Yellowpage-Ontario.com / Misleading Contract via fax

One Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON, M5G 1Z3
Contract #: CND-YP-48031-ON
Invoice # PF-480310 01

I am an owner of a small business that was started in April 2010. We mainly do fax service for customers. I receive junk flyers by fax every day. I never take them seriously as something important to read and I never received any formal contract or whatsoever by fax and even, that was not informed in advance.

As usual, I received one page via fax from yellowpage on Oct. 25, 2010. The Title was “YellowPage-Ontario.com- now with free submission to www.google.com”. I did not realize at the beginning that it was a contract, because the terms and conditions stated below the order section at the bottom part of the order form faxed to me were so misleading and unclear. Further, the words were also so small. In fact, I did not notice that I would be charged in the amount of $119.00 per month, with two years contract until I received the bill bearing Invoice # PF-48031-01on Nov. 4, 2010. Upon seeing this, I was terribly shocked and dismayed.

Since I am a small business owner, having strived to cope with the overhead and carrying the business only just for 8 months, I did not earn enough money to pay $119.00 per month. So I called yellowpage office on three occasions regarding this matter and faxed to them 3 times asking to do the needful so as to cancel the so-called contract. Unfortunately I received three replies from them that abruptly rejected my request.

I am so confused and devastated due to this matter.
Phillip Jiang

Yellowpage-Ontario.com

Ch

Comments

• Bu
      6th of Jun, 2011

I received the same fax. "Fake Contract" Even though I ignore these faxes there is no way to get off the mailing list! Total ###. Just don't pay the ### and see if they want to go to court. I can't see them going to court because of a possible class action lawsuit against them if they lose.

• Bu
      6th of Jun, 2011

I got that stupid fax too. You can ignore them but you can't get rid of them - the ### won't remove you from the mailing list. If this happened to me, I would not pay. Let the ### take me to court if they dare. If they lost the court case I would start a class action lawsuit with everyone else they ripped off! But that's just me.

• He
      6th of Mar, 2012
    Yellowpage-Ontario.com - Yellow Pages Group is totally misleading
    YellowPage-Ontario.com

By fax, a document was received by an employee of our company. She had just prior to this, been contacted by the local large print phone book people. What she thought she was doing was allowing an add in this local edition.

This employee had no contract signing authority and did not know she was being a victim.

Now this bogus bill arrives for $1488.00 per year for two years YellowPage-Ontario.com with logo similar to the REAL Yellow Pages Group is totally misleading.

• Te
      29th of Jun, 2012

I live in Canada and I fell for the same scam. They posed as the legitimate Yellow Pages Group. Of course, I immediately found it was fraud. So I sent them a letter and email to [protected]@yellowpage-ontario.com that they would not get a cent.
    Now I get email from Dr. Christoph Dietze, the director of Factoring International AG, based in Switzerland, saying that they have now taken over the account and demanding payment. I sent them email [protected]@factoring-international.com, calling them crocks. I'm not sure what kind of Dr. he is, I would like to guess Dr. Fraud. DO NOT PAY A PENNY TO THESE THIEVES AND REPORT TO BBB AND THE POLICE.

• Te
      17th of Jul, 2012

Dr. Christoph Dietze of Factoring International AG is a ###... He should be sitting in Jail.