Yahoo / email

1 2260 Princeton dr.San Bruno, CA, United States Review updated:

Below is a copy as best as i could do from my home email account.
this has came several times. I'm sending you this complaint as well as my email provider. but the reason i'm sending it to you is because apparently the person has a yahoo account.
at the bottom of this mess of names this went to is a link.
I went to it because it was called rapid share. And i was expecting a email from my brother with photos therefore i thought it was from him as my full name is Juliette Giovinco Henry and my brother is joe.
this link or letter one had a virus that is smart and very vindictuve or what ever. it destroyed my laptop's memory partition forcing me to reinstall a new operating system. It tried to take over my desktop this morning as well!!!
this is the email as it came this morning. the one that came last week i do not have.

jgiovinco2000 <jgiovinco2000@yahoo.com>Monday, July 13, 2009 10:19 AMpostmaster@danforthassociates.com
postmaster@danforthassociates.com <postmaster@danforthassociates.com>; postmaster@DA-ONLINE.COM <postmaster@DA-ONLINE.COM>; jetblue.223496.3345.0@reply.jetblue.com <jetblue.223496.3345.0@reply.jetblue.com>; SchwabAlerts.AccountActivity@Schwab.com <SchwabAlerts.AccountActivity@Schwab.com>; rootscolumn@yahoo.com <rootscolumn@yahoo.com>; snowitch@tampabay.rr.com <snowitch@tampabay.rr.com>; deni104@juno.com <deni104@juno.com>; askibd1@investors.com <askibd1@investors.com>; mbaug13250@aol.com <mbaug13250@aol.com>; gcoffey1@tampabay.rr.com <gcoffey1@tampabay.rr.com>; SchwabTraderCT@schwabtrader.com <SchwabTraderCT@schwabtrader.com>; medref@tulane.edu <medref@tulane.edu>; support@service.americanexpress.com <support@service.americanexpress.com>; gluepot4@netscape.net <gluepot4@netscape.net>; littlefawn@sanbrunocable.com <littlefawn@sanbrunocable.com>; albertegator@alumni.ufl.edu <albertegator@alumni.ufl.edu>; ian_giovinco@yahoo.com <ian_giovinco@yahoo.com>; jolynnegio@aol.com <jolynnegio@aol.com>; JosephGiovinco@compuserve.com <JosephGiovinco@compuserve.com>; thegorilla@gorillatrades.com <thegorilla@gorillatrades.com>; evy-g@webtv.net <evy-g@webtv.net>; HajaAlbert@aol.com <HajaAlbert@aol.com>; JGIO@VERIZON.NET <JGIO@VERIZON.NET>; jgiovinco2000@yahoo.com <jgiovinco2000@yahoo.com>; jplduf@aol.com <jplduf@aol.com>; leejet1@aol.com <leejet1@aol.com>; beach301@tampabay.rr.com <beach301@tampabay.rr.com>; RPATIRB@aol.com <RPATIRB@aol.com>; gpadula@danforthassociates.com <gpadula@danforthassociates.com>; syl56@optonline.net <syl56@optonline.net>; prath@resourcepropertymgmt.com <prath@resourcepropertymgmt.com>; eljayrodgers@aol.com <eljayrodgers@aol.com>; newsroom@myfloridahouse.com <newsroom@myfloridahouse.com>; dodiespahr@juno.com <dodiespahr@juno.com>; sparkysdaze@yahoo.com <sparkysdaze@yahoo.com>; Tomdillin@aol.com <Tomdillin@aol.com>; muttiatina@mailstation.com <muttiatina@mailstation.com>; ulrichbd@hotmail.com <ulrichbd@hotmail.com>; usc@ama-assn.org <usc@ama-assn.org>; cvalxyz@aol.com <cvalxyz@aol.com>; wsmith57@cfl.rr.com <wsmith57@cfl.rr.com>

Comments

• Mo
      18th of Dec, 2008

I can not read my yahoo mail. I can see what the subjects are in my personal assistant on my home page but when I go into it all I see is a blank page. I tried to update and it still doesn't work. Help!!

9th of Feb, 2009

PLEASE HELP, when I type in yahoo mail into google my inbox is showing on the web I have had to delete all the contents.
    I could not find my email box this morning something has happen overnight and it is now out there on the wide world web for people to see
    PLEASE DO SOMETHING

Sallykwoodward@yahoo.com I didnt know who else to write to its is not made very clear.

• Gu
      27th of Jul, 2009

Just got the same thing from a friend's yahoo account. Sent to all his contacts. Same rapidshare link.

