Yatra.com / malpractices by yatra.com

1 India Review updated:

Worst customer service, yatra.com, no one to listen to you. .

Let me share my experience with booking a ticket with yatra.com and indian major in online ticket booking for airlines and holidays.

The worst part is. . . You pay for the tickets, your account is debited and you dont get a ticket. . . If you dont follow up, money never comes back. . . . . . And the money stays with them. As your account has already been debited, if you call customer care, (Usually 15 - 20 mins wait time, after i tried 4 times) they tell you that the money will be refunded back in 72 hours. Its been 2 weeks now and the money has not been refunded.

I do not have patience to call customer care again as its just too difficult to reach them, the phone number provided takes so long to reach to a customer care executive that one loses his temper. I am very frustrated now.

I booked an online ticket from hyderabad to delhi for rs. 16, 485 after i made the payment through online netbanking. I got a message that - booking failure - your account has been debited but the ticket is not booked. . . Just read that statement again. . . Who in this world can do that ?? So easily they say something like this. So let me continue. Frustrated to see that message i called up customer care and after approx 10 mins of wait i was able to reach a person. Agent says - sorry sir, your ticket is not confirmed, money will be refunded back in 72 hours. I knew this was not going to happen and i did not wanted my 16k to get stuck with them. So they asked me if i pay extra i can get another ticket through chennai. I was stuck and i could not do anything. So i agreed to pay another 3400 for a confirmed ticket. So i ended up paying around rs 20, 000 for 2 tickets which usually cost rs 10, 000 on any normal day.

This is really horrible service. . . After all the calcuation, i was liable for a refund of rs 1485. I am still waiting for a refund of rs 1485. Which was promised that it will be credited within 3 days, its been 2 weeks and its still not credited.

I have already tried calling them 7 times today but i am unable to find a resolution, at last i have to write this compliant here. . So frustrated i am.

Beware people, if you too dont want to see an e - mail like one i have attached, better to stay away from yatra.com

Details:

Booking reference number - [protected]
Hyderabad to delhi - 23rd oct, 2010

Yatra.com

Sh

Comments

• Ya
      17th of Nov, 2010

Dear Shivag,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are looking into this matter & your query has been forwarded to the concerned department. We will respond back to you within 24 hours. Thank you for your patience. For immediate support, please call 1800 1029 900

Thanks,

YatraCare

17th of Nov, 2010

Thank you very much for the follow up, I received my Money. But only by responding online it does not solve the problem, I had to go through so much of Mental tension because of this.

I tried calling your phone number almost 15 times each time I had to wait 10-15 mins. Please WRITE DOWN what steps you have taken to SOLVE that ??? There are many other customers like me. Today also if I call your India number one has to wait 10-15 mins.

I am still highly unsatisfied and frustrated. If you really want me to cool down. Tell me what STEPS you have taken to ensure that the wait time on the phone reduces from you regular 15 mins wait time till you reach a customer care executive.

MY PROBLEM IS STILL UNSOLVED.

THANK you for your co-operation and refund 1485 Rupess, this doesnt matter anything..

Its about VALUES and FAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Its about FRUSTRATION a customer has to go through each time he calls your phone number.

Looking forward for your plan to solve the wait time on phone. Please dont respond back by saying " WE have taken appropriate steps to solve this. Let me know when you resolve this, I will check at my end. And Then this ISSUE or COMPLAIN WILL BE CLOSED.

I REPEAT - MY PROBLEM IS STILL UN-SOLVED ! Period !

22nd of Dec, 2010

Thank you for your response, I just called up to confirm, I was able to reach customer care executive in 3 mins 22 seconds. This is better than earlier wait time of 10 minutes minimum. I hope this will be improved further to reach the highest level of quality.

I appreciate your follow up, although after 1 month, but its fine. I hope you will do more and improve your quality.

Good Luck to you and your team.

• Ya
      6th of Jan, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your appreciation, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you before. We assure you full satisfaction with our services in the near future.

Thanks,
    YatraCare

13th of Dec, 2011

Great ... it just takes 2 mins to respond by saying Sorry--- look at the number of complains that you still have... STOP Advertisements and start giving cusotmer service before anything else...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!