Ygnition$40/month dialup

1 Review updated:

Recently moved to The Collonnade at Willow Bend in Plano, TX and got stuck using Ygnition which claims "Ygnition broadband is superior to conventional Cable Company and Telephone Company DSL "

As of right now, (as is typical for this company) I have a download speed of 18k. Yes that is right, I could get a better download speed using dialup.

Basically this company is the only option for internet access for several apartment complexes in the DFW area (and many others). They charge a price on the level of the DSL and Cable internet provides and provide a barely functional product.

Comments

•   Sep 09, 2008
    Ygnition - Stay away
    ygnition.com

I am very upset with this company. They have no specific rate and one month mine is such and such and the next month around fifteen dollars more with no explanation. It does SUCK what can you do about it when your apt. has a contract with them. I hate it. They charge twenty dollars for a dvr where direct TV charges only five dollar for each.

I wish there was someway they could more competitive and stop being a market hog on the prices. It's ridiculous... *** Big time . Let’s ship this company out of the United States. Right.

• Fw
      Mar 24, 2009

fyi the FCC ruled monopoly contracts illegal 2 falls ago-go to the FCC website and file a complaint

• Fw
      Mar 24, 2009

contact the FCC on their web page to file a complaint. The FCC ruled such contracts forcing you to use only them illegal 2 falls back

• Mo
      May 18, 2010
    Ygnition - Worst provider ever
    Ygnition

I was unfortunate enough to move into an apartment complex where Ygnition was the contracted internet and cable provider. Soon after signing up we noticed that our bill more than doubled. Upon inquiry we were told that the somewhat high, yet nonetheless reasonable, price we were initially quoted was in fact, a promotion. As of now we pay $92 for internet and channels 4, 5, 8, 11 and 13. We actually get more channels with a dvr box. Of all my friends, the one with the highest bill pays $110 a month, from Time Warner, which includes phone, internet, all channels, including showtime and HBO. We were quoted a figure near $200 for what every other company considers "basic cable".

• Ju
      May 21, 2010
    Ygnition - Horrendous customer service
    Ygnition

I am stuck using Ygnition at an apartment complex in San Diego, CA. I have subscribed to a number of cable providers, but this is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Service is absolutely appalling. I frequently lose cable service on nights and weekends (when many people watch TV) and of course, they do not have customer service on nights or weekends. DISH network, who's service they hijack and mark-up for you, is unable to help with service because this useless middle man company has to be the main contact. Stay away at all costs from Ygnition unless you are a fan of aggravation and frustration.

• Du
      Sep 10, 2010
    Ygnition - Bunch of crooks
    Ygnition

When I went to cancel my service, they still charged me for the ENTIRE month. Nicole from Ygnition stated "you have to give 30 days notice in order for us to pro-rate the bill". That is bull *** because they give no notice of such requirement. I get billed automatically... not once did any of these crooks inform me of the 30 day notice requirement.

Please bring a class action suit, I'll help... It is not the money, its the concept that they know it is not worth it for any INDIVIDUAL to bring suit. Nonetheless, a class action will be worth it.

Good evening,
    My name is Amber and I am with the Ygnition Cares Team. My goal is to discuss any issues that you may be currently experiencing or have experienced in the past and help connect you with the proper Ygnition department to get these issues resolved. Ideally, we would like to be able to come up with a solution that works for you and help you become a satisfied customer again. We understand though, that you may have had unsatisfactory experiences and may be very frustrated. We truly want to work with you to discuss these issues so that you know that your voice is being heard. We also may already have solutions for you to several of the complaints that I have seen in this forum.

• St
      Mar 23, 2011

I don’t like Ygnition’s practices either. Do something about it. Complain to your local attorney general’s office. Wright a short 2-3 paragraph description of how you felt you were cheated or defrauded. Enclose any supporting documents. Credit card receipts, bills, letters or whatever else backs up your allegations. It’s very important to follow KISS when weighting your letter. KISS = Keep it simple stupid.

If you feel like a captive customer address that to the AG’s office. If you feel that the apartment complex is being unfair by forcing you to use Ygniton address that as well. It should be a free enterprise market. I you feel the apartment or HOA is somewhat at fault for creating captive customers and allowing the customers to be treated unfairly let the AG know. If I had a choice I would not be using Ygniton.

Send your letter via USPS to your states attorney general address it to him or her by name. It would probably be good form to CC in your apartment complexes head office or HOA. You might want to google and find out who else has authority over Ygnition in your local state. Then readdress the same letter to them. Some thoughts are the FCC, FTC, SEC, and your local cable franchise. Readdress the short and simple letter to them and send it off. Don’t forget the BBB they don’t have teeth but they can give a company a poor rating. This might encourage your local community to allow other competitors to service you. I wish you all the best of luck.

• Su
      Sep 07, 2011
    Ygnition - Bunch of crooks

Worst satellite/cable company out there, they have a monopoly in my complex with no other choice, when my lease is up, the main reason for leaving is YGNITION, what a way for the complex to lose great tenants, neigbor is on board as well, MAKE SURE you as the management company if YGNITION is a provider if so RUN as fast as you can and dont look back, YGNITION is BAD BAD BAD