• Lt
      31st of Jul, 2011

I am so disgusted with Yahoo. After they 'upgraded' our email, I now have several constant issues which irritate me. But to top it all off, they insist that I change my password because my account has been 'compromised' and someone is using my 'Messenger List' to send spam; or something like that. First of all, I don't even know where the damn messenger list is, let alone use it. Nobody has complained to me about aberrant messages.

I can't figure out how to use spellcheck anymore. When I use the back arrow within email I'm redirected back to their main page instead of staying in my mail area. When I am on the main page and a number shows up that I have mail, there is often no new mail at all. I hate the way they list contacts now. And on and on.

I've sent them a dozen feedback messages and they don't respond. I called them on their impossible to find 800 number and after being transfered to four different recorded messages, each one of which warned me about how long my wait was going to be before I could talk to a human, the #^%$& disconnected me. I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD, damn it. So now I have to wade through an extra set of conditions to get to my mail; and I can see this will be never ending until I relent and change it. I told them I'm going to cancel my account if they force me to change my password. I have a gmail account, but I want to keep it for business correspondence only.

Are any of you having these or other issues?

31st of Jul, 2011

There is a reason Yahoo is offerrring the service to the general public "for free". It allows access for multi-advertizers and permits a sock evaluation in the billions. Nothing anyone does is free in our society anymore. I agree with the complaint, many issues with regards to the new Yahoo including not being able to remove contacts from my contact list for my particular account. And people thought nothing could ever happen to MySpace now meetings being held to decide whether to keep it or not with only 2, 000, 000 regular users now...Nothing is impermeable in our society today. Always go the route of improving the product or service, otherwise jobs (in this case thepeople working at Yahoo) are at stake. Nothing is free, we all pay indirectly even when it appears to be free.

31st of Jul, 2011

I have not been able to find a way to go back to the "old version" of yahoo mail... Constructive complaints that try to help improve a product or service are far different from cronic complainers who are usually jeleous or apathetic complainers who say to let everything go because they feel uncomfortable with conflict even for any reasonable cause. Both these kinds of complainers really aeren't interested in sustainability or improvement. By the way most wont admit it but the last two kinds of complainers drive people away or drive them crazy if you can't escape them...take your pick...The constructive complainer, although initially the most hate of the two, is the most quickly missed.

31st of Jul, 2011

ILC3 try looking in the mirror when you read your comment. Touched a nerve did I? Either that, our you have other motives, maybe you work for the Yahoo customer service dept. or is it just because I disagree yet again with Brenda's analysis. Why do you always respond in a personal way to my complaints or comments? They must be worth something? If not, then don't read them if you don't like them, you can see my name come up. I have a right to my complaints and comments and in case you miread, or have ulterior motives, I agreed very clearly with the original complaint, no passive-agressiveness there, nor in any of my complaints or comments. You are just upset because on this "Complaint Board" you have found someone who makes sense and doesn't get riled by your repeated personal comments. That's right ILC3 as upsetting as they are to you, my opinions and comments count. Also, thanks to the individual who gave all the Yahoo contact information, however, the process is beyond that. I have even received a "please fill out the customer service survey" email. Of course, being the nice guy that I am, I responded that maybe they would prefer to wait until the issue is fixed before I respond to the customer service survey...

31st of Jul, 2011

The second version is for those who feel I am longwinded... (o: not really...I didn't realize it was double screened... got caught with the number of windows I have opened here...

31st of Jul, 2011

Obviously, my complaints and comments count to you, otherwise, you would not be responding. Yes, I don't have a problem justifying myself, it's also my job and has been my job for some time. Maybe your comment about you not being upset is an erroneous assumption, and my comments don't make sense nor good sense to you. By communicating you have communicated the opposite and maybe we can both learn from this. If you feel that there is no learning taking place then by all means "block" me and take this as only good advise that would put you at peace. Move on to someone who makes more sense to you, otherwize your responses will continue to echo as being those of someone who is in fact upset. Using the "###" and "dumbass" as forms of communication do not say you are OK with disagreeing with me. Just so you know for sure, this is not rocket science to me and is really not new to me either...yes, I taught high school in the US for ten years. Now there is a group that has a right to be angry with the baby boomers about to take 70% of their salary for their retirement benefits, of which most from the yuppie generation do not need, or send their country into bankruptcy and limit the options for their future. Already, high schoolers here in Quebec, Canada are being turned away from community colleges with no funds to support their choice to go to school. Bleakness is a reality that all of us will have to recognize as awareness is the first step to solving the problem.

