Young America Corporation / Young America Corporation mail in rebate - lost my box top

United States Review updated:

I purchased the Microsoft Money Plus and TaxCut 2008 software titles at Staples. This package comes with a $40.00 mail in rebate. I carefully went over all the requirements, and mailed in the required store receipts, along with the Money Plus Duluxe Box top (which also had Microsoft certificate of authenticity on it). I scanned all items for proof, and sent the properly completed rebate form as certified mail to the Young America Corporation Microsoft Rebate processing center. I have photocopies and scans of everything, the Money Plus packaging materials minus a box top, and proof of mailing

Sure enough I get a letter on Microsoft letter head, that the box top with barcode was not enclosed. I try calling the telephone number indicated on the letter [protected]), and sure enough I am put on hold and finally hang up.

I believe that this corporation intentionally discards these box tops, and effectively destroys any chance for the consumer to receive their mail-in rebates (since they no longer have the boxtop and barcode). They effectively steal the money that is rightfully promised us.

I will also file a complaint against Microsoft Corporation for employing these deceptive practices.

I have filed complaints with

- Young America Corporation

- Microsoft Corporation

- Staples

- The Better Business Corporation

And I will file complaints with the executives of these corporations and/or government agencies if I can... all for the $40 rebate that Young America Corporation want to "trick me" out of.
Va

Comments

Ri
  3rd of Aug, 2008
I sent in my box label with all the required info, and "Young America" has lost it, and, after sending in a photocopy of what I had sent, I'm still being told that I haven't sent in the required info...I've had it with Microsoft. What a waste of my time and effort!
Rick Heers
Gr
  26th of Mar, 2009
I purchased a computer from Office Depot in June 2008. It is now March 2009 and I have still not received the rebate, despite numerous phone calls. The company handling the rebate is Young America. They claim to have sent checks on two occasions. What are the odds that the US Postal Service has dropped the ball twice?