YORKIE / bad breeder

1 Wilmington, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 910.319.7220

I BOUGHT THREE DOGS FROM ACORN MANOR. THE FIRST WAS A PARTI CARRIER BRED WITH FULL PARTI. THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON I BAUGHT HER WAS BECAUSE SHE WAS BRED WITH PARTI. TURNED OUT SHE WAS BRED WITH CHOCOLATE. I DNA'D LITTER AS I WAS UNSURE OF THIS BREEDER. THE NEXT I KNEW HAD A SLIGHT SISSOR BITE. OUT OF THREE BREEDINS SHE HAS GIVEN ME 9 PUPS WITH SEVERE UNDERBITE. I BRED HER THREE TIMES HOPING FOR ONE GOOD FEMALE. THE THIRD WAS A CHOCOLATE CARRIER. I WAS THOD SHE'D BE 5.8 LBS. AT 3 YEARS OLD SHE IS UNDER 3 #.

More YORKIE Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ke
      10th of Apr, 2011

I had a similar situation with this breeder. I bought a pregnant female yorkie from Acorn Manor on March 2011. The dogs was supposed to be a great quality breeder and bred to a platinum parti yorkie and the breeders said she was going to have a large litter. The price was high. I got the female dog and took her to the Vet on the next business day to find out the dog has a congenital health defect and should not be intended for breeding. Congenital Luxated patella grade 3 was the DR diagnostic. I took the dog to another Veterinarian for a second opinion and the diagnostic was the same. I tried to get to an agreement with the breeder/seller to return the dog but, she simple hanged up the phone on me and do not want to negociate a refund. 3 Weeks after I got this yorkie she had a premature fetus that didn't survived (only one puppy in that litter). I am stock with a sick dog that I will not breed and $2000.00 less on my bank account. People, do your research before you buy a yorkie. If it sounds to good to be true, it problably is.

22nd of May, 2011

Peggi handley has complained about my dogs I so0ld her for three years. she has bred all three of them and made a small fortune. If Mrs handley thinks my dogs are not good ---why does she continue to breed them? Mrs handley has complained to every agency including BBB. they have given me a top rating for my dogs. Peggi handley by her own admission has continured to breed Acorn manor dogs and make money from them. She breeds her dogs every heat season and is not a good breeder. She complains dogs she purchases and has even had pups she bought from other kennels tested to see if they are pure bred and what other breeds are in these dogs. Peggi handley is a joke!. I really feel sorry for her---as she is like a leach that never lets go! but she continues to breed brown Sugar and make money from hr. i have offered to buy her back but she refused to even talk to me. she had brown sugr listed for $600 on the colorful Yorkshire terrier site and i offered to buy her back---- no response from Mrs Handley. I now feel this is a jealousy harassment. Mrs handley ---if my dogs are so bad why do people want my dogs and why have you continued to breed them season after season?? Margery Kirner Acorn Manor yorkies.

22nd of May, 2011

I sold a pregnant dog to kenia Luis. the dog aborted a litter after arriving at Mrs Luis' premises. seven days early. The dog also had luxated patellas according to her vets. The dog walked normally-- there was no indication the dog had anything wrong with her legs. The ### was a very high quality --lots of champions on the pedigree. I replaced the ### with a gold/blonde male and shipped it out to Mrs Luis. The little male is also high quality. End of Story!

22nd of May, 2011

Mrs Luis paid $2000 for this pregnant ###. the ### had a large belly which mrs luis agreed that she was "big" She lost the litter 7 days premature---not my fault! one dead pup. Mrs Kenia Luis is an experienced breeder herself and she knows full well one cannot predict the size of a litter unless e-rayed or ultra -sound. neither of which was performed on this ###. I did think however that she would have about 4 pups as she looked big when i shipped her. Mrs Luis agreed in and e.mail that she had "big" belly. please all read kenia Luis complaint carefully-- she states that the price she paid for the dog was "high" then she says quote" if it sounds too good to be true --then it probably is" so which is it Kenia?? an expensive dog or a cheap dog?? you are contradicting yourself--no?? The dog was bred to my plat parti yorkie. Mrs Peggi handly is spooking other breeders about my dogs not being from the sire I claim! Remember the D.N.A isn't that what proves the dog comes from the right sire?. I was also told by another breeder that Mrs handly encourages other breeders to file complaints agaist me. If any breeders have any questions about my dogs having the correct sires ---have your pups D.N.A. checked against my sires ! duh!!

• Ke
      25th of May, 2011

Margery replaced the female pregnant I purchased from her with luxated patella grade 3 with a male puppy. I spayed the adult female to make sure she will not be bred again, sent proof of spayed to Margery and place her in a pet home.