Yahoo! / wowmall watch purchase scam

2 singapore, Singapore Review updated:

Dear Manager,

I'm a victim of a watch purchase scam on the Yahoo Ads by Wowmall. I ordered a S$79 watch online on 19/4/18 and received a dummy watch on 24/4/18 that is not working . They only accept COD and claimed to offer 15 days refund. I contacted them for a refund but they did not reply.

I hope Yahoo can alert the general public on such scam and prevent unscrupulous merchants from making use if a highly credential platform to scam innocent people. Thanks.

Alfred Tan
Mobile: +[protected]
Email: alfredtan316@yahoo.com

Al
May 7, 2018

Comments

• Mi
      9th of May, 2018

Hello Alfred,

I think I have fallen for the same scam. Looked attractive, but I guess it was not a genuine offer after all.

Please do keep me posted on your refund - pity such scammers still exist and we fell for it.

J

• Ge
      22nd of May, 2018

@Mishy Young Hi all, pls go make police report. I made a police report last week and they say that so far I am the only one. If they received more complaints, they will look into the company.

• Je
      10th of May, 2018

Sub : WowMall sale is a Scam

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for highlighting your experience.
    Incidents like this should be made prominent so that innocent parties will not fall for it.

Regards.

• Se
      11th of May, 2018

Hi Alfred,

I have saw your posting on yahoo about wowmall.
    I have attached a link below. Is it this wowmall which you are referring to? Cause I also thinking of buying one watch from below website.

Thank you.

• Mi
      14th of May, 2018

@Sem Mui Peng Hello Mui Peng,

That would be the same listed watch we all saw. To preface, I have yet to receive the watch, but I do think it seems a bit dodgy - I want to cancel my order regardless. But as mentioned, I am very pensive having read Alfred's review and cannot confirm that it is indeed a dummy watch either. But I'd say skip.

J

• Ur
      15th of May, 2018

Jeremy reuling, that works at 29 sterling ave in white plains, unless it’s a computer hologram room 202 where it used to be a sterling club library is an mean agreesive [censored]! So is al krokeger from Yorktown heights! As for Donald wood and tony gilmore, of white plains they could go [censored] themselves and Noah feld too!

• Es
      25th of May, 2018

I got a broken watch from wowmall too.. For $58... Mailed them but no reply so far..

• To
      30th of May, 2018

I paid mine for $88 but got a cheap made in china piece (faulty piece). I saw it before at Pasar Malam for SGD$12. Entirely different item from what was advertised online. I think it is a local scam. Firstly, the website has very minimum information nor business address. They cleverly designed the product listing nicely to make it looks like a premium products that they sell and you buy. The box do not have any oversea address but it took a week to make it feel that it was delivered from oversea. The payment was collected Cash on Delivery by local couriers, Ninja Van or Comone express. Item was wrap but u can't see before u pay. There is no online payment record to check. The only way is to go back to courier company as to who their payment is directed to. This business model is so successful that they added new items to sell. Many will be surprise by the inferior product they will get in time. Please don't buy anything from wowmall.

• Is
      8th of Jun, 2018

@Toh Boon Leng Boon Leng..I totally agreed with you. Received mine today...its totally different...instead received a Sanchybird brand watch...this is a freaking scam..dont buy from them...full of [censored].!

• Cw
      30th of May, 2018

Dear potential customers of wowmall,

I recently purchased an $88 watch that looked extremely high quality online . When I received my package, The courier from ninja van refused to allow me to open the box to check the quality of the item . I accepted it and took it as such as I had researched beforehand and found out that yahoo actually supports and promotes wowmall . @yahoo, being such a huge global organization, I am shocked and appalled that you could support an online retailer such as wowmall . The watch was horrible to say the least . For example, The strap of the watch was not made of real leather, and instead was made of low quality pvc that can be easily purchased at a shop for 2 dollars . The watch was completely different from what they claimed, from the leather, the finishing, the various functions, to the brand, it was basically a scam . If anyone is considering to buy ANYTHING from wowmall, I strongly suggest that you do not . Pls beware, help spread the word and raise awareness for this unscrupulous retailer !

Ps. I will be writing an email to yahoo as well

CW

• Po
      31st of May, 2018

I too was a victim of fraud by wowmall. I bought a Luminor awtch as advertised by them but instead received a back alley production with the name of Pintime which looks so flimsy. Have sent email to SupportSg@wowmall.store for refunds as instructed by their chat line but to date, after a dozen request for refunds, no reply from them. I am sure Yahoo staff have monitored our reviews and complaints and yet they continue to support wowmall to advertised their scams. Doesnt that makes them an accessort to the frauds? Anyone have any knowledge on how to start a class action against Yahoo for the fraud? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

David

• Md
      31st of May, 2018

@Poon David CK Exactly the same experience with the same watch here (ordered Liminor, received Pintime), with the exception that upon contacting over phone, they (a female named Kesha) asked me to return the watch, promising to process a refund after 5 working days.

31st of May, 2018

Where to contact them? Anyone got address for return the goods?

