Yak Communications / e-mail

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I try to e-mail yak but the tasks is always an error and I can't reach them. Is their company not good to use?

Comments

1st of Mar, 2009

Laura, be very wary of this company. I highly recommend you do a google search and read all the complaints about this company and strongly consider the F rating given to this company by the Better Business Bureau before engaging the services of this company. Jane

• Ya
      2nd of Mar, 2009

i agree with jane.
    i have tried to order there serive a bunch of time and nobody showed up to complete the actual order but when i called in they said it was done. how is this possible when they didnt step foot into my house to set up a phone jack that was need for the phone to work in the first place. Come to find out they charged me 210 for some service that i never recieve. it ended up goin to collections so i diputed it and got that resolved. Come to find out that there is a new service for a home phone set up in my name that i didnt request. WHAT A JOKE..THERE CUSTOMER CARE REPS ARE RUDE UNTRAINED AND THEY ARE COMPLETE BULL ###.

10th of Mar, 2009

It has cost me $100 dollars when they took over my phone line 3 months after they said they would change my line. I never got any service, this was back in Dec I complained to the Better Business Bureau and the CRTC and YAK refuses to call them back.
    A customer rep did call me after I send all my complaints and told me that they would not charge me . Now today I am getting a threatening email from their collection dept.
    It is impossible to phone or communicate with them

As a company they should be shut down. Worst attitude of any one out there.

Ann, Ajax

• Cl
      7th of Dec, 2009

I am GATHERING VICTIMS OF YAK COMMUNICATION IN ORDER TO SUBMIT TO LOCAL MASS MEDIAS, SUCH AS LOCAL BROADCASTS, NEWSPAPERS, other means of mass media in TORONTO GTA REGIONS. PLEASE REPLY THIS BOARD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

i HAVE COME TO CONCLUSION THAT ONLY SOLUTION IS TO RAISE OUR VOICE TO BE HEARD TO MASS AUDIENCES.

some of governmental institution ENABLE it because some assume Yak is cooperation this also is authority as well.

I am also victim of Yak communication, which actually turned into fraud. For last 6 months, Yak communication neglected my request of cancellation and asking for unauthorized charges by abusive phone calls. I had reported to Police and Communication Network Commissioner.

Both institution requires 20 days to investigate; therefore, Yak try to win you over the harassment calls and e-mails meanwhile, which likely victims turn to agree for authorized payment.

THEN I THOUGHT - IF I HAVE BEEN USED YAK'S UNAUTHORIZED $30 CHARGE FOR SOME CHARITY INSTITUTION INSTEAD (LIKE WORLD VISION OR ARMY SALVATION), THE MONEY WOULD BE WELL SPENT INSTEAD OF THIS GREEDY COMPANY WHICH TREATS BADLY!!

I FEEL ANGRY THAT SOCIETY MAKES YOU FEEL THIS IS YOUR PRIVATE CIVIL CASE, NOT PUBLIC CONCERN.

I AM SUBMITTING THIS CONCERN TO CITY TV, ETC, IN THIS WEEK. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS BOARD.

• Pr
      7th of May, 2010

i've been trying to get their service setup for a month so far now with no luck. no one enters the info correctly from the calls or even logs that i called in about it. they keep trying to redo the first thing that had the problem and then never call me to get the right info i have to call them and give them the same info every time and each time it goes no where. i tried to escalate things as outlined on their website to do and was simply told i cant do that. its already as high as it can go. absolutely brutal customer service. never heard of a company so opposed to getting a new customer before. i hope they go bankrupt.

• Fr
      15th of May, 2012

I was a victim of identity theft. Someone used my name and address and opened an account on Yak last April (2011) and I never once received an invoice from Yak. I got a call from a collection agency in February 2012 alleging I owed Yak money, which I didn't. I never held an account with Yak. I contacted Yak, they called off the collection, but two months later, they sent my file to another collection agency. I provided Yak and the collection agency with the police report. Yak directed me to get the police to contact corporatesecurity@windmobile.ca; the police tried twice and never got a response. Yesterday I saw that they had reported me as a delinquent account on my credit profile. Yak had never even shown any proof I owed them money, no invoice, and now, the cops are backing me up to sue Yak in small claims. Please respond to me if the same thing happens to you, I am suing them via Small Claims but I am also looking into a class action suit from victims.

Yak is wack, highly unethical, can you believe all you need is someone's name and address to open an account?!!