Yuchengco Group Of Companies [YGC] / family protection elite

3 Makati, Philippines Review updated:

Last November 2017 an agent from YGC Insurance (Malayan Insurance) offered a Family Protection Elite which cost P520.00 monthly thru telephone conversation and will automatically debited to my RCBC credit card. I accepted the offer since she mentioned the following:

1. I will receive P5000 per day allowance once confined in hospital
2. I can reimburse all my expenses in the hospital
3. My daily allowance will increase from P5, 000 to P10, 000 if transferred to ICU
4. My beneficiary will receive P300, 000 on my accidental death

All the four items above made me convinced to accept her offer so she proceed to agreement, I just needed to answer "Yes" if I agree or "No" if I do not. Then she asked me if I agree on the terms and conditions, so I said yes since all I understand is what she discussed earlier, she never mentioned the duration of the contract or the coverage of the insurance. She said that our telephone conversation is recorded and will serve as our agreement, but I will receive the copy of our agreement in 1 week after our conversation. Then, I received the agreement in the office and did not attempt to read it since as far as I know, what she discussed to me thru phone is what all inside the paper.

Last January 5-8, 2018 I was confined for 4 days to the hospital due to Dengue Fever. After I checked out to the hospital I called the YGC Customer Service to reimburse my hospital expenses, but unfortunately the agent told me that dengue fever is not covered of my insurance as stated in our agreement, then I checked the terms and conditions only to find out that most common illness are not covered of my insurance. I called the YGC customer service again to request to cancel my insurance since I find it useless anymore, they instructed me to email to ygccustomerservice@ygc.com.ph and state my reasons why I want to cancel my insurance, I emailed them 3 times but never receive a confirmation. So after 3 days I called them again and they informed me that I can't cancel my insurance since they have a 1 year member policy. The agent, Ms. Flor Molasco told me that I agree to their 1 year contract, so they will auto debit to my rcbc credit card for 12 months the 520 pesos. I never remember they mentioned that to me. They keep on telling I agreed on their terms and conditions but I received the copy of terms and conditions 1 week after our recorded conversation.

Se
Jan 12, 2018

More Yuchengco Group Of Companies [YGC] Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• My
      13th of Mar, 2018

March 14, 2018

ATTENTION: MS. FLOR NOLASCO
    CUSTOMER SERVICE FAMILY PROTECT

REQUESTING FOR THE CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT IN THE NAME OF MRS. MYRNA A. ZIPAGAN, RCBC ACCOUNT NO. 4293-8207-7271-5008 FOR THE YEAR 2018-2019..

myrna a. zipagan

• Se
      14th of Mar, 2018

@MyrnaGanda Follow the link below. After 1 week they cancel my insurance. Thanks to Insurance Commission!

• My
      13th of Mar, 2018

March 14, 2018

ATTENTION: MS. FLOR NOLASCO

myrna a. zipagan

• Ne
      16th of Mar, 2018

ATTENTION: MS. ISSA PEREZ

UNTIL NOW I DID'NT RECEIVE MY POLICY, UNDER THE NAME OF NEMELIE R. NUGOY, I INSURED SINCE JANUARY 15, 2018, AND IT'S ALREADY DEDUCTED FROM MY RCBC BANKARD. FROM JANUARY TO MARCH 6, 2018.

I'M HOPING FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REGARDING THIS MATTER.

Nemelie R. Nugoy

• Je
      17th of Apr, 2018

Attention to Ms. Flor Nolasco
    Requesting for the cancellation of my family protect at rcbc in the name of Ms.Jenrose Delgado

24th of May, 2018

I also received a call from YGC Companies regarding Family Protect Elite just today!But I did not accept the offer yet because I needed to check first if this is legit or not but after reading all these I may not accept it thanks for the info..If dengue fever was not covered why would the agent that I spoke gave an example of Acute Gastro Enteritis illness diagnose is accepted because it is a common illness for children ""..If they are that hard to reach I would rather not accept the offer..It's good to hear at first because of the sums and cash they're mentioning but it is still not appropiate to talk by phone even if it is recorded we do not have proofs though..

• Gr
      1st of Jul, 2018

Attention to Ms. Flor Nolasco

I, Jennifer T. Omambac, already sixty-two (2) years old of Luray 1, Poloyapoy Street, Poblacion, Toledo City with cell phone no. 09176330657 would like to ask your good company to please terminate my Malayan Insurance Plan for the reason I don't have a good job anymore.
    Your kind consideration will be highly appreciated by the undersigned.

Very Respectfully yours,
    Jennifer T. Omambac

• Hi
      6th of Jul, 2018

I want to cancel my family protect elite insurance.tnx

• Yu
      9th of Jul, 2018

ATTENTION: MS/Mrs. Susan Ramoso

REQUESTING FOR THE CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT ELITE IN THE NAME OF MRS. AIZA Z. NATIVIDAD, RCBC ACCOUNT NO. 4293-8215-1854-4009 COC NUMBER FES00002270 FOR THE YEAR 2018-2019..

