youngerlookingeyes.com / charging for free trial

1 San Mateo, CA, United States Review updated:

I saw the TV ad where you get a free trial for Hydrolyze and you only pay $6.95 shipping. When I went to the site, I read the 'blurb' at the bottom. They state they will charge you for the free item! They say they will automatically charge your credit card in 2 payments of $69.95. I canceled the 'free' order. I immediately got a an email with them asking me to place order with only $1 shipping. They would still charge the $140! What a scam!!!

Zo

Comments

• Re
      20th of Oct, 2009

I have had nothing but headaches with the company, which in fact is several companies but one warehouse. The shipping charges are excessive and they send products separately to get more money even if you request that they be sent in the same package. They will admit mistakes, but have no way (according to them) to pay for the return shipping after you are given the authorization even if they know it was their mistake. They insist that the products be returned insured. They advertise that their products contain certain ingredients, but when you look at the packages there is no indication that the ingredients (e.g. matrixyl) are really in the products. I called and asked if they could tell me which ingredients comprise these three special ingredients that they make a big deal out of in their advertising. The person I spoke with promised to e-mail me the ingredients that make up Matryxl etc., but it was apparently just to get me off the line. They are very rude for the most part. I did have one great agent who gave me his extension number, but his number was usually busy. He gave me my products at a huge reduction from the published prices. I was so angry when I received my last autoshipment of incorrect products that I called and cancelled. I would never do business with any of their companies. I told the agent I would buy my products at the drugstore, that they were just as good. That really got a reaction. The best way to get good skin products is to go to a dermatologist that has an aesthetician. There are many excellent products with pharmaceutical grade ingredients...and no shipping charges!

• Aa
      15th of Nov, 2009

This commercial is a complete scam, commericial states call within 10 minutes after commercial and you'll receive a free trial sample with Absolutely no commitment...i called and asked for free trial that's offered first I was told all I have to do is pay 6.95 shipping and handling...agent kept talking and talking sounded like she was reading from a script the whole time, every time I would ask a question she would cut me off!! I kept asking are u sure only thing I'm paying is 6.95 and finally she says your credit card will be billed 2 payment of 69.95 unless u call back to cancel!! I asked commercial says nothing about that just offers free trial!!! Is there any way just to receive my free sample she finally says NO!!! This is a total scam be very careful before u give credit card. !!! November 15th, 2009

• Ki
      20th of Dec, 2009

I am soooo glad you post this! I was gonna buy it to try it cause I just saw the commercial as well. What a horrible rip off! That's false advertizing! Good thing I saw your blog while goggle "youngerlookingeyes.com." that blows. O, well.

• Tc
      21st of Dec, 2009

Thank you for the heads up with all these negative comments. I was going to try this but not after learning about this scam. I guess the price you pay for beauty is costly. Thanks agian.

• Ms
      17th of Jan, 2010

Thank you for this information! I was just about to place an order and make a big mistake!

• Sc
      28th of Jan, 2010

I too have been scammed! My "free trial" cost me $146.00! And the son of ### will not refund it or even take the product back! Wish I had read this first...

• Sc
      28th of Jan, 2010

scam scam scam!

• Fi
      4th of Feb, 2010

I really appreciate the comments as well. The same thing happened to me with another product (some Acai "weight loss" program). I almost fell for this one as well but thought I would google it and try to do a little more research on it before being "taken" again! All these products with the "free trial - just pay S&H" seem to be scams. What was I thinking anyway - nothing is "free"! I am so glad I read this! $140 for some eye cream!!?? You can even get cheaper stuff going through Avon!! Thanks again so much!!!

• Bl
      18th of Feb, 2010

I'm so glad that I came here to check this out before I ordered the so called "free trial". I too saw the add on T.V. and it DOES NOT say anything about being charged $69.95 twice on your credit card! I'm so sick of these unethical companies doing business like this and getting away with it! The BBB really needs to crack down on these companies and their adding charges on to your card without disclosing it. Thanks for the heads up! I guess it falls under the saying, if it sounds too good to be true ... it usually is.

• Si
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Has anyone reported this to their Attorney General of their states? I bet they would get this commercial to stop in a minute. What a scam. I am so glad that I also looked here.
    Thanks for saving me a big headache.

• Bu
      11th of Mar, 2010

I also wanted to thank whoever's blog this is. I was just getting ready to order Hydrolize. When I GOOGLED youngerlookingeyes.com I luckily found this blog. Thanks again for saving me $140 and from what it sounds like a big headache as well.

• Rl
      12th of Mar, 2010

I couldn't get a straight answer on how much a jar costed. I could only get told what 3 jars costed and even after I said ok "thank you but no thank you" and just hung up tha man actually called me back. So I said "no thanks you" again and hung up once again and he continued to call me back 2 more times and then I said ok I think the next person on my phone line will be someone from the BBB and no more calls. Please be careful if you chose to order.

23rd of Mar, 2010

good looking out.sounds like company is scaming, contact b.b. everone..

23rd of Mar, 2010

if more people got intouch with bb. we might stop it

• As
      31st of Mar, 2010

I ordered the stuff yesterday and decided to look for reviews afterward. Wish I would have did it before but I was able to catch it before it happened thanks to the reviews. I just called Bank of America and they just changed my card number now I wont be charged.

• Ca
      3rd of Apr, 2010

I saw the commerical this morning and was going to order it, but I usually check out the website first. I am really glad I did.
    When something seems too good to be true, it usually is! Thanks for the information.

• Je
      27th of May, 2010

I just saw the commercial and thought perhaps it would be an awesome product to alleviate my bags under my eyes. But whether the product works or not, it would not be worth being scammed. Thank you to each of you for the heads up. These days, we consumers need to share information and help take care of each other.

• Jl
      27th of Jun, 2010

Repeatedly, I placed my trust in such companies, thinking that I will be able to "catch" the deception if it exists, but no, I can't. It seems that companies of this sort (including businesses selling fitness apparatus) follow the same trends. The trend; "free" trial, charge on credit card if a call to cancel isn't made in time--by the way, this means within two weeks, not one month--no means of refunding, no returns--even if they state this to be so or if the package is returned unopened. These types of businesses pry on "desires" and disappointments, on people who have tried multiple venues, and are on the verge of giving up. Scams . . . costly scams, fostering distrust during a time when we should all recognize that we are truly interdependent. Solo works for but a few. Thankfully, I’ve learned my lesson. Unfortunately, the lesson learned by me and others will have a direct and negative effect on business functioning under INTEGRITY. jlh

28th of Jun, 2010

Thanks fo the information this is how all of these "free trials" work do not give them any credit card info before you can see if it works they are going to charge you . I have found is that if you want to try products like these use a prepaid wal-mart card or green dot only put the amount that you need on the card and nothing more this way when you do not like the product you will not have lost anyhting:).

29th of Jun, 2010

I see this kind of thing every day in my job - I am a fraud analyst - this kind of thing is not fraud but the "lure" is the deceptive practice. Whenever you see, either on TV or in ad, when they state it is a "free trial" there is ALWAYS a catch! The sales reps job is to get your credit/debit card and their fine print is masked to permit them to do so. Don't EVER participate in a TRIAL offers, they can PRE-BILL the larger monthly amount once you give them your credit card number, you give them your card number and you are giving them permission to charge your account, and they DON'T have to reimburse you for anything! They are protected by their "fine print" agreement that you agree to when you give them your credit/debit card number. TRIAL OFFERS - CAVEAT EMPTOR - BUYER BEWARE!!! It is TOTALLY LEGAL - UNFORTUNATELY, but that is why it is called telemarketing. Hopefully this warning will help a lot of people - remember - if it s0unds Too Good to be TRUE - it usually is - other TRAPS - any program for AcaiBerry products and Teeth Whitening - I have seen them ALL!!! Save yourself the headaches - use Cucumber slices on your eyes, baking soda for your teeth, and eat lots of bluberries, at least buying these at the grocery store you won't get scammed out of hundreds of dollars.