Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC) / family protection elite

3 Makati, Philippines Review updated:

Last November 2017 an agent from YGC Insurance (Malayan Insurance) offered a Family Protection Elite which cost P520.00 monthly thru telephone conversation and will automatically debited to my RCBC credit card. I accepted the offer since she mentioned the following:

1. I will receive P5000 per day allowance once confined in hospital
2. I can reimburse all my expenses in the hospital
3. My daily allowance will increase from P5, 000 to P10, 000 if transferred to ICU
4. My beneficiary will receive P300, 000 on my accidental death

All the four items above made me convinced to accept her offer so she proceed to agreement, I just needed to answer "Yes" if I agree or "No" if I do not. Then she asked me if I agree on the terms and conditions, so I said yes since all I understand is what she discussed earlier, she never mentioned the duration of the contract or the coverage of the insurance. She said that our telephone conversation is recorded and will serve as our agreement, but I will receive the copy of our agreement in 1 week after our conversation. Then, I received the agreement in the office and did not attempt to read it since as far as I know, what she discussed to me thru phone is what all inside the paper.

Last January 5-8, 2018 I was confined for 4 days to the hospital due to Dengue Fever. After I checked out to the hospital I called the YGC Customer Service to reimburse my hospital expenses, but unfortunately the agent told me that dengue fever is not covered of my insurance as stated in our agreement, then I checked the terms and conditions only to find out that most common illness are not covered of my insurance. I called the YGC customer service again to request to cancel my insurance since I find it useless anymore, they instructed me to email to ygccustomerservice@ygc.com.ph and state my reasons why I want to cancel my insurance, I emailed them 3 times but never receive a confirmation. So after 3 days I called them again and they informed me that I can't cancel my insurance since they have a 1 year member policy. The agent, Ms. Flor Molasco told me that I agree to their 1 year contract, so they will auto debit to my rcbc credit card for 12 months the 520 pesos. I never remember they mentioned that to me. They keep on telling I agreed on their terms and conditions but I received the copy of terms and conditions 1 week after our recorded conversation.

Se
Jan 12, 2018

Comments

• My
      13th of Mar, 2018

March 14, 2018

ATTENTION: MS. FLOR NOLASCO
    CUSTOMER SERVICE FAMILY PROTECT

REQUESTING FOR THE CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT IN THE NAME OF MRS. MYRNA A. ZIPAGAN, RCBC ACCOUNT NO. 4293-8207-7271-5008 FOR THE YEAR 2018-2019..

THANK YOU AND HOPING FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION.

myrna a. zipagan

• Se
      14th of Mar, 2018

@MyrnaGanda Follow the link below. After 1 week they cancel my insurance. Thanks to Insurance Commission!

• My
      13th of Mar, 2018

March 14, 2018

ATTENTION: MS. FLOR NOLASCO
    CUSTOMER SERVICE FAMILY PROTECT

THANK YOU AND HOPING FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION.

myrna a. zipagan

• Ne
      16th of Mar, 2018

ATTENTION: MS. ISSA PEREZ

UNTIL NOW I DID'NT RECEIVE MY POLICY, UNDER THE NAME OF NEMELIE R. NUGOY, I INSURED SINCE JANUARY 15, 2018, AND IT'S ALREADY DEDUCTED FROM MY RCBC BANKARD. FROM JANUARY TO MARCH 6, 2018.

I'M HOPING FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REGARDING THIS MATTER.

Nemelie R. Nugoy

• Je
      17th of Apr, 2018

Attention to Ms. Flor Nolasco
    Requesting for the cancellation of my family protect at rcbc in the name of Ms.Jenrose Delgado

24th of May, 2018

I also received a call from YGC Companies regarding Family Protect Elite just today!But I did not accept the offer yet because I needed to check first if this is legit or not but after reading all these I may not accept it thanks for the info..If dengue fever was not covered why would the agent that I spoke gave an example of Acute Gastro Enteritis illness diagnose is accepted because it is a common illness for children ""..If they are that hard to reach I would rather not accept the offer..It's good to hear at first because of the sums and cash they're mentioning but it is still not appropiate to talk by phone even if it is recorded we do not have proofs though..