Your American Grant / Internet Fraud

1 222 HenryJacksonville, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-546-0923

I signed up for access to this company's database through Facebook. They said it would cost $1.95. I was sent to a website which I now cannot find and attempted to access grant information. It did not work. I sent a complaint through their website and never heard from them.

A few days later I received a phonecall from them. The woman said they wanted to send me "something" and she was going to record the call. I refused to be recorded. She hung up on me. Next, they debited my bank account for $58.61. I never agreed to this charge.

It is now Sunday night and tomorrow is a holiday, so I am unable to contact my bank to contest the charge or request a dispute form. These people are going to be sorry they messed with me. I will be calling these people incessantly until they refund my money. I will also be reporting them to Facebook and the Better Business Bureau, and will involve an attorney if necessary.

Fu

More Your American Grant Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fr
    Your American Grant - Grants
    Building Blocks of Wellness
    Texas

I ordered an "informational" CD re Government Grants for Women in Business which I authorized payment of $2.95. "Your American Grant" withdrew $58.61 from my checking account without any authorization w/in one week of receipt of CD. I hadn't even looked at the CD. This is a total unauthorized used of credit card information. However, there is a number on the CD that I intend to call today to reverse the charges.

• Bi
      9th of Feb, 2009

Will you post that number, I authorized the 1.95 charge and 68.13 was withdrawn from my checking account. and now I''ve been on hold to a bogus number for 20 minutes!

• Gw
      9th of Feb, 2009

Your American Grant is a vicious scam. They are attempting to rip of my checking account, 3 transactions this week. I have reported them to my bank. They send you nothing but take your money not only once, twice or three times but $58.21 per month. This has got to be stopped. They are dangerous people.

There is no phone number that answers no matter how long you wait for somebody to talk to.

• Da
      10th of Feb, 2009

On my credit card I authorized $1.95 for information, which I could not access anywhere on there web site. Six days later I noticed a charge for $58.61. My credit card people got a phone number and I talked to some nasty girl. First she said she could not match my name to my zip code. Then she said I signed up for monthly service of 58.61. The 1.95 was for instant access.

I told her it never said that. Told her I googled their web site and saw lots of complaints of them being a scam. Told her to reverse charge. She hung up on me.

Needless to say, I changed my credit card number. Definately a scam.

Now I know what it is like to be robbed and stolen from. YOUR AMERICAN GRANT DEFINATELY SCAMMED ME AND AMERICAN GRANT ROBBED ME.

• Da
      10th of Feb, 2009

I got through on phone number 866 546 0923.

If somebody does get through and talk to a live person, all you can do is tell them (American Grant) or whatever their name is for the day, that they are nothing but a bunch of slime balls.

David

• Ro
      10th of Feb, 2009

Hardship Needs Help In This Economic Crisis And Hardtime. I'am A Vietnam Veteram / Disable I Need
    Financial help. We Are Below Proverty Deep In Credit
    Card Debt. We Are In Economic Crisis Living From
    Day To Day We Are In Badly Need Of Financial Assistance.

I HAVE (6) SIX GRANT CD'S And AND NO MONEY.
    Roy

10th of Feb, 2009

Guess I should have researched before jumping into this mess.

I also got hit for $60 and have not even received the information.

On hold for 20 minutes now listening to terrible easy listening PAP!

Times are tough and these vampires are feeding on good people.

I am now overdrawn and paying overdraft fees.

Thanks.

• Mm
      11th of Feb, 2009

I too fell victim to this scam. I agreed to the $1.95 charge for instant access and could not locate any information on their website that was of any use at all. 8 days later I'm hit with a charge of $68.13. After 2 days of trying to get in touch with them, I finally spoke to a VERY RUDE gut and he's trying to tell me that this is a monthly charge that I agreed to. I told him that I didn't and I wanted my money refunded and he kept insisting that I agreed. I too cancelled my credit card and am in the process of trying to get my money back from the credit card company.

• Ro
    Your American Grant - Unauthorized Charges
    Jacksonville
    Florida

This company has made unauthorized charges to my account after I made 1 purchase. They real you in with a low, low price and then start charging you extremely high amounts a few days later. The contact number is 866-546-0923. Good luck getting them to answer the phone----and then some lady named Whitney is rude and hung up the phone. I had to close my account to stop them from continuing to Rip-Me-Off.

11th of Feb, 2009

I have BofA. I tried to call the toll free number for American Grant, but was also put on hold by the automated system and left for dead. I hung up with them and called the dispute number for my bank. I explained what happened and they reversed the charges immediately AND gave me a fraud number to call if any more charges show up.

Also, I authorized the $1.95 charge for instant access, but never received anything except a charge for $2.95. I chalked it up to an error in their system. What a fool. Anyway, I think we all should go to the place where we clicked on the ad originally, mine was from Facebook, and complain to them.

Good luck!

• Sc
      11th of Feb, 2009

So I too fell scam. I agreed to $1.99 in shipping charges, next thing I know $58.61 is being withdrawn from my account. Same old story, no one answers the phone, no one available to talk to... My credit card company said they've received lots of complaints from this company. Hopefully they'll reverse the charge, but Facebook needs to do a better job of screening their advertisements. I'm headed over there to complain.

• Gr
      11th of Feb, 2009

Buyer beware. I knew better and still didn't do enough homework before jumping into this. BofA told me the same thing. It has to post to my account then I have to call back to the fraud department. I am confident that they will reverse the charges and refund my overdraft fees.

• Cr
      11th of Feb, 2009

Scam. I called my bank, WAMU, to have the charges reversed. It dirties the name of "Your American..." to operate a scummy company like this.

• Si
      11th of Feb, 2009

Wow I can't believe I fell for this scam!

I also got charged the unauthorized $58.61. I called them but was put on hold for a while.

Just called my bank and reported to the fraud department and also closed my card.

• Sh
      11th of Feb, 2009

I too fell for the scam. I authorized the 1.95 and have not received anything. Now I have a debit tha posted on the 9th of February, It still has not cleared and I cannot do anything until they take the money.. I know what their doing and I still have to let them.!! I have called the number several times and have gotten nothing!! Shelly

13th of Feb, 2009

I had to close my account also because they did the same thing to me. I ordered a 1.95 item and within 2 days my account was charged 58.61. I was on hold for hours trying to get through with someone.

• Ts
      13th of Feb, 2009

While I understand the above posters frustrations, this company is actually NOT a scam. I do however HATE companies that do business like this. When I purchased the 1.95 thing, I read the small print that said you have a 7 day trial after which you will be charged $58 if you don't call and cancel first.

When I realized the information was not that good, I called and a rep canceled it for me without problem. They gave me a cancellation confirmation number and sent me an email.

so, while it is highly frustrating the way in which they sort of trick you, they really aren't a scam. Lesson learned is to always read the fine print.

• Fu
      15th of Feb, 2009

I found the website for these scammers: http://www.grantaccess.com

• Fu
      15th of Feb, 2009

Sorry, wrong website. It should be http://www.grantaccessclub.com, or https://ssl.encryptedprocessing.com/~bhhl4rnr/index.php?refer=&pubid=&subid=

• Ca
      16th of Feb, 2009

This has recently happened to me. Just noticed a charge in my account for 68.13 from them. I called back the same number they used to call me for the "free gift" and haven't been able to speak with anyone.