Yodle / credit card charges after account closed &Deceptive Sales Practices

IA, United States Review updated:

this company is one you need to avoid at all costs!!! they were calling me for about 6 months and i kept telling them, "NO!!!" !
on Jan 24, 2013 . After a very slick sales presentation and very lofty promises From there sales rep Cory, I decided to try them for 30 days, I wasn't able to get into the sight for about 6 days and when i did, I WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!! When i called them i would spend 30 minutes or more on hold where a message would say i was the next call to be answered and it would disconnect the call!!!
WHEN I DID GET THROUGH, i ASKED TO SPEAK TO CORY, my sales person and i would be sent to a manager and they would give me a dozen reasons why he was unable to take my call. when i agreed to try this company they wanted me to by 6 months worth up front and i told them, NO WAY. they promised to have calls coming in very quickly but after i tried to talk with the sales rep Cory again there story changed drastically !! they changed the story to and i quote, " you wont see any calls for the first 60 days, AND THAT'S NOT WHAT I AGREED TO !! Why would I pay a company 159.00 a month and get ( 0 ) results???? and then repeat that for a 2nd month ??? I kept getting the run around and was finally told that Cory was only the sales rep and after the sell he was no longer involved in any way with the account. after attempting to call and never talking with a person directly, I went on line to there Customer care page and sent them and E-mail stating that as of the 23 Feb., 2013 i would not be renewing this service and to make it crystal clear, " as of 23 Feb, 2013 I wish to TERMINATE YOUR SERVICES AND WILL NOT BE RENEWED ON THE 24 OF FEB 2013!!! i ALSO LEFT THEM A MESSAGE on there customer service phone line, "BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET THROUGH TO A LIVE PERSON. BEFORE BEING DISCONNECTED!!!
I called back on Monday the 25 of Feb. and after 35 minutes and being disconnected 5 times i finally got through to a costumer service operate and when i told that person that i had sent an e-mail and left them a message that i had terminated there services and that they were not to renew this service or deduct any more funds from my account, he told me that i had to speak with a manager before i could terminate the service. At this point i was starting to get angry . told him that i could terminate this service at any time per my conversations with the sales rep, Cory and that i had recorded the entire conversation from start to finish. then he told me that the manager would call me, IT WAS A 1 MONTH AGREEMENT THAT COULD BE TERMINATED AT ANYTIME I CHOSE; i again informed him that i had recorded the entire conversation and he mad the comment, " we record them too!!" I hope they did ! I know that they recorded the agreement part and i hope they got all of it because i recorded it from the first hello to the last goodbye
when the manager called me back she was very rude and stopped short of calling me an idiot for stopping this service before the 60 day point. I made it clear that i had left them a voice message and sent them and e-mail through there customer care service that there services were terminated and WOULD NOT BE RENEWED FOR A 2ND MONTH!!! She made the comment that I had payed them 159.00 for nothing and I stated back to her, ( I AGREE IT WAS A WAIST !!!) AFTER A FEW MORE MINUTES OF THIS B.S. I made it clear that i was not going to renew anything and as of the 23 of Feb. there services were TERMINATED AND THAT NO FURTHER DEDUCTIONS ARE TO BE TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT . SHE STATED THAT THE ACCOUNT WOULD BE CLOSED AT MY REQUEST.!!!.
i HAD WENT TO MY BANK ON THE 23 FEB to ensure that no further funds had been removed and as of the 23 Feb. none had.
After thinking about how rude and disrespectful this manager was i thought about our conversation and something about the way she said you paid us 169.00 for nothing, bothered me so i went to my bank and had my banker Joe pull up my account and sure as hell they had deducted a 2nd months payment out of my account!!! I sat down with Joe and called there customer care line and 47 minutes and 8 disconnected calls later i was able to talk with a young man and i told him that they had removed the money from my account and that it needed to be replaced today. then he stated that i had violated my service agreement to give them 30 days notice before terminating the contract., NOW IM MAD AS HELL !!! I INFORMED HIM THAT THE CONTRACT WAS FOR A MONTH AND THERE WAS NO 30 DAY NOTICE AGREEMENT !!! HE SAID HE WOULD FORWARD THE ACCOUNT FOR REVIEW AND IT WOULD TAKE 3 TO 5 DAYS TO MAKE A DECISION . I INFORMED HIM THAT HE COULD DO WHATEVER HE NEEDS TO BUT I HAVE MY BANKER SITTING WITH ME AND LISTENING TO EVERYTHING. !!!
After hanging up i had my banker Joe file a dispute for me on this charge. I am also filing a complaint with the BBB and the
Attorney Generals office with the state of Iowa.
WHAT REALLY MAKES ME ANGRY IS THAT MOST OF THESE PEOPLE WHO USE THIS TYPE OF SERVICE ARE LOOKING TO PROMOTE A SMALL BUSINESS AND THEY BUST THERE ### TO TO DO A GOOD JOB AND BUILD A GOOD REPUTATION.
THEY BUDGET FOR EVERYTHING JUST TO BE RIPPED OFF BY SCAMS AND CON ARTISTS LIKE THIS LIKE THIS !!! AND IN MY OPINON DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY AT ALL!
Sorry for going into such detail on this BUT THEY PISSED ME OFF!!
Paul they

Pa
Feb 26, 2013

Comments

• Pa
      Feb 27, 2013

my name is Paul, I wrote the above comment about Yodle and at the very end i put, " Paul they" the word they was not suppose to be there . i was over writing a more graphic sentence and i didn't get that word deleted. sorry.
    Paul Allen