Z Gallerie / terrible company
How we got robbed: Z Gallerie grossly misrepresented shipping and restocking fees on a piece of furniture deemed undeliverable by their delivery co.
Before we purchased this furniture called “Aberdeen Cabinet”, we did our due diligence to find and provide all the information about measurements and shipping. We planned to have it in our second floor bedroom and knew that the only way to take it there is via the large second floor window. The measurements were within the window width. We contacted Elite Delivery who is responsible for shipping about hoisting this furniture through the second floor window. We were told that they would send a manager to check the site before they do it. If it deemed deliverable, they will do it, but we will pay extra for the work. If it deemed undeliverable, we won’t get charged. The Berkeley store salesman gave us the same statement before we made the purchase.
A few days later, when the furniture was ready to be delivered, a manager from Elite came and measured the window dimensions and determined it was wide enough to bring in the furniture. But he decided not to lift such heavy and large furniture on ladders due to some safety concerns since the window is pretty high. So it was deemed undeliverable. We had to cancel the order, but were charged with $258.90 for restocking and delivery fees.
When we contacted the customer services in Gardena, CA, a supervisor, whose attitude was extremely rude and unprofessional, repeatedly lied on reasons for the charges. Z Gallerie grossly misrepresented the most important piece of information to its customer when inquired. As a result, we suffered monetary damages. We also sent a demand letter to Z Gallerie legal department two month ago and no replay was received.
More Z Gallerie Complaints & Reviews
- Z Gallerie - poor customer service and product quality 
- Z Gallerie Online Store (ZGallerie.com) - no bedroom, no money! 
- Z Gallerie - do not purchase furniture from them 
- Z Gallerie - product is not what I ordered
- Z Gallerie - horribly unsatisfied
- Z Gallerie - dining table
- Z Gallerie - purchase never arrived
- Z Gallerie - they will not honor catalog price
- [Resolved] Z Gallerie - ridiculous shipping time 
- [Resolved] Z Gallerie - items on display in store