Yousuf Ahmed Alghanim & Sons WLL - Chevrolet Lumina LS 2007 / Wrong information by sales person

1 Kuwait Review updated:

I had recently purchased a brand new Chevrolet-Lumin Ls 2007 model from M/S Alghanom & sons in Kuwait, from their Shuwaikh show room. The car was delivered to me on Sept. 25, 2007. (Registration No. 9-3246)

At the time of viewing the car prior to purchase, there were no brochures giving details about the car in the show room. So the sales person briefed me about the details and handed me a phot-copy of a leaflet outlining the features of Lumina-Ls 2008 model and told me that all the features are exactly the same for 2007 model. While informing me about the various features of the car prior to purchase I was informed that the CD player in this car can play MP3 format CDs. I had insisted that I need a CD player in the car with this capability. Firstly the sales person did not know what is MP3 playing format. Then he consulted another sales person in the show room and told me that this car’s cd player can play the MP3 format also. Further he brought a manual of the car and showed me the page containing information about the audio system wherein I saw that MP3 feature was mentioned. But the manual is a common one for two different models of the same car. While the model with 6-CD changer had the MP3 capability, the model with single CD player did not have. By seeing the wrong page showed to me by the sales person, I was led to believe that this car audio system can play MP3 CDs, which turned out to be otherwise after I took the car and went through the manual myself. Now I am stuck with the car that does not play MP3 CDs.

I wish to bring this incident to the concerned persons in the GM-Chevrolet division and attend to my complaint.

Ramachandra Paleti
Kuwait

Tel: [protected] email: paleti@hotmail.com

Comments

• Ra
      24th of Dec, 2008

I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH THEIR ELECTRONICS COMPANY, I TOOK A LAPTOP ACCORDING TO THEIR ADVERTISEMENT AND AFTER THAT I FOUND THAT THIS MODEL IS VERY VERY OLD AND COST HALF THE PRICE THAT I PAID FOR . ALL THEIR LAPTOPS ARE OLD MODELS AND VERY EXPENSIVE .

• Da
      15th of Jun, 2009

Try buying a car unseen from them. I never got to see my car that I bought from them. It was a new 2004 Chevrolet Optra 1.8L. IT hada dent in the drivers quarter panel, a stain in the back seat that smelled like someone had sex back there, and the stearing wheel is cocked sideways to the right when you drive.

To top this off, I have a ballon payment of kd1, 750 to pay. I specifically told them that I wanted all the payments current with no balloon payment. My boss bought the same car, same year just a few weeks befor me. His payment was kd59 per month for 60 months with a ballon payment of kd 1, 750 at the end. My payment was kd73 per month for 60 months. I have the same car but am paying far more for it. Neither of us put any money down on the purchases. I know I go cheated, and I'm not happy.

This all makes it really hard to purchase the 2010 Camaro that I have wanted so badly! I may not be able to get a new car now, and parts for this Optra in Kuwait are non-existant for almost anything mechanical. I recently junked my engine and swapped a 2.0 into the car because they don't have pistons available for the 1.8l at all.

David

• Pr
      1st of May, 2010

Another negative feature I found in the last generation LUMINA is the rear seat. When we sit at the rear its like sitting inside some box. The seat is very low and it looks very unpleasant and uncomfortable. The front seats are okay.