• Ha
      13th of Jul, 2018

SUBJECT: CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT ELITE GROUP MASTER POLICY NO. P0104453

With this letter I hereby request the cancellation of Family Protect Elite effective September 2018 auto-charged under RCBC Bankard number ending in -1006.
    Policy Holder: Rhyan King Domingo
    Policy Effective Date: 21st September 2017
    Monthly fee: P760.00
    Annual fee/term: P9, 120.00

This Policy has been put into consideration to pursue however I still came with the final decision of cancellation. In addition, due to the fact that I’m already a policy holder under another life insurance, I also took that opportunity to put the same benefits as a rider on my current insurance.

Please confirm the receipt and cancellation of my Policy effective September 2018 by sending a return email. You may reach me on 09173320659.
    Sincerely, Rhyan King

• Al
      22nd of Jul, 2018

ATTENTION: Mr. JASAINT TOLENTINO
    CUSTOMER SERVICE FAMILY PROTECT

REQUESTING FOR THE CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT IN THE NAME OF ALBERT E. VALDE, RCBC ACCOUNT NO. ENDING 9004 FOR THE YEAR 2018-2019.

I MAY NOT UNDERSTAND FULLY THE TERMS AND CONDITION OF THE YOUR PROGRAM BUT AFTER READING THE ABOVE COMMENTS AND COMPLAIN, I CAME UP WITH MY FINAL DECISION TO CANCEL IT.

YOURS TRULY,

ALBERT E. VALDE

• Re
      23rd of Jul, 2018

SUBJECT: CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT ELITE

ATTENTION: CUSTOMER SERVICE FAMILY PROTECT

REQUESTING CANCELLATION OF MY FAMILY PROTECT ELITE IN THE NAME OF REBECCA PACHECO WITH RCBC ACCOUNT NUMBER ENDING WITH 8009 FOR THE YEAR 2018-2019.

SINCE THE TIME OF THE CALL OF THE AGENT UNTIL NOW, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE CONTRACT YET TO REFER TO ON YOUR ACTUAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUT I HAVE RECEIVED MY BILLING ALREADY THIS MONTH OF JULY POSTING TWO(2) FAMILY PROTECT ELITE PAYMENTS FOR THE MONTHS OF JUNE AND JULY AMOUNTING TO PHP 2, 130 PER MONTH.

HOWEVER, AFTER READING THE ABOVE COMMENTS AND COMPLAIN, I CAME UP WITH MY FINAL DECISION TO CANCEL IT CONSIDERING THE MISINFORMATION GIVEN SUCH AS THE UNCOVERED MOST COMMON ILLNESS.

YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION IS NEEDED.

THANK YOU.

REBECCA M. PACHECO

• Je
      2nd of Aug, 2018

SUBJECT: CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT ELITE GROUP MASTER POLICY NO. FPE00013251

With this letter I hereby request the cancellation of Family Protect Elite effective August 2018 auto-charged under RCBC Bankard number ending in -6018
    Policy Holder: Jennifer T. Gutierrez
    Policy Effective Date: July 11 2018
    Premium Due: Php 1230.00
    Annual fee/term: P14, 760.00

Please confirm the receipt and cancellation of my Policy effective August 2018 by sending a return email. You may reach me on 09778899948
    Sincerely, Jennifer T. Gutierrez

• Al
      10th of Aug, 2018

After reading some comments in this site, I feel that I must also share my experience as YGC Family Protect Plus policyholder. I actually had a great experience with YGC Customer Service in assisting and processing my claims under YGC Family Protect Plus (FPP).

I got my policy last July 2012. In January of this year, I was diagnosed with Schwannoma (tumor of the tissue) and underwent surgery for it. However, due to personal reasons, I was not able to complete my claim requirements until last week of May. I was expecting that there will be problems or worse, my claim will be denied due to the delay in filing my claim as there is a 30-day requirement to file a notice of claim as stated in the policy contract. But I was greatly relieved when I called their hotline. One of their Customer Service Representatives, Ms Amy Lizada helped me throughout the process. I really appreciate the empathy and understanding that she extended to me despite my delay in filing my claim. Also, filing the claim on their on-line claims facility was very quick and efficient.

I filed the claim on May 29 and I was notified by Ms Amy the next day that my claim was already endorsed for processing. Just five days after, they e-mailed me that my check was already available for pick-up at YGC Center (located at the ground floor of RCBC Plaza in Makati). It was a hassle-free experience and most importantly, the Customer Service staff were also very nice and accommodating :)

13th of Aug, 2018

Attention Family Protect Elite Concern,

I'm requesting for cancellation of my membership in your good office last July 2017 payments, Please facilitate my request the reason of this is about financial problems.
    Thanks a lot and hoping for your immediate action.

MA. ELENA L. MONDRAGON ILOILO I ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC. Barangay Namocon, Tigbauan, Iloilo