• Ge
      3rd of Jun, 2018

@Vieux Chan GL INTERNATIONAL LOGISTIC SDN BHD
    L28-03-03A
    Level 28, PJ Exchange
    No. 16A, Persiaran Barat
    46050 Petaling Jaya
    Selangor
    Attention: Miss Kesha (03-7890 2850)

6th of Jun, 2018

@Vieux Chan I just got my money back.
    Went to comone office at lower delta road
    Meet the guy there and he knows .
    He just ask me to fill up a firm and then refunded my $68

Address is 1090 lower delta road. 01-05-07, goodluck

@irwanb8811 thank you

• Sh
      7th of Jun, 2018

@irwanb8811 I also fell into this scam and can you contact me at 9783 0107 because I wish to get a refund as well.

• Yy
      31st of May, 2018

i am a victim too. buy a automatic luminox watch. end up deliver a battery operated sancsbirds. feel cheated. i click the ads from Yahoo page

5th of Jun, 2018

@YYOoi I'm a victim too.. Received a pasar malam watch.. Really [censored].. I sent dozens of email to them but no reply at all.. Anyone can solved this issue pls share.. Thks

5th of Jun, 2018

unfortunately I also fell to the same scam today
    Has anybody tried going to comone express office in Singapore to check with them?

address is ComOne Int'l Logistics Pte Ltd (Singapore) Blk 1090, Lower Delta Road #1-05-07 Singapore
    I am tryng to contact them tomorrow

please kindly include me in discussion if anybody can manage to get a refund or want to do a police report etc
    my email is irwanb8811@gmail.com

thanks all

5th of Jun, 2018

@irwanb8811 Guys. I just got my money back.
    Went to comone office at lower delta road
    Meet the guy there and he knows .
    He just ask me to fill up a firm and then refunded my $68

Address is 1090 lower delta road. 01-05-07, goodluck

6th of Jun, 2018

@irwanb8811 Do they have no. to contact?

6th of Jun, 2018

@mkits yes but dont bother as it is a recording and keep getting disconnected.

just go to the address and ask for refund

I did and got my money back

6th of Jun, 2018

@irwanb8811 Ok thanks! I just called the ninja van courier and gave me the guy that i can contact in comone express his name is Mr. Roy Rao is this the same guy you talked to?

6th of Jun, 2018

@mkits Dont bother with emailing roy rao.

Please just ho direct to the office as i described.

They dont ask many thing, they understand already and will refund your money on the spot.
    Ninja van wont be abke to do anything whichnis a dissapointment for me especially considering that the comone express guy came wearing ninja van uiform etc which makes me accept the package

6th of Jun, 2018

Hi anybody purchased an addidas ultraboost shoes for $89 which was advetised in Facebook last may? I purchased the item and got a really bad imittation only which i think is worth $20 only.

8th of Jun, 2018

I am a victim too. Try contacting and emailing them but with no reply at all. Made a police report but they claimed that they could not do anything because the vendor was in China and there was no point suing them as legal fee was going to be high.

Today went down to 1090 Lower Delta Road to get refund. No question asked. Got my money in full.

Thank you for the lead.

I suggest everyone to get your refund and make a police report.

8th of Jun, 2018

@victim65 Hi, good to hear that you have the same experience with me.
    Lets share this news so that more victims can get their money back.

• Ke
      9th of Jun, 2018

Hi, Yahoo.

Please block all ads from Wowmall at all cost and with immediate effect to keep your reputation. Whatever items sold by Wowmall are fake and cheap.

Are you guys (like me as consumers) agree?

13th of Jun, 2018

Even today time stamped 14th June 2018, 8.45 am, YAHOO is still advertising for WOWMALL. We should try to see if we could do a class action sue against Yahoo for being an accessory to this scam. For those who managed to get their refunds at Lower Delta Road, may I know what time this office opened? Went there too ear at 9 am on Monday and they have not open yet. Intend to go down later maybe around 12 pm to try and get the refund. Will update later.

David

13th of Jun, 2018

@David CK Poon hi David
    I came around 10.30 AM
    normal office hours
    if I am not mistaken they should be open 24 hours as usually this type of company operates around the clock.
    but maybe the ramadan holiday affects their normal operating hours

14th of Jun, 2018

@irwanb8811 Hi Irwan, tks for your help in giving me the address at blk 1090. I went down around 11.30 am today and got back my money $68. Phew... Try to fish info from the chap but all he said they are just courier. Something got to be done against Yahoo. They continue to support WOWMALL despite received so many complaints of FRAUD from us. Anyone who knows how to form a class action against Yahoo. Hit them with huge compensations.

14th of Jun, 2018

Anyone going down to get back their refunds, please make sure you bring along the wrapper. Its essential. If not, there will be delays in the refund for how long I wont know.

15th of Jun, 2018

@David CK Poon Yes i bring the whole thing. Box and watch. The box seemes to be more important as it is proof of comone delivery. They did not even bother checking if the watch is in the box or not. Just the box with the comone stickers and label is sufficient for refund