Y & S Magazines / Non-delivery!

PO Box 1778Collierville, TN, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 941-723-5202
I ordered a magazine from this company on 12/10/2007 as a Christmas gift. It is now 2/16/2008 and I have yet to receive the first issue. I tried calling the number provided on the invoice but to no surprise it is disconnected. I am not out $80.00. Valuable lesson learned here!

Comments

Ci
  26th of Feb, 2008
It's a scam alright. Ordered Nick Jr. for my kids from Y & S Magazine 6/26/07.
BIG surprise-here it is February 26, 2008 and NO magazine. Also a big surprise,
a phone number given on their fake pink receipt was NOT working. Shame on these people. I can only hope that bad Karma will befall these scam artists as I have no clue how to get my hard earned money back. Shame, shame on those that take advantage of hard working, honest people!
Sc
  7th of Mar, 2008
Scam for sure. My boss asked me to write a check to this "great guy" trying to make a better life for himself. What a crock!! This guy could get sleazy salesman of the year award. We're out $500, and have no magazines to show for it. And of course the phone number doesn't work.
Pe
  9th of Mar, 2008
Just an update....had a young lady come by the other day from a different company but with almost the very same spiel as the previous solicitor from Y & S. (Amazing they continue to come by in a gated, "No Solicitation" community!) Felt really good to tell her I had been burned once already and had registered a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. She couldn't get away from my front door fast enough!
Ka
  14th of May, 2008
The down on her luck, making a better life for herself and her two year old little girl (which she actually showed me a picture of) sat in my dining room and sold magazines to my son and daughter. My 15 year old son (who has a learning disability) sat and picked out, with great excitement, the magazine subscription of his dreams. I found all of your comments while I was trying in vain to search for the company. I don't understand how people can be so dishonest, especially to children. Thanks for letting me vent.
Ma
  14th of May, 2008
I too was duped and am out $160 due to these scam artists. I listened to the young man's (Martin Cloud) story and thought I was doing a good thing when I paid the subscription fee, knowing full well I was paying way more than the normal subscription price. I rationaled it that I was helping a young person trying to work honestly. My wife had bought subscriptions before from door to door salespeople and they turned out fine, but I'm sure the fee was more along the lines of normal. Now I don't know 100% if Martin knew this whole thing is a scam, but I find it hard to believe he didn't. I normally shoo away solicitors, but this one time I didn't and it cost me. Just want to agree with the original complaint and tell others to beware of these solicitors. I for one will not buy anything from someone soliciting at my doorstep anymore unless I can verify who they are at that exact time...have the product with them...and the price isn't steep...so that leaves it down to school kids selling candy or girl scouts selling cookies... :)
Er
  1st of Jun, 2008
I, too, fell victim to this scam. I ordered a one-year "Backpacker" magazine subscription from Y&S Magazine on Jan. 19, 2008. A salesman named Craig Walton came to my door, saying his company gave down-and-out youths a chance to establish good work ethic by selling magazine subscirptions door to doo. The price, $40, was more than the market rate, but he seemed like a good kid and I ordered the magazine from him. Four months later, the first issue still hadn't arrived. I called the phone number and discovered it had been disconnected. I filed a complaint with the BBB, but I doubt anything will come out of it. I do know I'll NEVER buy anything from a door-to-door salesman.
Jf
  26th of Jul, 2008
I paid 100 dollars for children's books from Y and S in March 2007 and received nothing. The young woman sounded like the salespeople described above: had a hard life, raising a child alone, selling these books was her chance to improve her life. The whole memory is sad. Another sales woman, whom I just sent away telling her that I had lost money once and now won't buy anything from my front door, told me I should find my receipt and contact the company; however, from the comments I see posted here, I'm sure that would be a waste of time.