Yoli & AssociatesRefund

1 Review updated:

I cancelled a transaction within three days of signing up to recieve a monthly magazine. It was $65.00. I then faxed, called, emailed, and mailed the required information needed to recieve a refund, and have yet to receive it!

Comments

• Sc
      Feb 13, 2009

Yoli Associates cashed my two checks for magazines subscriptions
    I ordered through their scam of " college students". I have yet to
    receive anything from them. But don't worry, Christmas comes
    every year as do the Yoli/Chapel people. This time I will have them all
    arrested as perpetrators of this scam.

Mar 26, 2009

I had someone come to my door 01/21.. Still no magazines.. I just called and was advised that it can take up to 120 days to receive my magazines. (It didn't take 120 days to cash my checks) I then asked how to get a refund and was told I had 3 days only from my purchase date.. The girl then was kind enough (with plenty of attitude) to look up my reciept to find out if it was processed. I was told it had been done on 02/20 and that I would be getting them soon. Lets wait and see...

• Ep
      Apr 01, 2009

It was new years day, everybody is trying to be nice, but this people take advantage of you, they pretend to be nice but they just push you to get to your money. Is a scam. 4 months later and they havent send me a single magazine. .. I dont mind helping institutions, of give a donation... but why use the sxcuse of magazines to get my money. This corporation should be closed!

• Th
      May 25, 2009

Today is May 25, 2009, I have just signed up for it as the black guy came to my door being very nice and claiming he is the first one in his family to go to College. I said congratulations and was happy to help him by signing up for one magazine (Reader's Digest for $30 plus $15 processing fee. I gave a check of $25 and $20 cash. He claimed that he would not get any bonus if I paid by check alone. That was a red flag there, but since I'm a nice guy I don't mind doing that for him.

Let me see how long I will get the magazine or if this is a scam as other people say here.

P.S. I don't usually trust anyone coming to my door selling something so I checked after he left. I then found this website and it looks like my instinct is right...

Jun 06, 2009

Wow ---sounds like I wrote that----I stopped payment on my check so hopefully they didn't cash it yet---he came to my house Thursday night around supper time----I can't believe I fell for this.

Jun 06, 2009
    Rhode Island

Same story as everyone else---young mild mannered black man comes to door selling magazines and books so he can get points for his college fund. This guy was good---I ususally can spot a scam in a heartbeat byt this one caught me. I did stop payment on the check after reading here and on rip-off.com so hopefully I did it in time. Beware, these people are theives and liars!!! They need to be arrested!

• Th
      Jun 10, 2009

I got my check back after I mailed AND faxed them a cancellation slip within the 3 days of signing up. The $20 cash is gone, plus the $20 stop payment fee. I spent $40 for nothing!

Another guy stopped by last Saturday but I did not open the door.

• Si
      Jul 06, 2009

i jtput a stop payment on the 35$ check i wrote on friday. i had a funny felin after the young lady left and since i live in n ifgured the company would not recieve the cancellation slip wtt 3 days alloted. i never buy from people ta do door to door, but i figured that i would be helping her. i am a single mother my son's father passed 2 years ago, 31 years old and a college student, as well as a school bus driver. i know how hard it is to be successful ncllege and i being an african american female in the and urban area i
    know that a lot of these young kids dn't have dreams or aspirations of becoming someting in life. it's too bad that it'll cost me 15$ to stop payment on that check, I just knew i should have gone with my first instinct and sent that girl packing.

• Ga
      Jul 10, 2009

I agree im also a college student myself and an afacain american and this young boy came to my house and i have to work 3 jobs in order to pay for school but i do so i felt bad and gave him 35$ on thrusaday with a check and now when i came on here im starting to think i shouldve went with my first insiscint when i thought this was some kind of scam. now im calling the company and they had not yet returned my calls.
    what should i do?

• Al
      Jul 14, 2009

Beware...They are a fraud company...A youngster came to my door asking for subscription to magazines to earn credits for his college education and I ended up writing a check of $35 for it.

• Cc
      Nov 12, 2009

Yoli needs to be in jail for using the young men and women, they need to be aware of this evil person. I will be reporting her, to the proper authority. Red flags should have been when one of the students told us Yoli said she did mine dieing, I was horrified.

Nov 23, 2009

I too have the same story as all of the above.
    I agve them a chack to a subscription so my son could get an X-Box magaizne.
    Well, almost 4 mnoths later, NOTHING.l

• 02
      Dec 10, 2009

I FEEL THAT IF YOU DO EVERY CORRECT AND THE PERSON THAT COME TO YOUR DOOR IS HONEST ENOUGH TO TURN YOUR ORDER IN THEN YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. YOU SHOULD HELP ANYBODY THAT WANT TO HELP THEMSELVES IN POSITIVE WAY MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAVE PROPER ID AND IS CLEAN LOOKING. DOOR TO DOOR IS HARD AS HELL TALKING TO 90% NEGATIVE PEOPLE THAT DONT LIKE PEOPLE COMING THAT THEY DONT LOOK AT HOW DANGERS IT IS TO GO DOOR TO DOOR. ASK YOURSELF WOULD YOU GO DOOR TO DOOR AND HONESTLY SELL TO SUPPORT YOUR 4 KIDS AND YOU GOT HATERS THAT HAVE WRITE LITTLE BLOGS THAT MAKE HARDER FOR THOSE THAT ARE DOING THE WRITE THING OTHER THAN SELLING DRUGS.I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING THESE YOUNG PEOPLE FOR YEARS AND EVERY YEAR I HAVE BEEN GETTING EXACTLY WHAT I ORDER IF YOU MAKE SURE YOUR ORDER IS RIGHT THEN YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANTED AS I FATHER WHO DONT HAVE MONEY TO WASTE OR LOSE I DO LOVE TO SEE SOMEONE WORKING TO BETTER THEMSELVES THATS MY REASONS TO HELP EVERY YEAR THATS MAYBE WHY I GET WHAT I ORDER BECAUSE I HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING

• Ct
      Jan 07, 2010

I WISH I HAD CHECKED THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I GAVE MY CHECK FOR $73.00 TO "JOEL VELEZ" CODE "025". IT'S FUNNY...THE ONLY PERSON DEFENDING THE SCAM IS THIS 025 PERSON.
    MR. VELEZ, IF YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING, WHERE THE HELL IS THE ONE BOOK I ORDERED ON JULY 10TH, 2009????

• St
      Feb 01, 2010

Here is the problem, many of the young people who come to your door are honest and really believe that they are providing a service and will get money for college. I would love to talk to them and see if Yoli upheld their end of the college tuition deal. I don't think they realize that the company does not actually process the orders. And for those who make it point to point out that the person coming to their doors were "black" or "African American", crooks come in all races. The company is not owned by blacks. Now what?

• Am
      Feb 06, 2010

I just gave $59 cash to a guy pullin this same thing. His code was 025 as well! I think its universal. Im super upset bc I trusted this person... only to find out now that there are tons of people who got scammed by these people!! I wont buy anything from anyone again bc of this experience!

• Ea
      Apr 06, 2010

Yoil is a scam if they come to your door call the cops they are all fakes how i know cause i use to work for them..

Apr 12, 2010

One guy just swung by my place. He looked respectable for the most part. His eyes were bloodshot and his finger nails bit long, which indicated potential hard drug use. He was well spoken and charming. I googled his name after he left and came up with zero hits. Is it Yoli that is dirty and the kids are unaware or is everyone involved cognizant of the fact that Yoli scams? I idiotically wrote a check, but after googling Yoli, I arrived here and subsequently put a stop payment on the check. Hopefully, I was fast enough. I am asking for driver's licenses from now on, even though I will not purchase anything. I'd much rather help setup a scholarship fund than try to help by purchasing candy bars and in Yoli's case, overpriced magazine subscriptions.

Apr 12, 2010

Hi Earl Kindly. Used to? You just came by my door and tried to sell me magazines. Except that you live in Louisiana and I live in California. Is Earl Kindly a fake name? Blow the whistle if you can.

• Aj
      Apr 13, 2010

I wrote a check on 2/17/10 for $51 for a 2 yr subscription. I have yet to see my mag in the mail. I have tried over and over to call the number on my reciept and nothing not even an answering machine. I am going to attempt to fax. But I feel I have been scammed. I am a single mom and $51 is alot for me to give up for a magizine. I mean I thought that I was helping out another single mom trying to go to school. When she said she wouldn't get credit if I were to write a check but she even bought some girl scout cookies so I wanted to help her out...feel so scammed

• Sh
      May 14, 2010
    613 Franklin Street
    Michigan City
    Indiana
    Phone: [protected]

I order Turtle books through Yoli & Associates of Michigan City, Indiana back in November 2009 and have yet to receive anything from them. After speaking to a customer service representative named Scott in May of 2010 he assured me the publisher had been sending the magazines with no complaints. I checked with my local post office and there were no returned magazines. By the way, I've been receiving mail at my current address for 3 years with no complaints. Again, I spoke with Scott and he contacted the publisher. They are supposed to extend my subscription free of charge for 3 months and will track the next magazine sent. Can't wait to see what happens next. In the meantime, I'd suggest contacting local authorities in the town you bought subscriptions through and contacting the better business bureau to report the scams.

• Ea
      Jun 07, 2010

the whole magazine deal is not a scam...is just that most people dont turn in the orders so therefore you do not ge ta magazine...this is what makes it so hard for others to get out and make a sale, even though i dont do it anymore because it became so irritating. If you dont make enough sales for a day you get nothing besides some jacked up attitude from the owner and her husband.

Jun 07, 2010

When did you stop working for Yoli and is your name really Earl Kindley? If not, why are you using that name?
    Sales people not turning in their orders is a bit strange, particularly if the owner pushes sales hard. So what are you saying sales people do, submit the checks for cashing and not the order? If so, the accounting practices of Yoli are jacked and it screams for an audit.

Jun 07, 2010

Earl Kindley? From Louisiana? From Georgia? From Illinois? Which one? My receipt from two days ago was from Earl Kindley... This is sad - good, honest people, who thought they were doing something good for someone getting taken like this.

• Gr
      Aug 25, 2010

well i actually used to work for yoli and associates myself and tho it may not be a school based organization its something to help ppl get on their feet, yes i do agree that its unfair in the sales pitch we use, but honestly would u guys help if we say we`re going door to door because we`re lost in our lives and right now this is a good experience for us to see the world and at least get our minds right?? i saved alotta money from having u guys back me up and i was able to go to school and i graduated..and the points are real! when u earn the points u get the money towards wateva ur goal is...so onbehalf of ppl that goes door to door i want to apologize for the mis leading but you are helpin us out more than u think and u not gettin ur magz isnt us its the company

Aug 25, 2010

If you work for the company, you are the company. This company needs to be shut down. Anyone and everyone who has not received your magazines, please report them to the Better Business Bureau. Post Yoli as a scam to your Facebook, MySpace, Tribe or 'whatever social network you are a part of' page. Tweet them as crooks.

If you work for them: stop. Selling crack may help you get on your feet by putting cash in your hand, but it does not mean it is praiseworthy or that it does not damage society. You are as good as the people who surround you. Sack up, find a better crew and bring your coworkers with you.

