Yahoo Travel / Travelocity / ripoff

I made a reservation for an employee for 2 nights at a hotel using travelocity. The employee had an car accident and was stranded. we called the hotel by 10 am when we learned of his plight. the hotel stated they had no problem with the cancellation but any charges would be up to travelocity. then the nightmare began. after significant hold time we were told that they would have to charge us for 1 night - it's the hotels policy. I informed her that the hotel was actually agreeing to cancel without charge. I was again put on hold for a long time, only to have the same Indian female tell me that the "hotel hesitated" ( whatever that meant ). unbeknownst to my Indian counterpart I had already redialed the hotel and spoke with the same hotel agent who again told me that there was no problem at their end but that she actually was on the other line with travelocity trying to resolve the issue for me. When the Indian rep for travelocity finally returned she again stated she was sorry but she could not refund the charges because "the hotel hesitated ". I frankly told her that she was a liar, that in fact I had spoken twice to the hotel ( to the same agent she did ) and it was in fact travelocity, not the hotel, who was trying to stick me with the charges. I asked to speak with a supervisor from the UNITED STATES - after another protracted delay I was told none were available. I was offered a supervisor from India - after another 15 minutes on hold I just hung up and called my credit card company to protest the charges. MY ADVICE - SKIP TRAVELOCITY COMPLETELY. INCOMPETENT SERVICE AND SCAM ARTISTS in my opinion.

Jo

Comments

• Is
      12th of Oct, 2008

Review was helpful. Travelocity is trying to tell us that the refund issue for airline tickets is with American Express, not them. Their system could not book the flights they advertised and said they would refund the money immediately. It has now been 4 months.

• Ro
      26th of Nov, 2008

I wish I had read this many months ago! I booked travel with Yahoo Travel/Travelocity in March 2008 for travel in October 2008. Every month there were "schedule changes" until I finally had no choice but to cancel the tickets in late August. I am still awaiting the refund three months later! I have spent literally hours on the phone with them and it is like they are reading a script. They told me 30 days, then they told me 45 days, then another 30 days. Today, it was another 15 days. They assure me they put the refund through to my credit card on 10/27/08 and that it is now in my credit card's hands. My credit card has no record of a refund and said it would take at the most a week for them to receive it. I have filed a complaint with BBB, but nothing on that end yet. Clearly there is a pattern here.

• Ka
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I have posted my comment regarding travelocity"s tactics and how they really screw you over.This is the WORST company.They may have had a better reputation years ago.but they definitely have gone down hill as well as defrauding their cutomers.I will never use them again.

Fairbanks, AK.