YourMusic.com / Unauthorized charge of 6.99 being billed to my credit card

I ordered some music in July 07. When I received my statement from my credit card they had charged me 6.99 towards the enc of July. I canceled the subscription the next bill in Aug 07 they charged again the 6.99. I contacted my credit card company advised them that these are charged I never agreed to and that I had canceled this in July07. The manager contacted them as well, they said okay we'll process the cancellation. Then when I received my September 07 bill, again they charged me. Obviously they don't understand the word cancel. Maybe everyone with a complaint should do something together to educate them. I am going to cancel again.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Er
      2nd of Jan, 2007

I had the Same problem with them. Made or order on the 12/2/2006 and its 1/2/2007 and still no response after 3 emails

• Tr
      27th of Jan, 2007

What did your charges on the bill look like exactly? Did it have a 800 number on it?

27th of Apr, 2007

My debit card bank statement reads:

CHECKCARD 04/05 YOURMUSIC.COM CS@YRMUS.COM IN $6.99

The unauthorized charge (my bank categorized it as fraud and sent me a new debit card) occurred on April 5, 2007. I have never done any kind of business nor contact (not even a visit to the site!) with YOURMUSIC.COM neither YRMUS.COM! They must have purchased my card data from some hackers? Now I found out that they are owned by BMG and Columbia House who sell CDs.

They gave me a run-around, never refunded the $5.99. I had to submit a charge back.

2nd of May, 2007

I, too have 5 unauthorized charges on card from YourMusic.com and have not been able to get in touch with them to get this matter of 5 credits returned back to my card. I contacted my bank today and they are starting an investigation and are not accepting any more charges from yourmusic.com

My statements reads : Dec2006-April2007 $6.47 per month. I purchased a cd from BMG in 2006 and pay for it the same that I ordered it fulfilling the obligation of my purchased which I was not obligated to purchase any thing else from them and now I' getting these un-authorizedand bogus charges to my card. It looks like to me maybe we need to file a Class Action against YourMusic.com CS@YRMUS@COM.

What do you guys think? Thanks for the information that they one and the same as BMG and Columbia House.They will continue to to use these unethical tactics on consumers till something is done that will hit them where it hurts because that is what they are doing to us the consumers.

Thanks for the important information
    MAY GOD BLESS US ALL

• La
      24th of May, 2007

I want the 40$ yourmusic.com took in unauthorized charges and will not return AFTER I asked to withdraw from the club. They claimed 1) my withdrawal was within one business day of music cue's date, 2) that I had two subscriptions (not true) and when I asked to withdraw from the club they only cancelled one (which was their fault) and that as a monthly service they could not credit my credit card for the money. In short, my experience with yourmusic.com was dominated by poor music selection, predatory billing, failure to cancel as I requested, lies and excuses to explain why they are keeping my money.

They are no better than thieves. The salient issues are business ethics and the law, not their excuses or business policies.

Anyone wishing to see the e-mail correspondence between me and yourmusic.com can contact me at larrygreen01@comcast.net

• Ji
      31st of May, 2007

I was doing a survey (the first and last) and at the end I subscribed to YourMusic.com and have never been able to log on the the site not once. And for months now have been charged $6.99 and each time I try to use there (contact us) I get another message telling me that it's a link no longer in use or some BS like that. I have all but gotten a new computer to use the site to no avail. So if anyone has a mind to file a class act or anything to get the S.O.B"S to pay I'm all for it!!!

5th of Nov, 2007

I NEVER AUTHORIZED YOURMUSIC.COM TO CHARGE $7.58 FOR 3 MONTHS. I TRIED TO CONTACT THEM TO REFUND MY MONEY, BUT I HAVE A BOGUS TEL#I NEVER GOT THROUGH TO THE WEB SITE BUT THEY ARE DEDUCTING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT!!! THEY ARE A FRAUD I MUST AGREE THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A LEGITIMATE CONTACT# PLEASE FIND THEM SO I CAN GET A REFUND!!! THANK YOU, KINDLY!!!

• Up
      1st of Nov, 2007

I had the same problem. It's almost impossible to cancel.

3rd of Oct, 2007

I have'nt bought any CDS in months and I've tried cancelling via the phone and internet.I still keep getting charged.I want to stop being billed and the credit card company is'nt helping.

28th of Sep, 2007

DEAR SIRS.
    MY IS MADALENO JR MARTINEZ
    I AM IN THE AIR FORCE RIGHT AND I
    NEED TO CANCAL MY ORDER BECAUSE I AM LEAVEING THE STATES FOR SOME YEARS PLEASE DO NOT GET ANY MORE MONEY OUT
    THIS ACCOUNT I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I WANT SOME MORE MUSIC SORRY FOR NOW
    MADALENO JR MARTINEZ`

• Ka
      1st of Nov, 2007

I have been trying to get that account closed do to fraud. Please close this account out!!! I am still working on my fraud.. Thank you.

16th of Nov, 2007

I took a survey a long time ago and have been on someone list. I put money in my account with Paypal to make an order of a Chiltons catalog and now I have a bill from this j*rks. I will dispute the bill but if anyone want to start a class action on YourMusic.com please count me in.

7th of Dec, 2007

I have a 6.99 charge on my credit card and I haven' t ordered anything from you. I only visited your web site. you have billed me on oct.12,2007, if I ordered something and forgot it, why haven't I received it? AND WHY IS THERE NO TELEPHONE CONTACT SO I CAN CUSS SCREAM AND HOLLER AT YOU FOR RUNNING A CHEAP SCAM ON THE PUBLIC?

• Er
      12th of Dec, 2007

Does anyone know how to get in direct contact with these people, I never ordered anything, through yourmusic.com... im about to get my attourney involved...

13th of Dec, 2007

I purchased my first cd in November 2006 I received the cd which was not a good copy the sound was bad so I did not want anymore unable to contact anyone. I have been charged every month 6.99 and have not received anymore CDs. I called my bank and they cannot stop them because it is an ATM card. They are stealing my money and I cannot stop them. Does anybody know what to do?

• Li
      16th of Dec, 2007

If someone has been charging your account without you receiving anything, you need to look at you bank statement and get the company information to contact them and cancel, or go to the website and get their contact info.

I just signed up for this service, and while not promised an ipod, it is my understanding that the music you want is to be placed in a queue, and they will send you a cd every month. However, they will charge you the 6.99 even if nothing is in the queue. So maybe there is nothing in your queue.

2nd of Jan, 2008

Did you sign up for the service? Did you choose the CDs you want? You really didn't say what the concern was, but I am sure there is someone at the company that will help you.

2nd of Jan, 2008

Their number should be on your statement. Now, if you log into their website I believe their information is on there.

Pablo

• De
      31st of Jan, 2008

I'm trying to cancel this account; however, I can not locate a number for this company. If anyone has their number, please e-mail me at debi4school@aol.com.

I have learned a very expensive lesson. I will never again sign-up for anything giving out my account information for direct debt. If necessary, I'll close down the account to keep these bums from debting it every month!!!

• Ca
      4th of Feb, 2008

I just noticed that my mom's credit card was charged and has been for over one year. Any suggestions on how I can get it cancelled quickly?