYBODY WANTS TO GO TO COURT I AM WITH YOU. Rob Copeland
A  11th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Thank you so much, Shawn, Marianna, and Rob. I was considering taking a chance, even though there is a significant lack of any really useful information about how the site works available on the home page, but with your explanation of what happens after registering, I am saved from taking the risk.

I am very sorry to hear the Overstock.com has apparently set up their checkout in a way that leads people into Zbiddy. I have bought from Overstock.com in the past with wonderful results, and now I will be very cautious about them, as well.
A  13th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
it did happen to me also. they ask for personal information but never tell you there is a charge. Lucky i noticed a letter by them telling me i got charged. i contacted my bank immidiatly and tey will take care of it. crooks all over. they say i can use the money on any purchases i make. what purchases, there is nothing that can be bought. they bid against you never ever even win a bid. a very sweet setup.
I also forwarded this information to the FBI to put those crooks out of business
A  6th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Wow...thanks to all of you for saving me at least $150!
A  9th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I wish I was smart enough to call my bank and have them cancel the charge from Zbiddy, the very minute after I submitted my info I knew that I've been had. They tell you to try winning more bids first? Why the hell do I want more bids? Your first impression is Whoa!!! Somebody won something that cheap? It doesn't take you long before you realize that this is a joke that just cost you and thousands of other people at the minimum $159.00 dollars. It's a shame that sites like this are able to operate and basically steal your money like that.
D  22nd of May, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I can't speak for the Overstock pop-up but regarding the complaint about having to pay for each bid- that's how penny auctions work guys. The odds are against you. I do not recommend penny auctions by any means but you should read how the site works before you go ahead and pay them $150.
N  5th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
thank you EVERYONE!!! i was not about to give my credit card #!!! hope for the best for ya'll that got fooled. prayers are out to you.
A  5th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
whatever!!
N  13th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I hope they all die terrible deaths... and I was not even scammed. I just think people like that suck
N  15th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
We saw your comment, and I am sorry for your frustration with Zbiddy. I am seeing others going through the same thing you have.

They have submitted their claim on our website in hopes to get enough claims about Zbiddy to start a Class Action Lawsuit.

If you would like to participate in trying to get your money back and warn others about this scam please submit your claim on Scambook as well.

Source(s):
A  22nd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
My complaint is exactly the same as all of yours. If there is a class action suit going please count me in. These ### are not going to get away with this.
robert.delcastillo@yahoo.com
A  22nd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am so happy I looked this page up. I was about to give this thing a try and had already filled out the requested info. including credit card no. However, I gave them a number that was on a cancelled lost card as I wanted to see what would happen. I hope I am safe from these thieves. I make it a habit not to give credit card info online.
A  26th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
YOU CONTINUOUSLY HAVE TO BID WITH NO END IN SITE. THERE SHOULD BE SOME CUT OFF POINT BECAUSE IF NOT YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE PUT INTO IT IF YOU LEAVE OR YOU HAVE BUY MORE SO IT IS A CATCH 22 DO YOU OR DON'T YOU. THEY SHOULD ALSO CLOSE THE AUCTION ONCE IT REACHES 5:00 MIN OR LESS TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE THERE DUE TO THEY ARE ONES THAT HAVE WORKED HARD AND PAID A PRETTY "PENNY" NO PUN INTENDED FOR THAT ITEM AND LOW AND BEHOLD HERE COMES ALL THE STRAGGLERS THAT INTEND TO MAKE IT VERY HARD FOR EVERYONE ALREADY BIDDING TO WIN THAT ITEM. AFTER MY ONE TIME EXPERIENCE I JUST ENDED UP BUYING THE ITEMS BECAUSE I WAS NOT GOING TO LOSE ALL THE MONEY I HAD ALREADY PUT IN. ANYWHERE BUT HERE, HERE I COME!!!
N  12th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Anyone who may have been scammed by this site, ZBIDDY.COM, here is a little info that may help you get your money back.

Go to your credit card company and let them know that you did not authorize them to remove the money from your account. Get a charge for the amount pulled out. give them as much info as possible.Present this to your bank or credit card company so you can retrieve your money. This is illegal for this outfit to do this. I immediately got my money returned back to my account. My credit card was PayPal.
D  12th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Emgrene, you said it correctly. I did this with bigdeal.com I have been to couple of sites even I am a member on zbiddy.com. I lost and won few auctions. So, I can't make out if zbiddy is a scam. I have read many complains in this section and seems like members want to win on the very first auction on which they are bidding. Thus, when they lose their first bid package, they come on complain board and write these complains.
D  21st of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
What is a better busines than to spend $150 and win items worth more than $500. And this happened with me on Zbiddy.com!! I love it!!! Love you Zbiddy!! You rock!!
D  24th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Zbiddy is a penny auction, which means you pay each time you bid, and the last bidder gets the item. The opportunity to win products cheaply is very real; in most cases, the winning bidder pays a fraction of the item's retail cost. You just have to be smart about when and how you bid since each bid has monetary value.

To place bids and win products on Zbiddy, you must first register and purchase a bid package. This process is standard across the penny auction industry and is not exclusive to Zbiddy. If any of you have questions about the registration process, or if you were unaware that you were being charged at the time of your purchase, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-888-406-6509. Our friendly agents are standing by to take your call and help resolve your issue. The Customer Service Desk hours are Monday through Saturday from 8am to 12am EST.
D  3rd of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I found zbiddy a good penny auction site so far. I recently won a $100 gift card by using my free gifts and I can't imagine that I got it shipped as well. Zbiddy rocks!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree