Yellow Book USA / Bad advertising

1 Uniondale, NY, United States Review updated:

Everyone must be warned of this company and their tactics. They move into new areas and SELL you hard on their advertising program. They fail to mention that they will be charging you a $3 monthly billing fee. I know it sounds small, but it is the point. Second of all, they are real quick to push you into adding a white background to make the ad stand out. Of course that costs extra. Needless to say, I have been trying to get the $3/ month billing charge removed since August. When I originally called late July/early August Yellow Book informed me they would remove the $3/month charge. Well, today is December 14 and they still have not removed it and I have called at least 7 times. I get excuse after excuse. When I ask to speak to a manager they transfer me to a manager's voicemail. Then I never get a call back. My favorite part of all this, I got a call in early November from their NEW account rep asking me to renew the ad. I told him now way would I ever do business with this company (by the way, we never got 1 extra customer from this waste of advertising). Anyway, even if we did get more business, I would not deal with this company - it is not worth the trouble. The account rep was very rude and defensive and told me I need to be patient that Yellow Book is a large company and they will remove it when they remove it. I asked him why I have been waiting since August and he couldn't answer that. And he informed me that we are not getting business from the ad because we did nothing to make it stand out. I asked why we were told to pay extra for the white background. Of course, he had no reply to that. If someone would have just called me back and not given me 1000 excuses, it would be a different story. My father and a friend of ours also advertised with this company and also got nothing from it and we all have 3 different kinds of businesses. The proof is in the pudding. This company will not last in Brevard county - that is for sure!!!

Va

Comments

• Ad
      19th of Sep, 2010

September 2010
    Yellowbook vs. Adam LaFleur

In 2008 Yellowbook asked Mr. LaFleur, an employee cleanest carpet & restoration, a small business in cape coral florida, to sign documents approving their advertising services that would be rendered once the company's owner gave final approval.

Yellowbook's sales rep assured Mr. LaFleur that though he would be signing agreements for services now, it was only for the purpose of securing discounts being offered at that time, and that nothing would be actually filed and no services would be rendered until the owner of the company gave final approval. No final approval was given so Mr. LaFleur asked that Yellowbook provide a small internet listing for about $47.00 a month.

Yellowbook began running ads in areas or in other forms despite the fact that final approval was not given, and they did so using the wrong phone number for the business.

Yellowbook began calling requesting payment. Seeing no results at all for the advertising, Mr. LaFleur questioned Yellowbook as to whether they were actually advertising for the company. They assured Mr. LaFleur they were and repeated the phone number being listed for Cleanest Carpet & Restoration to Mr. LaFleur. This is where Mr. LaFleur discovered Yellowbook was advertising the wrong number.

Following a series of errors and frustrating phone conversations with representatives of Yellowbook, Mr. LaFleur asked that the services be cancelled. but utterly incapable of generating enough leads to even pay the costs of advertising with Yellowbook.

Yellowbook has filed suit asking a court to force Mr. LaFleur to pay them $9, 277.00.

You can verify the contents of this story by contacting Mr. LaFleur at Mr. LaFleur.classiccarpet@gmail.com

• Be
      11th of Nov, 2011

Yellow Book Continues to scam trusting business people. We were sued for 10, 000. and the court today, in Naples awarded Yellow Book the judgement against out company. BEWARE !! do NOT ADVERTISE WITH THESE SCAMMERS!! We advertised for several years, and had accounting issues in 2004, the company did not credit our payments, then they finally fixed this and messed up our ads, they would add apple's to our ads, someone there in advertising must have thought they were cute. NO!! we always had to change our ads, back to each year.. what a mess. then we tried to cancel in 2005, by phone and by letter and hand delivered to rep. in our store. We were faxed contracts and then faxed the back with a letter saying cancel.. BEWARE!! do NOT fax any thing to this company, they scanned the images, and copied old signatures and also printed signatures that were not ours. We did not pay the 2006 2007 (canceled ads) that printed in the books, they sent us to vultures.. Collection company.. called us day, and nights. every hour. we told the collection and yellow book we did not owe! or would pay, eventually after a good year of harassment we agreed to pay 5, 000 and we were told NO! THEY WANTED THE FULL AMOUNT - NOT CONTRACTED, NOT OWED.. of $10, 000. they hauled us into Court, and today the judge, because of the faxes we sent back.. with our store name.. awarded them 10, 000. judgement against business, they WILL TRY TO ALSO SUE YOU PERSONALLY.. BEWARE. BEWARE BEWARE.. RUN LIKE HELL IF THIS COMPANY COMES KNOCKING OR TRIES TO SELL YOU ADVERTISING. they are NOT WORTH IT.. and you will likely end up with nightmares and headaches (we did) when it is over.. TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS.. I hate to be screwed! and we were today.