YourProductSamples / Theft from checking account on 10/17/2008

1 13710 Hutton DriveFarmers Branch, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (866) 363-6797

I filled out a form for a free 14 day sample of dead sea spa products .If i didn't like the products I could call before the 14 days were up and cancel. Which I did two days after I received the trial. I paid 7.95 for shipping and 1.00 for the kit and I paid the shipping with my debit card on Sept, 10th 2008. On Oct 17th 2008 I logged in on my banking website to check my balance and saw that $60.00 had been stolen from my account just a few minutes earlier. I called my bank to see what was going on and they gave me the phone number and name of the company that stole the money from my account. I called them and demanded that they return my money. So far the money they stole has not been returned I have notified the local Sheriff's Dept and contacted my attorney. Then about 3 weeks after that they tried to steal another $15.00 but I caught them and they returned the money to my account. But as of this date I am still waiting for them to return the money they stole from me. I am on disability and only make $900.00 a month total I cannot afford for someone to steal money from me as I cannot work and cannot replace the money. Can you please get my money back for me. I need it to pay my rent.

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Nov, 2008

Did you return the product that the company sent you? I have dealt with this company and know that if you keep the trial shipment past the trial period, you get charged the price of the product. This company does give you the option to return the product for a refund. I would suggest reading the Terms and Conditions before you purchase a product. While it seems as though you are going to extreme measures to get your money back, such as the Sheriff's dept and your attorney, it would be terrible to go through all that trouble, and once your attorney sees that you indeed did agree to the Terms and Conditions, your case will be worthless. If I were you, I would just forget about it. The case that you are pleading is not legal. While many people may feel "scammed" by companies like these, shame on them for not reading the fine print before typing their credit card information onto a random website. If i ever put my information on the website, I definitely would like to know EXACTLY what I am signing up for. I would suggest cutting your losses, and taking this as a learning experience.

• Tr
      10th of Nov, 2008

I agree with the other person that has commented. It's unfortunate that you need the money to pay your rent, but I'm sure this will be a lesson that you remember. It seems like people need to realize these days that nothing in life is free. There are strings attached to everything. It just so happens that the string attached to this was legal.

• Di
      19th of Jan, 2009

I am very happy with the products that were in the trial shipment. But, I would like the chance to order the products that I want. Do you send the same products every shipment? If so, I want to cancel any future orders as there was an item that I do not use.

• Lp
      17th of Mar, 2009

Beware of this company, they make the entire process diffcult.
    Called to cancel within trial period. WAs told I would receive a confirmation email with the address to mail the product back. Did not receive the email. Contacted customer service via email, they had sent me an email back stating another link to send product back with an RMA number. Sent product back, checked credit card statment and 59, 99 was billed unauthorized by this scam merchant.

Damage Resulting
    after repacking item, paying for shipping back, time and effort going to post office, the charge 59.99 was charged to my credit card, and until they receive the used product back, then they will credit my account back, so they say..