YewCats Cattery / Animal neglect

1 PO Box 126Bonsall CA 92003, United States Review updated:
Phone: (760)-758-0739

Do not purchase from yewcats. Marie sent a picture of a kitten to me via email that I was looking for. The picture was amazing, healthy and beautiful. I sent the deposit and we made travel arrangements. I was to drive 6 hours there to meet at her designated location. She sent me scanned vet check the day before departure. Got to location and she called 90 minutes before our appointment to tell me "you didn't leave yet did you? I have another kitty for you." I said what about the 1 I wanted? She informed me that suddenly the kitten did not eat for the past 24 hours (she was at the vet 48 hrs ago) and could not/would not place her with me. She arrived to offer me a HALF STARVED male kitten, missing hair, (I have pictures and vet record). To beat all, it was not the same style of Siamese I wanted! He was so sickly my husband and I couldn't leave him, we felt HORRIBLE. So I have filed complaints and working to be heard. This lady is not nice to her kittens! He wouldn't touch the food she said she fed him. I offered new food and he ate like no tomorrow. Regardless, DO NOT purchase kittens from her. Look at pictures. 1st is the kitty she offered I paid the deposit for. The 2nd is of the kitty i paid 600 to rescue basically. The third picture is him 4 days later after food and vet visit.

St
Jul 1, 2014

Comments

• Ba
      8th of Apr, 2015

Heart breaking. We had them on our list of possible Siamese adoption breeders. We have encountered this before and it is disgraceful to the extreme. The entire West is just filled with scummy breeders. I have always adopted beautiful, healthy Siamese kittens while living in Boston/Cambridge area. Since moving out here in Colorado (we renamed it Stubbville) we have seen one trashy breeder after another. They are not fit to be breeding even cockroaches. Thank you for confirming our suspicions.

• Ze
      22nd of Aug, 2017

I just found this site, and read this complaint...and I feel I would like to describe my experience buying a kitten from Marie of Yewcats. My husband and I purchased a Lilac Pt Siamese kitten from Marie a little over 6 mos. ago, and she kept us updated on the kitten until she was ready to come home with us. We met Marie and our kitten, and she was healthy, affectionate, and even more beautiful than the photos. Marie gave us the food, paperwork, health information, and her vet's name. The first visit at her vet is free. Marie has always been fairly easy to reach if we have any questions. Our experience was very good, and if we decide we want another Siamese kitten, we plan to return to Marie. Lilac Points that are show quality are not easy to find, and especially ones that are fairly priced. We couldn't be happier! I hope the lady that had the unhappy experience has worked out her difficulties with Marie. I felt that she was fair and easy to deal with. I guess it just depends on how people work together...some can and some won't. I have included photos of my kitten soon after we got her, a couple months ago, and a few days ago. I think she is gorgeous!

• Pa
      14th of Sep, 2017

@Zea Hello Zea. I have exchanged emails with Marie regarding a flame point Himalayan. I am very concerned with some of the complaints I have read and am now nervous about purchasing a kitten from her. My question to you is... did you pick up the kitten from her home or from a parking lot? I am curious as to the conditions of her home and the rest of the cats she owns. Marie said she would meet me half way as her home was difficult to locate. I would prefer to pick up the kitten from her home so that I may meet the momma cat.
    Patricia in Los Angeles

• Cl
      18th of Oct, 2017

@Patricia Carriere Hi Patricia,
    I was wondering how your transaction with Marie went. I am also inquiring about some himalayan kittens from her. Did you end up buying from her? If so, how was your experience? I would appreciate any information or tips you might have.

Best,
    A worried client

• Sd
      14th of Sep, 2017

Hi, I did meet her about half way to my home, I live about 20 miles from Temecula. She was with her son, who drove her. She did say her home was difficult to find, on a long private road and gated. She said when she and her husband built it over 30 years ago, it was surrounded by avocado groves and citrus groves in north San Diego county. She is elderly, and since her husband passed, she said only her son and the hired person who helps her keep everything clean, are there to help her. The kitties are her life. I am guessing she doesn't want to feel vulnerable when strangers come to her home. I can understand that. I used to breed puppies, and you do get some strange people in your home, not to mention sometimes children that break things or trample your flower beds! Anyway, all I can say is that I am very happy with my kitty, and I appreciated her coming half way to meet me. I bet if I had asked to see the mom kitty, she probably would have brought her with the kitten for me to see. You might ask her! Best of luck to you.

• Ji
      25th of Sep, 2017

We adopted a kitten from Marie probably 6 years ago. Our kitten was a bit older, I think 4 months, when we got her. She told me that she had kept her because she liked this little girl a lot, and I suspect that she had gotten lots of attention. We met her in a parking lot in San Juan Capistrano, which I thought was very weird. She told me that she was in an area that was hard to find her house. I have bought many puppies from breeders, and have always gone to their homes (some of which have been a bit challenging to find), seen their other dogs and any other puppies they had and parents that were on site; this was the first cat I was buying from a breeder. We had emailed quite a bit before meeting in SJC. Her husband drove her, our kitten was in a cardboard carrier (I thought it was very weird that she wasn't in a better, safer type of carrier) in the back seat of their car; she had me get in the backseat and then open the carrier. This little girl was and is personality plus and super confident, and was purring in the carrier/box and kept purring when I picked her up. I fell in love with her, but in handling her she felt very dirty, definitely hadn't been bathed before bringing her to me. When I mentioned that I would give her a bath after I had gotten her home she asked me why I would bathe her, and looked surprised. She has turned out to be an amazing cat, but I suspect that this might not be the norm for this breeder. If I bought from her again I would not agree to meet her in a parking lot!

19th of Oct, 2018

Ummm...the first picture of "your" cat is another lie from her because that is the EXACT picture of MY little girl I bought from her 5 years ago!

• So
      25th of Oct, 2018

Hi I am confused with the thread of this neglect...if the picture above is your cat, the person complaining is saying that is his cat after he revived the cat? So he is not being truthful? Sorry I am having a hard time understanding...

25th of Oct, 2018

@SO$ What happened is the lady who sold us kittens sent us BOTH the same picture of the same kitten before selling them to us. She lied to us about the kitten we were getting since she sent us both the same pic of "our" cat before we received our actual kitten...