YMAX Corp / Horrible customer service
Something to be aware of if you are thinking about buying a MagicJack. I haven't had any problems using it on an Intel-Based Mac. However, I just ordered my fifth one (the other 4 were for friends out of the country) and the company mixed up my shipping address.
I have heard rumours that their customer service is bad. Actually, it is horrible. You cannot speak with anyone. Everything is done by live chat. They are not trained to handle anything outside of the manual they read from. They cannot form proper English sentences. They do not go out of their way to make things right for the end user. A few days ago I discovered my order was sent to the wrong address and it has been a nightmare trying to get it fixed.
From what I understand, they went from selling a few hundred per day to 8000 per day. Unfortunately, they don't seem equipped to handle the administrative side of the business.
There are a lot of complaints with this company, which is owned by http://www.ymaxcorp.com/. You can google "ymax and complaints". Most of the problems are customer service. I suspect they will face a class-action lawsuit in the future to straighten them out.
My advice if you order... Make sure everything is correct with all ordering details. If you have a problem be prepared for a long battle getting it resolve. On the other hand, the four previous orders arrived perfectly. From a hardware/software point of view, you have an occasional echo, service interruptions, no Mac technical support (still in beta), etc... But, most of the time, it simply works well. My friends in Europe saved thousands of dollars already so they are happy.
The product works, customer service does not.
More YMAX Corp Complaints & Reviews
- Ymax Communications Corp - Illegal harassment 
- Ymax Communications Corporation - Fraud and rip off! 
- Ymax Communications Corp - Scam for money 
- Ymax / MagicJack - Scammed by MagicJack 
- Ymax Communications - Ymax 
- Ymax Communications Corporation - saying I have four pending legal issues
- Ymax Communications Corporation - fraud sexual abuse call
- Ymax Communications Corporation - phone calls 
- YMAX Communications Corp. - WA - irs impersonation
- YMAX Corp - Scam artist