Yak Communicationsharrassing phone calls

W Review updated:

Upon receiving an new credit card I was late in changing my payment details with Yak. I called them to end my service and pay what was on my bill which was less than $6.00 cdn. The next morning I was phoned at 9:00 am with a recorded message saying I needed to make a payment. I was no longer their customer so I hung up. A minute later they called again. Next morning at 9 am, they called again followed by another call at noon. Furious, I called Yak to complain and they told me there was nothing they could do, I was on their list and it takes a few days to get off. I then spoke to a supervisor who told me the same thing. I asked if disrupting former customers who have no conncection anymore to Yak was good business practice. He told me that I had made the list, and that was it. It takes 48-72 hours to have your name removed from the list. I pointed out that this was harassment. He told me that he has credit companies calling him all the time and understands that they should call. I pointed out again that I owed no money and had no connection to Yak. Once again he babbled on about 48-72 hours.

Do not get involved with this company. Stay away. If you sign up they will end up making your life miserable for you and it will be the computer's fault.

Stay far far away!!!

• Y
      Jun 27, 2009

hi,
    suggestion -copy/paste yr comment on this site as well -
    www.telloscar.com

its canadas best consumer comments site

• C
      Dec 07, 2009

I am GATHERING VICTIMS OF YAK COMMUNICATION IN ORDER TO SUBMIT TO LOCAL MASS MEDIAS, SUCH AS LOCAL BROADCASTS, NEWSPAPERS, other means of mass media in TORONTO GTA REGIONS. PLEASE REPLY THIS BOARD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

i HAVE COME TO CONCLUSION THAT ONLY SOLUTION IS TO RAISE OUR VOICE TO BE HEARD TO MASS AUDIENCES.

some of governmental institution ENABLE it because some assume Yak is cooperation this also is authority as well.

I am also victim of Yak communication, which actually turned into fraud. For last 6 months, Yak communication neglected my request of cancellation and asking for unauthorized charges by abusive phone calls. I had reported to Police and Communication Network Commissioner.

Both institution requires 20 days to investigate; therefore, Yak try to win you over the harassment calls and e-mails meanwhile, which likely victims turn to agree for authorized payment.

THEN I THOUGHT - IF I HAVE BEEN USED YAK'S UNAUTHORIZED $30 CHARGE FOR SOME CHARITY INSTITUTION INSTEAD (LIKE WORLD VISION OR ARMY SALVATION), THE MONEY WOULD BE WELL SPENT INSTEAD OF THIS GREEDY COMPANY WHICH TREATS BADLY!!

I FEEL ANGRY THAT SOCIETY MAKES YOU FEEL THIS IS YOUR PRIVATE CIVIL CASE, NOT PUBLIC CONCERN.

I AM SUBMITTING THIS CONCERN TO CITY TV, ETC, IN THIS WEEK. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS BOARD.

• I
      May 15, 2010

I agree, I first signed up with them for unlimited downloading, with a dry loop and it was great, then I decided to get their home phone, and everything went to hell. 1st they took my credit card info, billed me for the rental of modem and all, only to screw that up and put in someone else card into my account. so the collection agency call wanting the money for services I don't have. then they turned my internet off without notice for 1 month, then they hook it up and the home phone is [censored], they say they will come out and fix, I waited all day for them to show and they don't or they show up another day unexpected. only to fix home phone but no Internet. it's been 2 months without internet. and every 2 weeks the home phone acts up. when I call, they say they are working on it. no call to say what's going on. they have left me in the dark, I had to go back with Rogers paying 75 a month just for internet.
    my name is Timothy Chute, Mississauga, Ont. [protected]@gmail.com