Yes Loans / Aggressive phone calls

1 Tinten House, William Bown Close, Llantarnam, Cwymbran, NP44United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 08453440772

I have had a few calls from this company, but the last two upset me. The first one was yesterday lunchtime, and I asked them what they were ringing about, as I'd never heard of them, and how had they got my number. I was told that they were financial advisors and that I was entitled to a refund. Thay claim to have got my number from a "fruit survey". I told them I did not require their services, that I was registered with the TPS and not to call me again. They hung up. I have never done a fruit survey, and I object to being lied to! The second call came in the evening, and I asked why were they calling, and they replied it was about a refund, to which I replied that I had already requested they dont call me again, and how did they get my number, the reply to which was "the Ministry of Finance" passed your details to us! I said that I was registered with the TPS so they should not be calling me, to which they replied, "it only applies to sales people, and as were are not sales people, we are allowed to call you!" I was a bit concerned at the guy's tone, so I said I was'nt happy with what he was telling me, and I did'nt want them phoning me, and he raised his voice over mine and said " Why dont you just be quiet and listen? Do you know what we actually do? Do you know about our services?" I said I wanted to be put through to customer services, and he hung up? I did 1471 to obtain their number, and called them back, and a man answered, and I requested to speak to a member of management, and was told none were available, so I requested the most senior member of staff, to be told there was no one, and was I a customer, to which I replied no, but I've had an aggressive phone call and I want to complain, to which he replied, unless I was a customer, no one could help me, and I said I dont believe that, the phonecalls were unsolicited, and he told me to shut up, and if I raised my voice again, he would cut me off! I cannot belive they are allowed to ring people up and talk to them in this way? I have sent a complaint to the TPS, but I really feel they should be investigated, because what if they ring up someone elderly or vunerable?

Comments

• Tw
      17th of Jun, 2011

If they ring you again i suggest blowing something very loudly down the phone eg a whislte, or putting the phone to one side and letting them run up a bill, or if they call you again inform them any more phonecalls will be reported to both the police and trading standards for harrasement.

• Ni
      17th of Jun, 2011

I thought of that, but is'nt that dangerous? Can I get in trouble for that? I was thinking of reporting them to the police, but what would I say? I think Trading Standards may be the way to go though, I didnt think of that, because they are blatantly lying about how they got my details and ignoring my request to remove me from their list! I have a feeling they are responsible for the many silent calls I'd been getting prior to this! Thanks TwinkleTinkle! By the way, it is free to post on this site, isnt it? I want to let as many people know about Yes Loans, as I googled them and discovered they are actually a loan broker who try and get your bank details, then take a loan arrangement fee even if you dont agree to using their services...sounds like a scam to me!

• Ni
      17th of Jun, 2011

Actually, I'm smiling at the thought of and air horn JazzCat23!

• Tw
      17th of Jun, 2011

Well you sound like you have common sense so they are not going to get any details from you but its the vunerable people that they manage to con and so i do suggest a phone call to trading standards to voice your concerns on this company. They will then ask you to keep a diary of the contact with this company and they can be done for harassment.