Yellow Pages Australia / Does not work

1 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Review updated:

What a joke. We are Business Brokers and have used the printed version of Yellow pages For Years. (It used to work)
With the advent of the internet we have found that no business person uses the printed media any more. yellow pages charges over $2000 a month for a half page PER CITY. their promise to us was that we would be inundated with inquiries. NOT ONE has been received for the last 6 months. Of course they expect to be paid for something that no longer works.
For example when you use google to find a business broker you still have to wade through a stack of offerings befor you can even get to yellow pages in other words you must be in the yellow pages data base befor you can find a listing. SO WHY PAY THE OUTRAGEOUS CHARGES FOR YELLOW PAGES WHICH NO LONGER WORK FOR THE BUSINESS PERSON.

Comments

• Re
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages. I was looking online a found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike he told me that he setup a ebillboard and he is happy with the site. He told me that you can go on and change any thing and with out calling one person to do it for him. He said that he can upload his business logo or other photos or up to a 5 min video.He said on this site and did not cost him a dime to setup. I hope this helps you out? Have a nice day.

14th of Feb, 2010

I totally agree! I signed up with yellow pages at the start of November 09 and the Ad still is not right! and when you try to get things sorted they just give you the run around "oh so sorry, I'll try and chase that up for you, " or "the person who is hanling that said that they fixed it" and then they expect to be paid! and not even a proof sent out first!
    I have spent more time sending well crafted emails to them, so as not to be too rude, and to which they dont respond, and all the while I have not had a single job through them! and not one call from the online ad either!

Does any one have a number to call the head office??