YellowPages.com

611 North Brand Blvd 5th Floor
Glendale, California
Phone: 800) 343-7390
www.yellowpages.com
I signed up with yellowpages.com may of 2007. From the very beginning, my ad was never right. My ad rep was sexually inappropriate after I had already signed up indicating he might have gotten a young ad rep co-worker drunk and taken advantage of her. When I tried to make changes to my ad either by phone or e-mail I never got a response back. My ad rep was fired and I did not find out for 6 weeks. I tried to reach anyone who could help me and I reached another ad rep and he said he would help me and would call me back on Sept 28th at 4pm to fix the problems, still no call back and when I would call or e-mail messages I would get no response. The ad had wrong prices about my business which upset customers and and the ad also had my home address instead of my business address which is 25 minutes away which customers that called didn't want to drive that far. Also, massage is a business that can be dangerous because of the Asian "happy ending" massage places giving a bad name. I did have a guy actually show up at my house wanting a massage one day and it scared that daylights out of me. I pretended that he must have made a mistake. The guy was creepy and I had been afraid to be in my house alone and I make my husband answer that door now. I am very disappointed in that way I was treated from this company, especially the fact that I was paying $2000 a month and no one even bothered to reassign me a new ad rep or return my calls or e-mails. What if I was raped or killed?

I would like Yellowpages.com to cancel the charges, do not send this to collections. I had canceled my credit card that yellowpages.com was billing and I disputed that charges and won the dispute. I have not paid any other additional bills. I feel that I was ripped off and they did not hold their end of the contract.
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

A  18th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have tried to cancel after my one year contract, but still the ad is posted. I did it in writing and still charging me for an ad that I want canceled. If I could go there and remove it myself I would. Yet this is another scam to keep billing after your intend to cancel. Thank God for using credit cards.
N  31st of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I worked for AT&T/ yp.com for 6 months. they are a bunch of crooks, so i quit. they wanted me to lie to clients about how many leads they would receive.

I intend this to help people get out of whatever horrible plan they got into.

If your plan is not working the reps and managers can look up the account and see how terrible it actually is, dont let them say otherwise. Complain as often as possible and threaten to stop paying. Get your reps manager on the phone, they all have one, and tell them that. They should usually let you downgrade into a very inexpensive ad, they cant let you break the contract, but they can downgrade you. Ask to be put in an LSA listing, it is the smallest and cheapest ad they sell. If you threaten to quit paying enough they will generally let you do this to shut you up. Give it a try
N  25th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
We signed up for yellow pages (Calgary) for a year contract & for $750.00 a month on a prOmise that we will be the # 1 in google ad and will always be in the first page.This never happened so after 4 months, we told our sales rep that we want to cancell because we never got a call and besides they " mirrored" our website, they did not create a site for us.the sales rep insisted that we had lots of calls, of which we wonder because we never had a client that said they found us thru yellow pages. We called our rep again, this time he said that he had started a "claim" and had escalated the matter to his manager.Months later, we received a call from a female manager who was raging because we owe them 4 grand at this time.We tried to explain, she was not listening and was very rude.Another manger called and again told us about our bill, again we explained.the bill to date is 8 grand and our contract will be a year exact next month.we are trying to locate a phone number of a manager or an office address to send our complaint and cancellation letter but can not find one.Does anybody know the address of the Calgary or Alberta yellow pages department where we can address or letter? These people did not seem to know their head from their butt!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree