Zaxby's / terrible food, unconcerned management

I ordered a chicken plate from inside a few hours ago and I have to say it was a terrible experience, not just for me, but for everyone else in the dining area, too. While waiting for my good (45 minutes for some chicken and fries, by the way) I counted 6 consecutive orders that were wrong and had to be returned, then 3 of those who returned the food and told the cashier it was inedible. I finally received my food (it was right!) after the long wait and quickly found myself agreeing with the other customers. The chicken was terrible and the fries were soggy. It tasted as if it were cooked in month old oil. We all told the manager (who it took 15 minutes to track down) but she didn't seem concerned and told us she would "look into it". I eventually just took my food, threw it in the trash, and left. I have no idea if the other customers ever got refunds or edible food.

I will not be back. I've been to quite a few Zaxby's all over the state, and this is the only one I've left feeling disgusted. This was a nice restaurant when it opened. I'm not sure what happened. I think maybe new management took over and they just don't care. I will be contacting the Health Department monday to try to get this place either cleaned up or shut down. This place should not be open to the public.

Zaxby's

Dy
Apr 04, 2015

Comments

• Ru
      Apr 05, 2015

You sound impatient and childish. I doubt you will be missed. If it is busy it will take time for your food to cook, and the manager to arrive. There were other people before you. You have to wait your turn. The world does not revolve around you.

• Bo
      May 21, 2016

Chicken fingers were over cooked, very salty & deep fried in strong stale oil. Had 2 throw both our meals away.

• Za
      May 26, 2016

I ordered a chicken salad sandwich last night. I started to take a bite and was overwhelmed with a "chemical like" smell. I had 3 other people smell it who were not aware of the problem. All 3 of them said the same thing, "It has a chemical smell, I wouldn't eat it." I have always loved this sandwich but it will be a very long time before any of us are able to try it again. I tried to take it apart and smell each component. It may have been the lettuce but I'm not sure.

• Bo
      Aug 22, 2016

Chicken was over cooked, too salty & had been fried in old stale grease. Ive ate ther many times with no complaints but tonight was terrible. We had 2 throw our 2 meals away.