Yak Communications / Terrible Customer Service

1 Canada Review updated:

It seems that there is always 16 people waiting ahead of me when I call the Yak customer service line. Whether I choose to activate a new service or report technical issues, there is always at least 16 people ahead of me and I usually hang up after 1 hour.

I have still not been able to activate my travel card. The Yak welcome letter indicates that it will only take a few minutes before I can start "yakking" with the travel card, but after many hours of waiting on hold, I still have a card which is not yet activated.

Also, Yak had a holiday promotion for new accounts. The promo promised 100 free minutes of long distance. Well, I signed up for a new account but I did not get 100 minutes of free long distance. After contacting customer service, they informed me that they were not familiar with the promotion... even after I directed them to the promo web page, on the Yak.ca web site.

I am very sorry that I signed up with Yak. Now they have my information, my credit card details, and I can not get a hold of anyone.

Mm

Comments

• Cl
      7th of Dec, 2009

I am GATHERING VICTIMS OF YAK COMMUNICATION IN ORDER TO SUBMIT TO LOCAL MASS MEDIAS, SUCH AS LOCAL BROADCASTS, NEWSPAPERS, other means of mass media in TORONTO GTA REGIONS. PLEASE REPLY THIS BOARD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

i HAVE COME TO CONCLUSION THAT ONLY SOLUTION IS TO RAISE OUR VOICE TO BE HEARD TO MASS AUDIENCES.

some of governmental institution ENABLE it because some assume Yak is cooperation this also is authority as well.

I am also victim of Yak communication, which actually turned into fraud. For last 6 months, Yak communication neglected my request of cancellation and asking for unauthorized charges by abusive phone calls. I had reported to Police and Communication Network Commissioner.

Both institution requires 20 days to investigate; therefore, Yak try to win you over the harassment calls and e-mails meanwhile, which likely victims turn to agree for authorized payment.

THEN I THOUGHT - IF I HAVE BEEN USED YAK'S UNAUTHORIZED $30 CHARGE FOR SOME CHARITY INSTITUTION INSTEAD (LIKE WORLD VISION OR ARMY SALVATION), THE MONEY WOULD BE WELL SPENT INSTEAD OF THIS GREEDY COMPANY WHICH TREATS BADLY!!

I FEEL ANGRY THAT SOCIETY MAKES YOU FEEL THIS IS YOUR PRIVATE CIVIL CASE, NOT PUBLIC CONCERN.

I AM SUBMITTING THIS CONCERN TO CITY TV, ETC, IN THIS WEEK. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS BOARD.