Yelp.com / yelp &algorithm& filters out 95% reviews
We had 5 great reviews (No bad) on yelp. Sure enough, they contacted us to buy advertising. While we were speaking, I looked online and all but one of our company reviews had disappeared. When I asked the salesman about it, he explained that they have an "algorithm" that filters out infrequent reviewers. When I pushed him for a better explanation he said, "5% of people make the decisions for the other 95% everyday, we use the same principle."
I told him that I was personally a yelp member but only did reviews about 4x/yr - when a company was outstanding or if they really sucked. He responded that only I could see my reviews, but others couldn't because i'm not a frequent reviewer. That was it for me. This company operates on principles that are completely unpalatable. All our reviews eventually have disappeared. No loss, we have never received a new customer from yelp anyway. And I let my personal account go inactive.
More Yelp.com Complaints & Reviews
- Yelp.com - online scam 
- Yelp.com - closed my account for no reason 
- Yelp - uinethical business practices 
- Yelp - rude salespeople 
- Yelp.com - yelp is extorting business owners 
- Biz.yelp.com - I can't believe how unethical this site is for business owners 
- Yelp.com - misrepresenting and cheating 
- Yelp.com - yelp is more about the reviewer than the business being reviewed 
- Yelp.com - false advertising 
- Yelp.com - yelp is a complete rip off