Yak communication / False billing

1 Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

We cancelled with Yak Communications and went back to another provider. Yak continued to bill us for several months despite many phone calls and hour long waits. Finally, supplied proof that we are with the other provider (faxed in the bills) and a supervisor agreed to credit our account. No charges outstanding. The invoices kept coming.

Finally, 9 months later after a long wait and pleading they finally acknowledged their error. Our account really would be credited this time. Instead we got a letter in the mail (get this), welcoming us to Yak!!!

Two weeks later a letter from a Collection Agency, we have to pay or it will affect our credit. Messages on our phone from the same agency, always when we are at work and when we reply to them its voice mail.

I am so sick of Yak Communications. I regret that we signed up with them in the first instance, then had to cancel within 2 months. The reason we cancelled was that they could not offer us Visual Call Waiting!

As

Comments

• Vi
      9th of Dec, 2009

I am GATHERING VICTIMS OF YAK COMMUNICATION IN ORDER TO SUBMIT TO LOCAL MASS MEDIAS, SUCH AS LOCAL BROADCASTS, NEWSPAPERS, other means of mass media in TORONTO GTA REGIONS. PLEASE REPLY THIS BOARD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

i HAVE COME TO CONCLUSION THAT ONLY SOLUTION IS TO RAISE OUR VOICE TO BE HEARD TO MASS AUDIENCES.

some of governmental institution ENABLE it because some assume Yak is cooperation this also is authority as well.

I am also victim of Yak communication, which actually turned into fraud. For last 6 months, Yak communication neglected my request of cancellation and asking for unauthorized charges by abusive phone calls. I had reported to Police and Communication Network Commissioner.

Both institution requires 20 days to investigate; therefore, Yak try to win you over the harassment calls and e-mails meanwhile, which likely victims turn to agree for authorized payment.

THEN I THOUGHT - IF I HAVE BEEN USED YAK'S UNAUTHORIZED $30 CHARGE FOR SOME CHARITY INSTITUTION INSTEAD (LIKE WORLD VISION OR ARMY SALVATION), THE MONEY WOULD BE WELL SPENT INSTEAD OF THIS GREEDY COMPANY WHICH TREATS BADLY!!

I FEEL ANGRY THAT SOCIETY MAKES YOU FEEL THIS IS YOUR PRIVATE CIVIL CASE, NOT PUBLIC CONCERN.

I AM SUBMITTING THIS CONCERN TO CITY TV, ETC, IN THIS WEEK. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS BOARD.