Your Local Services Online / Scam!

1 Topeka, KS, United States

I see there are other complaints on this site and others regarding Your Local Services Online out of Miami Beach, Florida [protected]). Similar to others' experiences, a "customer service representative" with a heavy Indian accent called my office talking a hundred miles an hour claiming to be offering a free online listing for my business. They allegedly simply wanted to confirm that the information they had for my business was correct. I listened to it and they asked if it was correct. I confirmed that it was. They then began slipping a $39.95 charge on my monthly AT&T bill. It was listed under "PaymentOne.com" and was listed among the other usual AT&T charges. So I didn't catch it for 19 months when finally, as I was disconnecting service for that company, I discovered what they had been doing. That's almost $800 out of my pocket for absolutely nothing in return. Had I known what they were "offering, " I would have NEVER authorized that charge. Yes, I'm embarrassed that I didn't catch it before now but have filed complaints with the Florida and Kansas Attorneys General and urge others who have had this experience with this complete SCAM of a company to do the same. It's very easy to go online to the A.G.'s websites and file a complaint. There is strength in numbers! Don't just sit by and take it when someone rips you off! This kind of crap won't end until we ordinary folks start standing up for ourselves and fighting back.