Yellow Book Advertising / Unethical Sales Tactics

1 Grand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:

I am searching for other consumers with my same complaint. Yellow Book got me to do ads with them and told me I could cancel prior to the ads running. He did rough drafts, I gave him a downpayment. Then when I tried to cancel, he wouldn't let me. Then I was told I would get final proofs prior to the ads ever running and never received them. I am going to court on Oct 31 to fight the charges and would like to get as many consumer complaints about this company as I can. Yellow Book is also not trying to tell the judge that the rough draft proofs (hand drawn & done on the original contract date) are the proofs I was told I would get. One of them is signed with a forged signature (not mine). If you used to work for Yellow Book in sales, I would like to hear from you also. email me at almobilenotary@yahoo.com

An

Comments

• He
      20th of Oct, 2008

Angie - see the email I sent you. Won't be a lot of help but I understand your frustration with yellowbook.

We use yellowpages now.

27th of Oct, 2008

I can't help with the problem but can let you know I had the same experience. My opinion is this company is fraudulent. They messed up my business name on the handwritten proof, never sent me a "real" proof, consider the handwritten proof by an incompetent salesman to be an offical proof, never returned my calls to ask about my proof, and flat-out told me I was lying when I accused them of not returning calls.

• 81
      25th of Jan, 2011

Thats unfortunate. It sounds like you just had a rep who didn't follow through. I have had an excellent experience with yellowbook and it has enhanced my Real Estate business substantially. I guess my rep is one of the really good ones. 810-234-1000

• Jw
      2nd of Feb, 2011

The tricked me into believing that it was a 3 month ad. Got stuck with a year. Never got a proof, and they screwed up my biz name!

• De
      18th of Jul, 2012
    Yellow Book Advertising - Fraud
    Yaloow Book

The representative called before renew. I signed ONE contract. The rep. called back and said I should also be in the two other local books. I explained that we could not afford them. He offered to be able to add the other books for no additional charge. He sent over what he claimed was a change order. Unknown to me it was a NEW order. Then he offered a $495 a year deal on internet advertising. He them sent over the third contract. Again, he explained, it’s just the way we do it. It is not a new contract it is a change order. After receiving the first bill I knew something was wrong. They would NOT call of talk with me. They came back three years later and sued ME AND MY COMPANY. The judge basically said “so sorry” you signed them you owe them $35, 000.00 at 18% interest as well. They won!!!
    On the stand the representative from Yellow Book, when asked about how many he does, laughed and said we have over 300 cases in Texas alone and the average is $60, 000.00!!!
    Attached: Look at the two amount and the dates! We "owed $1840.35 as of 2/10/2008. On 3/10/2000 the previous balance is all of a sudden $2, 338.35! The district judge didn't even take that into account! I agree that the "kangaroo courts" of modern days don't really look at or care about anyone. Debtor’s prison was supposed to be abolished yet you have to post a bond in the total amount of the judgment or you go to jail! I served this "god forsaken" country and now I am ashamed of this crooks and "legal system."
    Fraud is all I can say about this company.

• Cy
    Cedar Rapids
    Iowa
    Phone: (800) 373-2324
    yellowbook.com

The representative called before renewal. I signed ONE contract. The representative called back and said I should also be in the two other local books. I explained that we could not afford them. He offered to be able to add the other books for no additional charge. He sent over what he claimed was a change order. Unknown to me it was a NEW order. Then he offered a $495 a year deal on internet advertising. He them sent over the third contract. Again, he explained, it’s just the way we do it. It is not a new contract it is a change order. After receiving the first bill I knew something was wrong. They would NOT call or talk with me. They came back three years later and sued ME AND MY COMPANY. The judge basically said “so sorry” you signed them you owe them $35, 000.00 at 18% interest as well. They won!!!
    I have two invoices from Yellow Book that PROVE they are using false numbers in the District lawsuits. We "owed $1840.35 as of 2/10/2008. On 3/10/2000 the previous balance is all of a sudden $2, 338.35! Yellow Book presented typed numbers for balances and claimed they were valid numbers and yet their own billing shows that not to be the case. Yellow Book continues to present these fraudulent numbers as fact in District courts across the country.
    The district judge didn't even take that into account! I agree that the "kangaroo courts" of modern days don't really look at or care about anyone. Debtor’s prison was supposed to be abolished yet you have to post a bond in the total amount of the judgment or you go to jail! I served this "god forsaken" country and now I am ashamed of the crooks and fake "legal system” all set up to serve the crooks.