Zatta Books / No Refund of Deposit

1 OH, United States Review updated:

Carl Newlen strikes again. I sent deposit of $1000.00 for several manuscripts. I was jacked around for 30 days with promises to deliver the product then jacked around to refund my deposit. All is not lost yet, I paid thru PayPal and have stated action to refund my $ due to fraud on Carl Newlens part. I have all the info to go forward with a criminal case.

Tm

Comments

• Ca
      8th of Apr, 2009

Due to a situation beyond my control, this person is correct. There were delays. However, PayPal was given a tracking number for the delivery. And 'Strikes Again' is a little overboard.

I do not handle the financial part of this business, or the contractual and shipping aspects, but my understanding is that everything is delivered.

And if a refund is still desired I am sure that will not be a problem.

• Rj
      28th of May, 2009
    Zatta Books - Failed to refund monies
    Zatta Books
    Ohio
    zattabooks.com

Same scam as the other complaint listed here. Promises to send you a ghost written manuscript after you provide initial deposit. You send the deposit. Then the problems start. Cannot deliver the manuscript - computer problems, mail problems, family problems, etc. You ask for a refund after trying to work with the guy for a couple months and bam. No refund no money no apology. He is out the door with your money.

This guy is worthy of a class action suit or else he will keep doing what he is doing. Too expensive to try and seek action against a person in another state.

Total scammed $600. Not to mention lost times and business working and waiting on him to deliver manuscripts.

Carl was the name he used.

*Paid via Paypal. Note Paypal will not enforce or refund monies for virtual property like a manuscript.

• Rj
      28th of May, 2009

Carl is so full of it. He promised me the same thing. Never saw a refund or a manuscript.

• Mi
      23rd of Feb, 2011

I was scammed by the same person: Carl Newlen, uspninternet@gmail.com for a manuscript that was NEVER delivered. I lost only $200 but this guy is PROVEN SCAMMER.

• Ca
      22nd of May, 2012

Who would sell a manuscript for $200?

As for the original complaint, PayPal decided in our favor. What else is there to say? Most people know that PayPal most often decides in the consumer's favor, so for them to side with us says a lot about his claim.

He could also have gone to his Credit Card company and filed a claim, and my guess is that he did - and lost. Once again, what does that say?

As for the other complaints, maybe the same guy, maybe not. But anyone can post anything here without having to back up their claim. They use a fake name, etc.

What can you do? I can just give my version of events and let you decide. But you should take notice that I am the only one not hiding behind a fake name.

• Pr
      26th of May, 2014

That Carl Newlen Sure is a scammer and a Sleaze Bag. I wont have anything to do with anything "Zatta" And I will spread the word at every available opportunity as He is Clearly a Man who thinks Only of Himself and What's in it for Him.
    Registrant Name: Carl Newlen
    Registrant Organization: ZattaFact Inc.
    Admin Email: uspninternet@gmail.com