YouTelecom / Very poor service and false promises

1 India Review updated:

I was promised by the company that the speed for my connection would be up to 2mbps and unfortunately after installing that its found to be 60kbps at the maximum and after repeated complaints there wasn't any improvement in that and that the technician informed me that its the maximum they can provide. And if thats the case i would have taken an unlimited package which is 256kbps and anyway at the end is 60kbps

So why are they cheating the customers this way. And why are they not even answering the phones. I even asked them to disconnect the phone and give me back the money but they are not ready to answer the call even.

Beware people!

Comments

• Sh
      27th of Aug, 2007

Yes, I completely agree with you. I am getting packet loss of 30% since last two months. And after repeatedly complaining, now they have stopped replying my mails.

Please send me some higher authorities smb!

5th of Sep, 2007

I have disconnected my connection in april 2007 but still i am receiving the monthly bills from YouTelecom telecom. My deposit is not returned yet.

5th of Sep, 2007

You Telecom is a biggest cheater

• Dh
      12th of Mar, 2008

I have disconnected my connection in Oct 2007 but still i am receiving the monthly bills from YouTelecom telecom. My deposit is not returned yet.

• Su
      12th of Mar, 2008

I have had the same problem like Dhananjay. Though is was disconnected a year ago, they are yet to return the deposit and they keep sending monthly bills and reminders for nothing.
    They are a bunch of un professional people who are not really bothered about getting things right. Tired of explaining to them over and over again!

Subash.

2nd of Apr, 2008

I'm facing same problem they promised me speed upto 2 MBPS but I'm getting 4KBPS. After making so many complaints on callcentre plus email to nodel officer from surat. Nobody is replying. But for payment person will stand at your door before bill reaches you via courier.

24th of Apr, 2008

This is regarding the payment. While paying the First Bill they said and given in the bill itself if it is paid by cheque and within the date I will get discount of Rs.25/- in the next month bill. But I recived the next month bill without any discount. When I cheked with the Customer care they said it will be given Rs.50/- in the next month bill.

If this is not don in the next month bill I will take nessary action against the company. Please make it a point that discount is given in the next month bill.

• Mo
      30th of Apr, 2008

I am using you telecom first when they had launched. connection was very problematic but now very good response from the technican and very good support from callcenter i had taken the connection of 2 mbps at least i am getting 1mb to 1.7 mb no the connection is good and complaint is very less Thanck You Youtelecom

• As
      11th of Jul, 2008

YouTelecom has not given me the service they promised. I renewed their services on Feb.25, 2008 for unlimted use. I told them I would be shifting my residence in the same locality in Chennai as my house is getting remodelled. I was assured the internet service will continue uninterrupted no matter when I shift within the area.
    I was totally taken for a ride by the You telcom. When I tried to contact the customer service in Chennai more than a dozen times, the telephone will ring several times and no one would pick it up.
    Some times, the call will be forworded to the call center, who could not give me any specific answer.

In the meantime, I had to go commercial internet services. I wrote 3 letters to the Head office in Gurgoan.No reply to my complaints.
    I want my money back for loss of my time and causing me so much mental tension.

• As
      14th of Aug, 2008

This company is highly unreliable and unprofessional.I applied for the internet connection a couple of days back and I was promised by one of the sales person of this company that I will get the connection within the next 2 days.I paid all the money to them including security deposit and first month rent also but still I haven't got any internet connection from this company.I have already called 10-15 times at their office in infantry road but everytime they said "We will provide the connection tommorrow." They are giving false promises to their customers and looting them in an efficient way.Atlast I felt I have been cheated so I asked for the refund from them but they are telling me its impossible to get refund as I have already taken the connection(only in papers).Sometimes they are telling they have no modems sometimes they are telling a technical problem has arisen on their side so ultimately I am the sufferer.Moreover they have taken from me the plan charges also for the first month which is about to get over.I advise whoever comes at this board not to take the connection from this fraud company.I am highly doubtful now about their future services and broadband speed also.The company who befools its customers during its initial stages can never grow and going to get shutdown one day.So friends youtele is no where in or around airtel/reliance as I have never faced any problem from airtel side during my previous connection(different city), unfortunately I didnt get the connection from airtel because they were not having any port left to provide me the connection in my locality thats why I went for this unreliable company.

• Am
      19th of Aug, 2008

Iam working in one of the companies were we have took their Lease Line connection, there is no proper response at times of emergency, they simply answer the all telling that the problem would be rectified soon. The Network engineer respomsible for the lease line connection is not so good at technical issues. I think so i shouldn't mention his name as every customer knows the network engineer.

• De
      10th of Oct, 2008

9th October, 2008 Adyar, Chennai.

My connection was disconnected without any intimation the very next day of our receiving the bill. It says that 15th is the last day of paying the bill on the bill and it was disconnected on the 8th itself even though they neither reminded me over the phone nor sent anyone to collect the money. When I rang up Customer Care Centre and asked them to collect the money from my house, they said that it would take 3 days for the person to come. I wanted to pay the money but they were not willing to even collect it. I wanted it very urgently that day so I complained to the team leader and he sent two people to collect it. They were so impatient and kept banging at the door. This is not the first time that this is happening. The previous time, they almost broke open the door when my mother was alone at home. She got frightened and looked through the window and found that they were from Youtelecom. I had warned them then but their goal seems to be to intimidate the customers for a paltry amount. This is very cheap and indecent behaviour on their part as if the company is desperate for money we are going to run away it.

With such shameful customer service, Youtelecom will certainly lose valuable customers.

• Su
      15th of Oct, 2010
    YouTelecom - speed
    India

i hve plan of 512kbps.but i only recieve the downloading speed of no more than 10kbps and surfing speed is just like that i am using some dialup connection.this is very bad experience for us.also i hve called several times to its customer care number but they always put me on hold for atleast 20-25 min.
    i request you to please take it seriously.
    con no 09764045238