SUBMIT A COMPLAINT

Yankee Candle Diffuser Oil / ruined furniture finish

Review updated:

This diffuser oil is totally toxic to furniture. I accidentaly knocked over the reed diffuser and it splattered on my wood piano. Within seconds it started to "melt" the finish. I wiped as fast as I could but there are now notable visible streaks wherever the oil hit. To make matters worse I placed one of the cleaning rags on my dining room table for a minute and when I took it off a minute later the finish on my table was marred. i called customer service. They said i should call the furniture manufacturer. They had ZERO cleaning tips for their product. I find it hard to understand how they have an FAQ section on their website for cleaning candle wax but not the oil. They must know how corrosive this oil is.
If I had known this oil was so damaging I would never have brought it into my house. BEWARE!!!

Sort by: UpDate | Rating

Comments

  • Te
      Dec 02, 2012

    I had a similar experience with a Dayna Decker Reed Diffusers. This particular product sits at a 30' angle and the oil fallas down the side of the vessel as it is wicked up the reeds. It ruined my $3, 000 dining room table. I contacted their company and they said it was my fault for not placing the diffuser on something that was non-porous. I will never buy a diffuser again.

    0 Votes
  • Te
      Dec 02, 2012

    Stay away from diffusers!

    0 Votes
  • He
      Dec 02, 2012

    You spilled it, it is not Yankee Candles fault that you did not follow the directions on how to use it...

    0 Votes

Post your comment