York Photo Labs / YorkPhoto deleted my pictures

I uploaded over 100 high resolutions (~5MB) wedding pictures back in April to York Photo. The quality of the pictures were pretty good, better than WinkFlash I think, the color is warmer, they used Kodak paper.

BUT, if you order bunch at a time, be expect that the edge of many of your prints will get bended because they ship the prints in cheap thin envelopes. I wrote them a complaint letter, got no response.

When I logged in last night, I found out that ALL 600MB photos I uploaded are GONE!!! I don't know if York Photo deleted them because I am using too much of its space or because I sent them a complaint letter or simply because the server crashed and erased my photo. This is really scary. I spent days picking out the photos and uploading them. Really upset. Sent them another complaint letter, don't think I will get any response this time...

Si

Comments

• Ni
      10th of Nov, 2006
    York Photo Labs - Charge for 2 sets

Boston, Mass. is the location where I send all my films. I have received a recent message, my informing me that I need to send more money due to insufficient fund. File No. 70-448 somehow an error was made, I want 1 set of double pictures, I sent the appropriate amount of money, my pictures are being held, for a second set of prints, why would anyone order 2 sets of double prints is beyond me.

As a long time customer I am willing to say, I will not pay for something I do not want, at this point either I get my original pictures, I will not send an additional fee, i guess if this is not agreeable, you can have pictures.

Nicole

Roque Bluffs, Me, 04654

York Photo Labs
    P.O. Box 55802
    Boston, Mass. 02205

• My
      25th of Jul, 2007
    York Photo Labs - Poor quality service

I recently got my pictures back and a lot of them turned out dark and fuzzy. When a friend and I took my negatives to Wal Mart to make copies for her, all of the pictures that turned out poorly for me turned out perfectly fine for her. Also, she got a picture that I didn't even receive. The man at the counter even told me that someone had cut my negatives wrong. I was very disappointed with my service at York.

• Nn
      26th of Jul, 2007
    York Photo Labs - one roll film not returned

I ordered prints from York Photo Lab and 11 days after, I am still waiting for the photos, despite their website promising 3-5 days delivery. I complained to them, but they have refused to address the fact that my prints have not been delivered to me!

1st of Aug, 2007

I sent a roll of film to the same company on July 3rd -- we are still waiting to get our photos as of today, August 1st. I have sent an email with no response. Is there a way to contact them by phone?

6th of Sep, 2007
    York Photo Labs - Photos and negatives lost!

Sent an order to York Labs to have 69 negatives enlarged to 8x10. Total cost - 124.20. I insured my package for $1000 and mailed it out. They received it and claimed to have sent the film out - with no tracking number! Whenever I email and ask about my order I'm told I should "wait 10 days". Its been 2 months now. I will never deal with these scammers again!!!

• Ke
      29th of Sep, 2008

I sent film to the Denver branch on September 15, 2008 and have not received my pictures to date. My check has been cashed and cancelled. My account number is 7810034093

Please respond,

31st of Oct, 2008
    York Photo Labs - one roll film not returned
    Blairsville
    Phone: 706 745 4928

I recentley send York photo lad. in Atlanta 3 rolls of film to be processed. Two of them cam back one is still not returned. I've been doing business with them for app. 20 years and no complaint. I would like to get my film sent to me developed because there are some important photos on this roll.I have also paid for the developing. My number on the film is 8613723246. I would appreciate it if you can help on this situation. If I had a number or e-mail address I would contact myself. Thanks very much Larry J King