Yorkshire Terrier / False advertisement!

5215 Windward Pkwy # BAlpharetta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (770) 751-1981

About a year ago, I purchased what was advertised as a PUREBRED YORKSHIRE TERRIER from this location. The puppy was only 7- weeks old (so they said) and when I asked why she didn't have any hair, they said that it was because she was so young and I would see a change the older she got. I never received any "papers" for the puppy. They said she was registered and she was not registered. In fact, I was later told that I was responsible for getting the yorkie registered. Petland said they would be mailing her "papers" and certificate of registration out within nine weeks because they had just got her. My dog is a little over one now and she looks nothing like a Yorkshire Terrier full grown. Oh yeah, I almost forgot-Petland sold her for $2100 total!!! And she is NOT even a purebred yorkshire terrier-she's mixed with another breed. I am outraged and I am writing this so that hopefully no one falls prey to false advertisement scams such as this one. My advice to anyone searching for a new pet... go to a breeder. You'll get a cheaper price and 9/10 a more quality pet for your $$. I am currently trying to resolve this someway with Petland Corp... Plz whatever you do... DO NOT BUY A PET FROM PETLAND IN ALPHARETTA, GA!!!

Comments

Bo
  25th of Feb, 2008
I am really sorry you had such a bad experience... Maybe this will make you feel better: That specific petland is under new management, and the new owner is very responsible towards her customers, her breeders, and the dogs in general.

I bought an 8wk old boxer there who is now 8 months old, and happy and healthy. He's the love of my life, and they even put me in contact with the breeder (who is not from HUNTE as every misinformed ### on the internet thinks).

Every Petland is owned by a different person- these are franchises. Responsibility is ultimately on you, to ask for the breeder's information and papers. I learned the hard way, my first go round where I thought I bought a pure bred chihuahua, and ended up with a basenji/chihuahua mix.

Breeders can be JUST as deceiving as pet stores. Just make sure you're informed before you spend 2k on anything, not just dogs.