Yellowstone Watch Company / Never again

I sent my Seiko watch to an online company called "Yellowstone Watch" repair in December of 2006. My watch was sent in for a simple capacitor (sp?) replacement, or so I was told. The repair should have only taken 2-3 days, per the company's advertisement.

What follows is a odyssey of the worst proportions.

After waiting for ten days, I called for three days to check on the watch, and only received voice mail each time, and left a message to call me back, as the watch was overdue. I then tried emailing. No replies after two days of emailing.

Finally, I called and left one last voice mail message stating how upset I was that my watch had been at the facility for three weeks, and no one would return my phone calls. This time I spoke to owner's wife. She said that the owner would call me back later that day, and that he was out shopping??!.

And then the owner, Mr. Kotiski (some Polish name), called me and began yelling at me, and threatening to sue me. I could not believe he was mad at me! I demanded that my watch be sent back.

I received the watch back after one month, and sent it to another repair shop that I found on the internet, and was told that the movement had been purposefully damaged by someone, and would cost over $150 to repair. I called Mr. Kotaski back and endured another tirade of his yelling at me, and threatening me to never call him again or he would "come after me."

The person at this repair shop is crazy, absolutley unprofessional, and very rude. I hope other people see this post and can avoid the mistake that I made with my $400 Seiko watch. Never again.

Ri

Comments

• Tr
      5th of Jun, 2009

This is interesting as this word for word false complaint was posted over a year ago on another site. There, however the person posting it supposedly gave his name. The name that was given was not in the computer files of the company that is mentioned indicating this person never sent their watch in.

This shows suspicion that the complaint was unfounded and gives no credibility to the person filing the false complaint.

Now this word for word copy over a year later appears on this site without the persons name attached. Again this destroys the credibility for the complaint and shows it is a false claim. Not convinced yet? Keep reading.

Within a few days of this complaint being posted here someone posing as being able to take care of removing the complaint contacted the company in question but refused to give their company name, phone number, web site address or anything proving who they were and what they would do. It was an attempt at extortion.

When they would not give any identifying information they got mad. Feel free to think here. Why would someone in the business of helping counter false accusations be afraid or hide who they are, who they work for and all contact information?

This post and site are apparently a scam made to extort money from honest businesses and people.

For honest information on the company and person in question in this false complaint contact the BBB and the companies local Chamber of Commerce.