Yoli & Associates / Refund

1 PO Box 18322Golden, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303-674-8252

I cancelled a transaction within three days of signing up to recieve a monthly magazine. It was $65.00. I then faxed, called, emailed, and mailed the required information needed to recieve a refund, and have yet to receive it!

Comments

Sc
  13th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes

Yoli Associates cashed my two checks for magazines subscriptions
I ordered through their scam of " college students". I have yet to
receive anything from them. But don't worry, Christmas comes
every year as do the Yoli/Chapel people. This time I will have them all
arrested as perpetrators of this scam.

Ma
  26th of Mar, 2009

I had someone come to my door 01/21.. Still no magazines.. I just called and was advised that it can take up to 120 days to receive my magazines. (It didn't take 120 days to cash my checks) I then asked how to get a refund and was told I had 3 days only from my purchase date.. The girl then was kind enough (with plenty of attitude) to look up my reciept to find out if it was processed. I was told it had been done on 02/20 and that I would be getting them soon. Lets wait and see...

Ep
  1st of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

It was new years day, everybody is trying to be nice, but this people take advantage of you, they pretend to be nice but they just push you to get to your money. Is a scam. 4 months later and they havent send me a single magazine. .. I dont mind helping institutions, of give a donation... but why use the sxcuse of magazines to get my money. This corporation should be closed!

Th
  25th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Today is May 25, 2009, I have just signed up for it as the black guy came to my door being very nice and claiming he is the first one in his family to go to College. I said congratulations and was happy to help him by signing up for one magazine (Reader's Digest for $30 plus $15 processing fee. I gave a check of $25 and $20 cash. He claimed that he would not get any bonus if I paid by check alone. That was a red flag there, but since I'm a nice guy I don't mind doing that for him.

Let me see how long I will get the magazine or if this is a scam as other people say here.

P.S. I don't usually trust anyone coming to my door selling something so I checked after he left. I then found this website and it looks like my instinct is right...

De
  6th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Wow ---sounds like I wrote that----I stopped payment on my check so hopefully they didn't cash it yet---he came to my house Thursday night around supper time----I can't believe I fell for this.

De
  6th of Jun, 2009
Yoli & Associates - Failed to deliver
Yoli & Associates
Rhode Island

Same story as everyone else---young mild mannered black man comes to door selling magazines and books so he can get points for his college fund. This guy was good---I ususally can spot a scam in a heartbeat byt this one caught me. I did stop payment on the check after reading here and on rip-off.com so hopefully I did it in time. Beware, these people are theives and liars!!! They need to be arrested!

Th
  10th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I got my check back after I mailed AND faxed them a cancellation slip within the 3 days of signing up. The $20 cash is gone, plus the $20 stop payment fee. I spent $40 for nothing!

Another guy stopped by last Saturday but I did not open the door.

Si
  6th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

i jtput a stop payment on the 35$ check i wrote on friday. i had a funny felin after the young lady left and since i live in n ifgured the company would not recieve the cancellation slip wtt 3 days alloted. i never buy from people ta do door to door, but i figured that i would be helping her. i am a single mother my son's father passed 2 years ago, 31 years old and a college student, as well as a school bus driver. i know how hard it is to be successful ncllege and i being an african american female in the and urban area i
know that a lot of these young kids dn't have dreams or aspirations of becoming someting in life. it's too bad that it'll cost me 15$ to stop payment on that check, I just knew i should have gone with my first instinct and sent that girl packing.

Ga
  10th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I agree im also a college student myself and an afacain american and this young boy came to my house and i have to work 3 jobs in order to pay for school but i do so i felt bad and gave him 35$ on thrusaday with a check and now when i came on here im starting to think i shouldve went with my first insiscint when i thought this was some kind of scam. now im calling the company and they had not yet returned my calls.
what should i do?

Al
  14th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Beware...They are a fraud company...A youngster came to my door asking for subscription to magazines to earn credits for his college education and I ended up writing a check of $35 for it.

Cc
  12th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Yoli needs to be in jail for using the young men and women, they need to be aware of this evil person. I will be reporting her, to the proper authority. Red flags should have been when one of the students told us Yoli said she did mine dieing, I was horrified.

