Ygnition Networks / ridiculous rates, unexplained increases

1 Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:

This company is monopolizing Internet/Cable rates for the apartment complex where my son lives. We began service in July 2010 at a given rate. Now, 3 months later, the rates have increased by almost $20 a month. When I telephoned, I was told I signed up under a bundle discount package that only lasted three months. I asked to see that in writing because I was NEVER told this was a 3-month deal. I have every single statemnent, etc. and it does not say ANYWHERE this was some 3-month deal! They responded by saying it is written in the notes from when I signed up. I asked how it got into the notes and was told the employeee that helped me had written the notes.

My son, in a very small 1-bedroom apartment is now paying as much for basic cable and Internet as my husband and I pay for expanded cable, high-speed Internet, and telephone through our provider (in an 1800 square foot house)!!! That is ridiculous!!! I have contacted other Internet providers, but it appears the apartment complex has a contract with Ygnition. As a result, Ygnition is taking advantage of college students by continually increasing rates, knowing Internet is a necessity at the University level and knowing they are the sole providers for this complex. I thought the FCC outlawed this type of behavior?

So, my question now is: Who is pocketing from all this? Obviously Ygnition is...but is the apartment complex also receiving a kickback at students' expense? This is illegal! My next two emails are to the FCC and the BBB. Word of advice to other prospective customers: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Comments

• Am
      9th of Nov, 2010

Good afternoon,

My name is Amber and I am with the Ygnition Cares Team. My goal is to discuss any issues that you may be currently experiencing or have experienced in the past and help connect you with the proper Ygnition department to get these issues resolved. Ideally, we would like to be able to come up with a solution that works for you and help you become a satisfied customer again. We understand though, that you may have had unsatisfactory experiences and may be very frustrated. We truly want to work with you to discuss these issues so that you know that your voice is being heard. We also may already have solutions for you to several of the complaints that I have seen in this forum.
    Please let us know how we can assist you.
    -Amber C.