31st of Jul, 2011

The changing of the password was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak, in his/her complaint there are many more issues. I also would be frustrated with someone who told me that even more was wrong with the situation than originally anticipated. Not here to defend for the sake of defending as I don't even know this individual, but I do agree completely with the complaint and the justification for it. Meanwhile, Yahoo could use just a little of their billions in our advertising and valuation costs to properly test their upgrades before releasing them...if they used their beta test then it also was obviously flawed.

31st of Jul, 2011

Things that come to mind include non-payment of shared rent, sharing hotel rooms, car payment agreements, cell phone agreements that involve friends or family. All these are potentially unfair situations and it is best not to believe anything is free or fair and not go into any agreement on the basis of having any expectations when it comes to people. It's never free. They are already making money off of you whether it be through taxes, increased costs from advertising and toying with your committment to their product or service so that your information can make them millions and then billions. There is no such thing as fair...that is the world we live in today. Everything is calculated to make more money. The logical falicy is that anything at all is free. A wise person once told me that if you can fully comprehend and act on the basis that nothing at all is fair then you can start to live a free and happy life. Still working on it. Free and fair are used interchangeably of course as both are so rare.

9th of Aug, 2011

KarissaD; I see the point you are making...thanks for the insight...typical that the people here would pick apart your use of the word commercial instead of getting the point you are making. The only one complaint Brenda has was something in regards to defending Arizonians and their right to the picking of the nose...but her comments are in the 1000 plus range. The equivalent of the comments are like those heard here in Quebec, with 236, 000, 000, 000 in debt for only 7.8 million people and they care more about whether the complainers are speaking French or not. As human beings there is absolutely nothing that is being passed on to the next generation except how not to live. No wonder as a whole youngsters are disrespectful and ignore adults. They aren't fools... their future has been stolen and respect has not been earned...

9th of Aug, 2011

I consider any complaint that complains about any product or service that is seen as being unsatisfactory regardless of any cost or appeared non-cost (nothing is free per my recent comments) or especially as a result of unseen fine print as being of value to me. Just saying, anyone who is upset for whatever reason and posts it here is legit as a valuable forum...I doubt many have not already tried with the respective companies and the main reason for their posting here is for a "heads up". I am always for any kind of improvement especially if it's for a "way of thinking". Just my POV. Also, "spam" is any excess postings either across many receivers with one post or with multiple posts to one or a few receivers. No "hidden meaning" just that the focus should not be on the use of the word commercial and instead on the facts as KarissaD presented them in her as I see it very legitimate post.

10th of Aug, 2011

Guess I disagree with the self proclaimed half a dozen "majority" (ya right) here. Complaint remains valid for me. Just so you know how I think, majority thinking is obviously nothing I'm impressed with.

10th of Aug, 2011

@DVB but impressive to you nontheless, otherwise you wouldn't be responding the way you do, not just to me, but to others as I can see by your one sentence jabs that are really nothing more than unimpressive. Do you even read the complaints that you respond to? You don't think that when people post on the complaint board that they haven't already pursued unsuccessfuly with the arrogant companies or situations they are complaining about and trying to give a "heads up"? Now that you have defined my thinking as unimpressive I hope I can expect that you will follow some internal mechanism and not read my stuff. When you see my name come up just block me...is that constructive advice enough for you? Otherwise, an attempting but failed agitator anonymous program might be helpful. Seriously, if my stuff upsets people why are they reading it, please don't tell me it's because you have nothing better to do.

6th of Aug, 2015

My account has been hacked, I cannot access my Yahoo personal or business email. It has almost been 48hours and when I go through the promts online to reset I can't because my account was hacked and they changed information. I cannot work and this is how I make a living. Yahoo should consider other options to regain access for those accounts that are hacked

14th of Feb, 2016

Despite deleting an old yahoo e mail account, I am getting suspicious activity from my hotmail account regarding the deleted yahoo account. That prevents me from opening my hotmail account!

• Fr
      30th of May, 2016

Recently you started annoying your customers by making us click "read more" after a paragraph or two into the story. I myself can think of no possible reason to begin this annoying system. We are already reading the article and you don't need to entice us into reading further. Other than this single complaint, I love Yahoo.

• Ca
      1st of Jun, 2016

On June the 1st, the Yahoo home page led with a huge picture and a story of Kaitlin Jenner. Personally I am exhausted with stories about this person, and I find myself physically ill at the mention of the name. Yahoo has done with before with celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and so many other well-known figures. If there was a major news event connected with this individual, then it would be understandable. The story and photo however reek of sensationalism and some would call exploitation.
    Carlos Mendez

10th of Jun, 2016

I hate your new format on Yahoo.com. The old way was much better.