[Resolved] Yupptv / false commitment to signup for a yearly package.

1 United States

I have been using the Yupp Tv from past 5 years and the issue started with maatv. Yupp tv did not inform any customer before removing that subscription fro the yearly / monthly packages. I called when it was removed. There was no response for 3 days due to heavy call volume.

Finally after 3 or 4 days i could able to get the call connected and the customer care rep said, they will add free content for the inconvenience caused. Since, i was end of the contract, he said he suggested to renew the same for one more year. I have asked what if someone else provides Maa TV ? He said if any one in the USA provides the Star Maa channel they will definitely add it to YUPPTV also and will be included in the package.

I was happy to know that and immediately signed up for one more year package. ON the New year eve we went to visit a friends home and surprised to see the Maa TV playing from . I asked him and he said it is Hotstar . Then even more to surprise other friend said some digital.com is also providing the maa tv .

i called Yupptv immediately and was told that, Yes maa is provided by Hotstar in USA and they cannot offer. I asked why not cancel my service and refund my money back. They said Yrly packages cannot be cancelled. After explaining my thing they talked to supervisor and said they can cancel the service but will cost me 29$ +1.99 $ for service charge for 2 months and then cancellation charge of 20$ with that it was costing me 84$.

I paid 160$ for the yeraly package and got 20$ amazon card. so my final cost is 140$. out of 140$ if i cancel after 2 months i am getting only 55$ as per Yupp TV . 85$ for 2 month for Believing the customer care words.

Please dont get into these false promises from YUpp TV and get fooled. I would request not to encourage these sought of things and fool customers.

• Resolution statement

• YuppTV Customer Care's Response, Jan 01, 2018

We regret the unpleasant experience that you've had. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know. We’re sorry that you received service that prompted you to contact us with a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. To ensure that our staff conducts itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our customers, we’ve notified the proper department of your complaint.Your patronage is important to us, our team will reach you shortly and help you. Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.

Sa