Yahoo / MSN Lottery Inc & Windows Live / beware - it's a scam!

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of One Million Great Britain Pound Sterling (£1, 000.000.00) for the month of JUNE 2008 Lottery promotion which is organized by YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC & WINDOWS LIVE.You are to contact the events manager.
Identification numbers:Batch number .YM 09102XM:Reff number .YM 35447XM
Winning number .DTYFM0988
However you will have to fill and submit this form to the events manager.
(1)Full name
(8)Country
(CONTACT EVENTS MANAGER)
Name:Mr Robert Lake
E-mail: overseasclaimsunitt01@hotmail.com

Comments

• Ra

Dear sir,
    My lottery winning cheque is not reach. please send my prize.

Dear sir,
    I have won MSN yahoo lottery, so please send my prize

1st of Jul, 2008

I have won yahoo MSN lottery, so please send my prize. I submitted the all information about my identity.

Dear Sir,
    I have won YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC & WINDOWS, so please send my prize, I submitted all information about my identity.

• La
      1st of Jul, 2008

i recieved one message about winning of lottery by fronteir forwarding services .i have one doubt that is thers any service in UK AND ALSO THEY ASKED SENT MONEY FOR RECEIVING PARCEL.I DIDN, T UNDERSTAND WHY WINNER GIVE MONEY FOR RECIEVING PARCEL.CLARIFY THESE DOUBTS

• Di
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I am so happy to see other people commenting about the "You have won the lottery, send money, or you have inhereited millions" scams. I get them from these
    sick individuals a few times a week. I forward their e-mail back to them telling them to F off, & get a real job. I also mention that the average American has seen TV programs about this scam and we are wise to
    them. I try to use a filter and "block" these ###! ! !
    Isn't this illegal, and can't some government agency put a stop to this?

• Su
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Dear friends,

Ooohhh, I have also received Yahoo Lottery Inc.The online Consumer Promotions 2008 etc. won 275000.00 pounds etc. Is it true. This is exist. Any body won and received amount in INDIA.

If any body know the same, kindly let me know the same.

If false, please take cyber crime and register case etc.

Let me know the same in details... Please

• To
      30th of Jul, 2008

In der Lotterie gewonnen, falsches Gewinnversprechen ?
    Wer ist das ? overseasclaimsunitt01@hotmail.com
    BTF400@freenet.de

• Se
      26th of Aug, 2008

Hai I am senthil kumar from India . I know you won yahoo group price .Also I have a mail yahoo group telling me you have won price so tell me sir the information is true or Not?

15th of Sep, 2008

hi, this is christopher from dubai. Yesterday i received one mail from online yahoo beta promo stating that i have some prize money of US $ 1, 000, 000. Is this true. Even i Contacted one member on this + 447045732655.

• Mi
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Yep just cause I really need the money - this Tosser emailed me telling me that I had won $500, 000.00 Pounds sterling...
    So guess what folks - Mr Paulson Greg - SCAM has started again. Can't YAHOO with all its $$$ stop these w*****s from causing such heartach!

• Ko
      25th of Sep, 2008

How will u help me? can u bring back money which i lost. can u take action on the team which is involved in the fraud.

mrvesleyv@yahoo.co.uk

Name of the Agent: Wesley Evans (Robert Adams)

Contact no. used in INDIA: 09769125894

Phone No given : 0447035921883

Spoiled my family. My mother became bedridden. destroyed my JOB

what to do? How will u assist me? I am ready to do anything.

25th of Nov, 2008

I just received a mail from yahoo/mns lottory that i won aprise of 500000 GBP this is tooo much amount for me, but i have to pay 42000 Rs of courier service without any proof. please tell me what should i do.

• De
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Yes we to received an email for GBP $1, 000, 000. Told them I would request payment through Paypal... well I haven't heard anything else from them... The money would have been good, as we are low income. As they all tell you - if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. .

• Br
      3rd of Mar, 2009

plaese!! peolple its so obvious Yahoo/msn lottery doesn`t exist thats bull ### dont be sillly.. since when yahoo and msn are work parterns?
    you want to know since when?...since never dumb ### cuz they are competition... this fake co. just want you give money to them and not 10 dollars they are gonna ask you for hundreds of dollars as an exchange for your "winning prize" thats its so ridicuolus, do not give them personal info.. or even your bank acount or worst your credit card number common people ..i know its nice to hear you won a 1, 000, 000 dollars but nobody win cash like that.. those are fake lotteries.. in real lotteries you buy a ticket and if you win you present your ticket and they pay your money... this lotteries dont do this..`
    they just scamm you..

• Ji
      4th of Mar, 2009

hi iam jitender
    recently i have received a mail foe 500, 000 pounds of award. this seems to be lucrative but its fake. however in greed i send the dtails of my address but not my bank details and cards thank god?

