Your American Grant / unauthorized removal of funds from my account

1 1301 Harding Way EGalion, OH, United States Review updated:

I have to unauthorized transactions in my checking account. One was noted Pending Payment [protected] CY in the amount of 29.95 and the other Your American Grant [protected] IL

More Your American Grant Complaints & Reviews

Comments

7th of Feb, 2009

I agree that Your American Grant and Grant American are rip offs. I called the 866-546-0923 and no one answered my calls. I also called ther numbers of 866-546-0503 and 866-309-1269. They are also known as Easy Grants. Please be aware that this company changes its name all the time and is a rip off.

• Ha
      8th of Feb, 2009

Same issue here. I clicked on an Ad in Facebook. They said for 1 dollar they would ship the software for a 21 day trial. Nothing ever got shipped and 4 days later they charge me 29.95. The number is shown on both as 866-546-0923. Complete scam but you would think Facebook would look into that. I've opened a case with my bank and with Facebook. I believe Facebook is culpable. I'll contact a lawyer on Monday.

They are in IL is what you found? If they are I can file a charge at the DA. Put a few of them in Jail for 10 years and see if that doesn't stop them!

• Ha
      8th of Feb, 2009

correction 8007127222 was the number

9th of Feb, 2009

I also have a charge on my account from this company, any help with how i should go about getting it back would be appreciated

• Wf
      9th of Feb, 2009

I have an unauthorized pending transaction to my Debit card for $58.61 and I called the bank and they told me that once it is posted I can dispute it and get my money back and they recommended me to change my account numbers.

• Sh
      9th of Feb, 2009

I also have an unauthorized pending transaction to my debit card for 58.61. I was also advised to let the transaction post and then dispute it. After it has posted i was advised to change my account numbers. I have phoned the company at 1-866-546-0923 several times only to be answered by an automated voice and told to hold for a representative. No-one ever comes on the line

9th of Feb, 2009

I wish I would have read this first. 58.61 was what was charged to my account without permission. AHHH. All I get is music on the line. No one answers. I"ll check back so if anyone gets this figured out please post.

• Si
      9th of Feb, 2009

Me too!!! I am a single mom who does not have the funds to have this happen to me. They have bounced my account now I have transactions that will continue to bounce and a crap load of bank fees!! There has to be something we can do! HELP!!!

• Mo
      11th of Feb, 2009

Me too -- only they have pulled off pulling four different transactions from my account so far. Under three different names (GOVTFUNDGRANTS; FRAUDPROTECTION; and MYGRANTDOLLARS) two numbers (8007127222 and 8664706898). Total nearing $200. Called bank IMMEDIATLY after each set of charges. Found that the charges associated with the 8007127222 number actually was charged and came from over seas.

We caught it IMMEDIATELY the first charge (the morning the same day it hit our account) - and reported our card stolen. They still snuck the other charges through a week later. I find that it is a sad state of the financial system when canceling a card still allows charges to go through under the reported stolen card number.

• Th
      12th of Feb, 2009

I got a charge out of the blue from FRAUDPROTECTION. I disputed the charge and cancelled my cards. Luckily (a bit sour, but still luckily), my Credit Union had to issue new debit cards for many accounts due to an unrelated compromise. So, I'd get the new cards regardless, but it felt good to cancel this card before FRAUDPROTECTION could charge more from my account. Also, since I didn't sign up for anything (to my knowledge), I am unable to call whomever it is back to cancel this fake account. I don't care anymore... but:

To all those out there, if you see a charge from 8007127222 at all, I recommend disputing the charge and changing your card numbers. It's a hassle, but once someone like this has your card number, they'll run rampant with it! Cheers.