Ma
  23rd of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I too have the same story as all of the above.
I agve them a chack to a subscription so my son could get an X-Box magaizne.
Well, almost 4 mnoths later, NOTHING.l

10th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I FEEL THAT IF YOU DO EVERY CORRECT AND THE PERSON THAT COME TO YOUR DOOR IS HONEST ENOUGH TO TURN YOUR ORDER IN THEN YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. YOU SHOULD HELP ANYBODY THAT WANT TO HELP THEMSELVES IN POSITIVE WAY MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAVE PROPER ID AND IS CLEAN LOOKING. DOOR TO DOOR IS HARD AS HELL TALKING TO 90% NEGATIVE PEOPLE THAT DONT LIKE PEOPLE COMING THAT THEY DONT LOOK AT HOW DANGERS IT IS TO GO DOOR TO DOOR. ASK YOURSELF WOULD YOU GO DOOR TO DOOR AND HONESTLY SELL TO SUPPORT YOUR 4 KIDS AND YOU GOT HATERS THAT HAVE WRITE LITTLE BLOGS THAT MAKE HARDER FOR THOSE THAT ARE DOING THE WRITE THING OTHER THAN SELLING DRUGS.I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING THESE YOUNG PEOPLE FOR YEARS AND EVERY YEAR I HAVE BEEN GETTING EXACTLY WHAT I ORDER IF YOU MAKE SURE YOUR ORDER IS RIGHT THEN YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANTED AS I FATHER WHO DONT HAVE MONEY TO WASTE OR LOSE I DO LOVE TO SEE SOMEONE WORKING TO BETTER THEMSELVES THATS MY REASONS TO HELP EVERY YEAR THATS MAYBE WHY I GET WHAT I ORDER BECAUSE I HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING

Ct
  7th of Jan, 2010

I WISH I HAD CHECKED THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I GAVE MY CHECK FOR $73.00 TO "JOEL VELEZ" CODE "025". IT'S FUNNY...THE ONLY PERSON DEFENDING THE SCAM IS THIS 025 PERSON.
MR. VELEZ, IF YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING, WHERE THE HELL IS THE ONE BOOK I ORDERED ON JULY 10TH, 2009????

St
  1st of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Here is the problem, many of the young people who come to your door are honest and really believe that they are providing a service and will get money for college. I would love to talk to them and see if Yoli upheld their end of the college tuition deal. I don't think they realize that the company does not actually process the orders. And for those who make it point to point out that the person coming to their doors were "black" or "African American", crooks come in all races. The company is not owned by blacks. Now what?

Am
  6th of Feb, 2010

I just gave $59 cash to a guy pullin this same thing. His code was 025 as well! I think its universal. Im super upset bc I trusted this person... only to find out now that there are tons of people who got scammed by these people!! I wont buy anything from anyone again bc of this experience!

Ea
  6th of Apr, 2010

Yoil is a scam if they come to your door call the cops they are all fakes how i know cause i use to work for them..

Bo
  12th of Apr, 2010

One guy just swung by my place. He looked respectable for the most part. His eyes were bloodshot and his finger nails bit long, which indicated potential hard drug use. He was well spoken and charming. I googled his name after he left and came up with zero hits. Is it Yoli that is dirty and the kids are unaware or is everyone involved cognizant of the fact that Yoli scams? I idiotically wrote a check, but after googling Yoli, I arrived here and subsequently put a stop payment on the check. Hopefully, I was fast enough. I am asking for driver's licenses from now on, even though I will not purchase anything. I'd much rather help setup a scholarship fund than try to help by purchasing candy bars and in Yoli's case, overpriced magazine subscriptions.

Bo
  12th of Apr, 2010

Hi Earl Kindly. Used to? You just came by my door and tried to sell me magazines. Except that you live in Louisiana and I live in California. Is Earl Kindly a fake name? Blow the whistle if you can.

Aj
  13th of Apr, 2010

I wrote a check on 2/17/10 for $51 for a 2 yr subscription. I have yet to see my mag in the mail. I have tried over and over to call the number on my reciept and nothing not even an answering machine. I am going to attempt to fax. But I feel I have been scammed. I am a single mom and $51 is alot for me to give up for a magizine. I mean I thought that I was helping out another single mom trying to go to school. When she said she wouldn't get credit if I were to write a check but she even bought some girl scout cookies so I wanted to help her out...feel so scammed