YPD.com - Yellow Page Directory / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:
This letter is written on behalf of Ms. YinGuang Xu, who is 81 years old, and lives with very little money, and is now very upset and flustrated for being charged illegally by YPD $51.17.

Ms. Xu has a phone line [protected]) and pays basic "lifeline" monthly bill. However, today she received a bill from Verizon, "billed on behalf of YPD", then the "bill portion" provided by Enhancement Services Billing Inc." I helped Ms.Xu to find out what is YPD, and many neighbors in this community are very angry with YPD, because how can YPD put a 81 years old lady in your Yellow Pages Dictionary and charge this "business" $51.17, then monthly fees, plus "surcharge" and "tax"?

Neighbors suggested her to get help from the media and Consumer Complaints. I feel it is good to send you the complaint first, and urge your immediate attention and response.

Dr. Chen, on behalf of Ms. YinGuang Xu

A  27th of Jun, 2007 by
I agree, this company is a scam. We just recently discovered they had been charing our company $25 a month for the last 7 years for a listing on their webpage, which wasn't even listed in the correct category. Their service offers zero benefit to the consumer, rather they send out bills to people hoping they will pay it. Because they call themselves "yellow pages" most companies won't question what they are paying.
A  27th of Jul, 2007 by
I recently found this charge on one of my corporate phone bills. It is a minor charge so it has been overlooked for months and years. I called to complain, the number is 800-340-2222. It is a complete scam and they obviously know it. They have refunded me all charges via check sent FedEx, so, my advice would be get your bills, figure out the charges and call them. Get your money back. Then go look at ypd.com. They website is pathetic.
N  10th of Jun, 2008 by
I noticed a charge from YPD on my phone bill for the first time this month for $24.86, which I never authorized. I called them and complained and they told me that someone from my company had called and asked for this service, which is not true. They are sending me a check via federal express as a refund for 2 months of service, because I am already going to be billed on next months bill. THIS IS A SCAM AND IT IS OBVIOUS. I AM GOING TO CONTACT VERIZON AND THE FCC.