• Bo
      15th of Feb, 2009

CALL YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION REPORT YOUR CARD STOLEN and then please copy and paste the below link which will take you to the the IC3 it's co-sponsored by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). There you can file a complaint and the more they receive the quicker they will act.
    Same thing happened to me and I caught it when it was just a small $2.99 charge at that time I called as this was something I never even ordered they had my address but wrong phone number so at that time I was given 3 cancellation confirmation numbers. Now I look today top find they have taken an additional $58.61 out of my acct which happens to be debit so add the overdraft fee on top of that. These rip off ### must be stopped immediately!

• Wa
      17th of Feb, 2009

I sent about 25 emails to this address yesterday after I called and was basically told "too bad" and they refused to credit my money. I said had reported them to the BBB, the FBI internet crimes, Facebook and my bank and credit card company. And I did do all this too. I said I would be part of the class action lawsuit against them too. When there is one. They never sent me anything either and Facebook should REMOVE THE ADS.'
    support@grantresearchguide.com

send emails here about 20 a day. I got a reply that they cancelled my account but I am still trying to get my money

17th of Feb, 2009

I have had the same issues with Your American Grant. I only paid for the one time instant access fee 0f $1.95 later to find that the amount 0f $58.61 was pending on my account. I called my bank right away but it could not be disputed until the money was actually taken out. I waited and then checked again to find that the $58.61 was taken out. I called the bank and they needed me to call the company to resolve it first. Well that didn't work cause the lady got an attitude with me and gave me some bogus answer about cancelling after 7 days in order for the amount to not be taken out. I ended up getting off the phone with the company later to call them back. To my amazement they had cancelled the so-called subscription once they found out I was on to them I guess. This is an unfortunate situation because these people keep getting away with this from the reports I have seen thus far. I am livid because I am a single mother with two children and no solid income and don't need to be losing any money in these tough times. I am really hoping that something can be done for myself and all the others affected by this scamming company.

17th of Feb, 2009

I never heard of, ordered anything, or did business with GOVTFUNDEDGRANTS, which showed up a number of times for various charges on my account with this phone number: 8007127222 CY. For more about my experience, visit my blog posting at http://petercfrank.blogspot.com/2009/02/at-wi-fi-just-cost-me-five-hours-of-my.html

• Tw
      18th of Feb, 2009

I CANT BELIEVE THIS [censored]!!!

I ordered the government grant stuff to get grants for college after googleing grants, and i ordered this thing, next thing i know, I have lost $40.00 from these three companies! Best thing to do is just call your local police department and have them look into it. Switch all your account info. Get a new card. Etc...

I am filing a complaint online, and emailing the link posted above! I cant afford this because I am unemployed the way it is and luckily getting by with college! Any new info, please post!!!

• La
      18th of Feb, 2009

Same issue here. I clicked on an Ad in Facebook. They said for $1 dollar they would ship the software for a 21 day trial. Nothing ever got shipped and 4 days later they charge me 29.95 followed by a $4.95. Best thing to do is report as fraud and cancel the card.

• Bo
      19th of Feb, 2009

I just noticed today that these people took out $58.61 to my account twice. Not only that, but they also charge an international fee too. All in all, it's $117.71 that they've scammed from me. EVERYONE, please make complaints and change accounts!!! Even when you think it's cancelled, I have read some where else that they still withdraw from your account! I am not goning to rest till WE all get our money and they all see PRISON TIME!!!

• Da
      20th of Feb, 2009

I check my credit card account almost every day online. I noticed the 1.95 charge along with the american grant name. Upon googling it I very quickly called my credit card, cancelled it. I am not as concerned with the 1.95. However, I can't afford a bunch of bogus charges. My CC company was very cooperative.

• Dw
      21st of Feb, 2009

Disgusting that these people prey on people that are trying to make ends meet. I filed a report with the FBI.

I also used a virtual account number when I signed up instead of my actual card number. That way I just cancelled the virtual card instead of the real one. Everyone should check if their cards offer this new feature to protect themselves online and avoid a lot of hassle.

• Wa
      24th of Feb, 2009

READ THIS. Wish I had!! It also gives more contact info. The BBB gives this business a big fat F