YOUR GRANT ADVISOR / taking money out of my checking account

1 Hillsboro, OR, United States Review updated:

I received a phone call from Your Grant Advisor asking if I could use some money. They said if I authorized them to take $1.99 out of my checking account they would provide information about these grants. They asked if they could take out $49.95 for something and I refused. Beginning in March they have taken out $49.95 each month. I tried to find out how to get in touch with them but there does not seem to be a phone number. In order to get on their website they ask for a password and user name which was provided in an email. I have no email or any other way to get in touch with them. I went to the bank and they said I had to get in touch with Your Grant Advisor in order to stop the payments. Please help. I am on a very limited fixed income and I cannot afford to have this money taken out of my account every month.

Gwendolyn Greene
gwegree@optonline.net

More YOUR GRANT ADVISOR Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Em
      18th of May, 2009

GIANT RIPOFF!!! emery

• Jm
      4th of Jun, 2009

18003387537 is there contact number to cancel

23rd of Jun, 2009

They just called me and tried to have me pay just 1.99 for shipping for the CD that they said they would ship to me... while on the phone I looked them up online... the website has no information just a log in screen so I became suspicious because in the past I have made the mistake of falling for a trial period and next thing I knew I was charged 50 bucks every month and didnt know how to stop it. So I asked her how much is it after the 10 day free trial and she told me 49.99 however she did give me her name... email.. customer service number and website.
    I did a quick search on google for a scam from them and I saw a few complaints.. so I told her that I would do some research then call back... she didnt like that to much... but I ended my call... lol.

The number she gave me is 800-338-7537 and email she gave me is support@yourgrantadvisor.com

I did call and I did get through to someone rather quickly and I asked her if I could cancel my trial membership with her and she said I sure could and asked for my user name and log in... but I said I didnt have it and hung up.

So I hope this helps you out!

• Ew
      30th of Jun, 2009

used to work in that company. i pitied people who gave out their credit cards knowing they will be charged automatically on a monthly basis without their full knowledge. hence i resigned.

• Ew
      30th of Jun, 2009

dont do any business with this compaqny am warning you guys! you will be charged in your credit and debit cards automatically.

• Ar
      9th of Jul, 2009

I am so glad you posted the customer service phone number, I have been looking for that for months now. They don't respond to emails at all. And I'm also glad I used a onetime use card from paypal so they can't keep charging my account. They said, (like I saw in someone else's complaint about them before on here somewhere) "I stuck my neck out for you, and we'll go ahead and issue you the refund". First of all I could tell he was reading that from a screen, I used to be a telemarketter, and you know when someone sounds like a robot, they are readng a script. They said to give them 3 - 7 days for my refund to go through... I'll keep you posted.

Also just a little tip for ANYONE doing any business online, unless you trust the people you give your card number to, explicitly, I would use a service like Paypals create a one time use mastercard number. You set up an account with paypal, it can be with your credit card or bank account as it's source of funding or you can simply put money straight into paypal itself, then you make purchases at any online store through paypals toolbar Icon that will create either a onetime use or multi use card that draws its funds from your paypal account, using your card/account as backup if your paypal is empty. So if you use a onetime use card thats the only time they can charge you. Also if you see a charge thats on there that you didn't authorise within 45 days open a complaint and they will look into it, if they find it to be legitimately not purchased by you THEY will refund your money and then go after the people who scammed you. (unfortunately for me I noticed too late and was over 60 days so I have to do this on my own) :(

Just a tip I hope helps

• Ms
      30th of Jul, 2009

I totally agree! they almost got me*