• Vi
      11th of Mar, 2009

Hi All,

Even i got the email by saying that i wont prize and i need to pay for courier to get that cheque.
    pleasee see below details it will be help ful for u all

Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:

* The following fake company names, fake addresses, non-existent institutions/documents or other details have appeared in scams before:
    o "uk national lottery" (can only win this lottery if you bought a ticket)
    * The following phrases in this message should put you on alert:
    o "claims office" (real lotteries do not use a "claim agent" / "fiduciary agent")
    o "courier company" (Courier companies mentioned in 419 scams are always fake. They will have you send money to them, but won't deliver anything. )
    o "cheque " (Beware of any scheme that involves cashing checks or money orders and then wiring a portion of the funds somewhere - you'll be liable for the entire amount if the checks or money orders turn out to be fake, even after you have received and forwarded cash. If it's a lottery prize, remember that real lotteries do not pay large prizes by check. They wire the money directly to your bank account and you do not pay for that. Many scammers promise a large check only in order to then demand payment of courier fees for a fake courier service. )
    * This email message is a fake lottery scam. Consider the following facts about real lotteries:
    1. They don't notify winners by email.
    2. You can't win without first buying a lottery ticket.
    3. They don't randomly select email addresses to award prizes to.
    4. They don't use free email accounts (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc) to communicate with you.
    5. They don't tell you to call a mobile phone number.
    6. They don't tell you to keep your winnings secret.
    7. They will never ask a winner to pay any fees to receive a prize!
    * This email lists mobile phone numbers. Use of such numbers is typical for scams because they allow criminals to conceal their true location. They can receive calls in an Internet cafe from where they send you emails, while pretending to be in some office.
    o +447045702456 (UK, redirects to a mobile phone in another country)
    o +447024082566 (UK, redirects to a mobile phone in another country)
    * This email lists free webmail addresses. Use of such addresses is typical for scams. Lotteries, banks and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
    o ukfivewaycourierexpresxuk@yahoo.co.uk

• Lm
      17th of Jul, 2009

How will u help me? I am kumar can u bring back money which i lost. can u take action on the team which is involved in the fraud.

It is fraud

1st of Sep, 2009

Guys I've also got a similar mail from YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC! Well I'm giving u the names to whom i was told to contact:
    [[1. EVENTS MANAGER)
    Name:Mrs. Sarah Donalds.(YAHOO LOTTERY OFFICE" )
    2. Contact Courier With This Email Below:
    TRANSWORLD COURIERS LTD
    DISPATCH OFFICER: Mr. Rox Kings
    COMPANY EMAIL: transworldparceldeliveryservices@hotmail.co.uk
    Tel (+44) 871 315 0065 ]]
    "However when i ran a Google search on the courier company, it gave me zero result!!!" So think b4 taking Ur 1st step..

• St
      9th of Jan, 2010

Even I have received similar mail as above from the Msn/Yahoo Lottery Incorporation, after going through the above comments, now I am very sure it's a fake lottery.Please help me, as I have sent my postal address and I am not sure what I should do.what should I do ? The mail which I received is as follows.

Dear Lucky winner,

We wish to congratulate you once again on this note, for being part of the 5 winners selected for the Monthly Lottery Prmotions. YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC felicitate with you and your family.

I wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully passed the requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report Test conducted for all on- line winners.

A winning cheque has been issued in your name by the YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC board and also a certificate of prize claims will be sent along side your winning cheque since we have acknowledged your claims form information. We have created a file in your favor and the file was forwarded to the British high court for appends. The court has approved your winnings and hence the winning certificate has been drafted and the probate registry has witnessed the approval.

Kindly note that the original of your winning cheque and the certificate with other relative documents from the court and the probate registry has been forwarded to the courier company for onward delivery to you as soon as you contact them.

You are therefore expected to contact our affiliated delivery company (TRANSWORLD COURIERS LTD) in which your winnings cheque of Seven Hundered And Fifty Thousand Great British Pound Sterlings{750, 000.00 GBP}has been sent to for delivery to your residence.

Do contact the TRANSWORLD COURIERS LTD with the contact information below for further instructions on how to send the winning cheque to your location and the amount to be charged for the delivery.

Please you should fill your verification form below this mail and also send it down to the courier company for reference and verification purpose via email

VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM

TRANSWORLD COURIERS LTD
    DISPATCH OFFICER: Mr. Rox Kings
    COMPANY EMAIL: transworldparceldispatchservices@hotmail.co.uk
    Tel (+44) 871 315 0065

The YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC. has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winning and also sharing their pin numbers. As a result of this, this friends try to claim the lottery on behalf of the real winners. The YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC. has reached a decision from headquarters that any double claim discovered by the Lottery Board will result to the cancellation of that particular winning, making a loss for both the double claimer and the real winner, as it is taken that the real winner was the informer to the double claimer about the lottery. So you are hereby strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you claim your prize.

SPECIAL NOTICE:

This office will not be responsible for any outstanding fees. Services rendered by TRANSWORLD COURIERS LTD are to be paid by YOU and not the lottery board, for the fact that the lottery organisers didn't make any provision for any upcoming expenses, regarding delivery of parcel or any such.

Have it in mind that your won prize cannot be deducted from your winning amount, this is because the total amount has been insured to the real value .This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

Its is Expected that you add your IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS{PARCEL/NUM/1405}as the subject of any correspondence with the courier company to ensure they respond in a timely manner.

I will require a concise update on proceedings with the firm as soon as you are in contact with them. If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know. Do have a nice day.

( EVENTS MANAGER)
    Name:Mrs. Sarah Donalds.

Once again Congratulations!

Mrs. Elizabeth Martins
    Online Co-coordinator
    (Msn/Yahoo Lottery Games/Lottery Coordinator).