Yes! Communities

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 by

false eviction, discrimination

My mother is disabled she gets paid on the 3rd of every month so of course we are charged a late fee every month this month we received an eviction notice because our site manager is tired of us being late even though it has been explained to him that we get paid after the first. They would not except the rent until the late fee is provided so when so we had to wait until I got paid to provide the late fee which was only $25 I provided the rent and late fee but was still told to come and get payment because I was sent to eviction I have an elderly mother and 3 younger kids I can not afford to be evicted or move and I don't want an eviction on my background all I wanna do is pay my rent please help me. There was a sign on the rent drop box that explained as of Friday if you were turning in your rent it would be a $75 dollar late which I had but the manager said that the note only applied to certain people which was a lie because it was on display for everyone to see they also had a note up for the 5th with a late fee of $25 and the 10th with a late fee of $50

Yes! Communities

YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Aug 14, 2017
Thank you for your post. What community do you reside in? We need more information in order to be able to look into these concerns and work to find the proper resolution.
YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Aug 15, 2017
We were able to locate you as a resident of Hidden Oaks. Per company policy and procedures the eviction can be suspended if you pay the August balance in full including late fees and attorney fees. However you will also be required to agree to and abide by a payment plan in regards to timely future payments. Please note that late fees are not incurred until the 5th of the month, so even if you get paid on the 3rd of the month, you would have two days to pay your rent in full before you would get your first late fee, another late fee is added to any accounts past due after the 10th of the month.The community must enforce all policies and procedures, such as late fees and eviction processes, the same with all residents per Fair Housing, they cannot make exceptions or special arrangements for any residents.
YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Aug 15, 2017
Since your lease term began in November 2016 you have paid after the 10th of the month 4 times and after the 5th of the month 2 times, out of the ten months you have resided within the community you have paid rent late 6 total times. If you wish to remain in the home you will need to pay the full August balance, with late fees and attorneys fees because the eviction was filed in accordance with our policies and procedures and the legal system.
Updated by Lot 507, Aug 15, 2017
I get paid the 2nd week of every month I will always pay like that but I pay and I pay my late fees with no problem
Updated by Lot 507, Aug 15, 2017
This is what I'm talking about with the site manager I can't help the way I get paid so because I can't pay when you guys want me too you evict me even though I pay my rent every month I have explained this over and over once upon move in and again in February I get paid the second week of every month I pay my rent every month plus late fee with no problem I don't understand the reason why you have a late fee policy if you don't abide by it you can't force me to do something I can't do I can only pay when I get paid which is normally around the 8th of each month I'm a hard worker and I don't deserve this I will just have to fight this
YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Aug 15, 2017
In your original post you said you get paid on the 3rd of the month which would give you two days to pay your rent in full before you would incur a late fee. Due to Fair Housing all residents must abide by the same rules and regulations, rent is due on the 5th or you incur a late fee, if rent isn't paid by the 10th of the month you get another late fee, evictions can be filed on any account with a past due balance. The community cannot allow you to pay rent late each and every month when all other residents are required to pay their rent in accordance with our policies and procedures. There is nothing more to discuss with this matter, when you signed the lease you were well aware of the payment policies and schedules.
Updated by Lot 507, Aug 15, 2017
Correct due to how I get paid you can clearly see out of those 8 months 6 of those months I paid like that due to how I get paid every month
My mother get paid on the 3rd and we split rent every month
She has other bills too
Updated by Lot 507, Aug 15, 2017
I don't have a past due balance
Updated by Lot 507, Aug 15, 2017
I also pay according to policy and procedure because I include my late fee every time I pay
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Landlords

Comments

N  17th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
I know what you mean I live in the Denton Texas Ashli oaks community and even though I have auto draft on the 5th every month like clock work I get a 3 day notice.
N  24th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
have your mom pay all the rent and you pay her back there problem solved

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree