YOUTEL / Doposit amount/Receiving SMS

1 India Review updated:

YOUTEL Broadband
It previously called Iqra Broadband and now known as YOUTEL internet service provider. I was planning to an internet service and this people come to my door step asking for the same. I was quite happy that they have contacted me. This is my first mistake. I have taken the service paid them the amount for the activation charges which is around 500 rupees. They had took the amount then after two-three weeks I had contact them to get an update details about the connection and that time I will come to know that the Iqra becomes YOUTEL the YOUTEL people ask me to 1300rupees to activate the service as they unable to find my details on their system

I paid again the amount the service which they have provided was horrible I have continued with this guy up to four to 5 months then one fine day, I have decided to cancel the service. So I had make the payment by using my credit card and at the same time emailed them about the disconnection about the internet service. Also informed call center guy and got the confirmation from him that within 24 hours time the YOUTEL guy will come to my place and complete the cancellation process. This was happened in the month of December 2007- January 2008 they keep sending me SMS “Payment due date 15th Jan 08” to make the payment and even generated bill for Feb08. I had already put my request of cancellation in the month of December 2007 and till February 2008 this guy not in aware of my written complete as well as phone conversation with call center guy?

They got very good system if you have query there is not one to listen to you but if you want to pay the bill just call this guy they will send th guy to collect the money at your home and even if you don’t get time to do that don’t worry they will call you and ask you “kab bheju sir payment lene ke liye”

I denied making the payment several time on the phone and many times explaining the call center guy about the cancellation. He told me sir you need to give an hand written later to cancel the order, I said fine and wrote a later the guy come to my place to collect the modem on 11 January 2007 and on the application copy confirmed me that the deposit amount will be refunded to me within 21 days time. Now its more than 3 months I haven’t got my money return into my account. But I am still getting SMS from these guys.

I have spoke to more than 10-12 guys from YOUTEL to stop sending SMS I am not interested in your service. But no reply and even I told them that I don’t require your service as well as my deposit amount which is around 1200 rupees but you don’t send such SMS. But this people keep on sending me message. Now whenever I get this message I am loosing my patient don’t know who to sort out this problem they harassing me.

Comments

• Ra
      14th of Apr, 2008

True, you will find more people who were faced same high class service form YOUTEL

• Ki
      23rd of May, 2008

I do agree with this I have same experience with the broadband service provider

• Ra
      20th of Jun, 2008

I got call from you telecom that they will be refunding the modem deposit which is 500 rupees.

• Pr
      3rd of Sep, 2008

My network is not working properly from the day of activation and no one is listening my complaint and the number which is given is also not working, so i want the chennai customer care number also.

• Ag
      26th of Sep, 2008

Capitalize on the situation. Sue them in the court for harassment and get a hefty amount as settlement.

• Bh
      28th of Oct, 2009

You can find their CEO or top management contact from Google or other sources, write them a professional email and see if they are responding. If they don't and if your case is strong you can go to consumer court. Writing on such portal can only help you in passing this message across and I don't think anyone including me reads review about any service provider on such portals before taking services.

It's always better to verify, research and take reference from various people before any engagement. You may spend few hours or days in research but you would save lots of time you wasted in following-up with them and others.

www.optron.co.in

• Wi
      10th of May, 2010

From what I heard Youtel purchased a set amount of data, and once that data is used up that's it. I was enjoying their residential service with free LD for 9.99 a month, until one day I couldn't make any calls.