• Ny
      Sep 02, 2010

just had yoli and their sellers in my neighborhood. young black man tried to sell to me. i felt sorry for him. it was hot and he was sweaty in his shirt and tie. i asked him all sorts of questions related to his "college" and got past his facade. he admitted that he was just selling to make a commision. and that was when i gave him the check. i should've gone into the house for 5 minutes and googled yoli.

my neighbor from the next block came down and told me that another associate had spit in his face when he refused to buy. the neighbor then called the cops. that's what i'll be doing next time. and, yes, the other guy was black too. you guys are definitely not doing black people any favors. congratulations on furthering the stereotype that black people are criminals!

Oct 01, 2010
    New Jersey

This is a big scam. I had a feeling and should have just slammed the door on the sales reps who rang my door bell. Paid for the magazine but never received them. Stay Away from them.

Jan 09, 2011

look every body its not the company its the people that come by your door they keep your money i know because i sell them and if you say u wanna help then u have they option to donate them so this is just a job really a second chance to be great and sucessfull like yall one day i know its my job and wat i thell they people im working to do is true cause program tell us to be honest and just from getting rasied by a good mother i know to do things honestly anyway no body has to tell me that im grown im 23 years old so if i stop by your door just off my convasation you go know im serious cause i wanna do something i havent heard anybody doing and i ant going to college or graduated college im just doing my job so i can be a assett to society not a liability to your good hard earn tax dollas now u gotta feel that am i right i know i am so its not they company cause have knocked on doors and knocked on one friday and alady helped me out cause see said she told they last man that she didnt get her magazines for her kids and she spent $350.00 but she trusted him again and guess wat she told me... she getting now and she spent the same thing wit him and guess wat she spent hat same thing wit me cause she re newed them so its coming from me its not they copmany it was the agent...hope i cleared it up since noboby eles was smart enough to at least speak on behalf of they company but i will cause i love they people i work for and i love the people i meet and help me cause they got wat im working for and they understand y im out here grindin to get cause u gotta give faith a fighting chance!!!do all thins through jesus christ and you will suceed!!!

May 03, 2011

I just wrote a check to this company because the young man was so nice and seemed like he honestly wanted to make a better life for himself. Does anyone know where the money goes? Will they use the info on your check to acquire additional funds? I really was hesitant but I did it anyway. Anyone know answers to any of these questions?

• Ru
      Jun 21, 2011

Yoli & associates should be made to close their doors, these people are nothing but a bunch of rip-off artist. I orderd magazines and never received them, I've called their office in Morgan City, Ind. twice, and each time they hang up when I ask about my order. They should all go to jail.

• Po
      Aug 21, 2011

I hope everyone on here realize that it is WHITE kids who does this as well, as far as going door to door selling magazines for school, just not the same bad reviews. Is it because they TURN their order's in & the BLACK kids don't, or is it the "CHARITY" for the BLACK kids is only for as long as they are at your door!!! I am sorry, but everyone on here that says they were "scammed" are STUPID! & they are blaming "BLACK" kids for their own stupidity. Ask for an I.D & a reciept, make sure the person sign's the same name on his/her I.D onto the receipt, & you'll get your books or magazines... Dumb ###!!!

• Po
      Aug 21, 2011

A bunch of RACIST, STUPID, WHITE ppl, mad because they are STUPID, & want to blame BLACK kids for their own STUPIDITY!!! Ask for I.D & a receipt. Make sure the name that's on the I.D is the same on the reciept. & you'll save yourself from being a STUPID, RACIST, ###!!!

• At
      Aug 25, 2011

Yoli and associates needs to be closed! She puts her hands on the agents and she is super ghetto. REPORT HER! HER NAMEIS YOLANDA RIVERA AND HER MAIDEN NAME IS JACKSON. HE'SS MARRIED TO A LITTLE SHORT FAT PUERTO RICAN NAME LOUIS. SHE RESIDES IN SLIDELL, LOUISIANA.

• Ro
      May 29, 2012
    New York

i bought magazines from a representative from Yoli & Associates back in July 2011. I have never received any issues of the magazine I ordered. The magazine title is American Legacy. Beware when ordering fro this company.