I recently signed up for a $19.95 month special. It would then auto-renew for a month at the regular rate, at least twice that amount. Most of the Complaints above are true, because I experienced the same thing.
1. When you first get to the screen to "register", you are shown "some women near you in S_____". I checked them out several times on my "Gold Member" Profile using their screennames. I found only one (1) that said it was a woman from S______. The other nine (9) were from cities over 120 miles away.
2. The Profiles on almost all of these women are "skimpy", meaning there are few details, some times close to none. Many had no Photo and so many "Prefer not to say"s on them, the woman is still a mystery.
3. I also received many eMails, but they ended up on the "Guest Member" Profile" which I thought I had changed to "Gold Member". It seems that it might have been my fault, but I am not sure why I would not have become a "Gold Member" on my new Profile. Anyway, all the women came though on the "Guest Member" Profile, so that I could not send or read incoming eMails, which most often were only a "Whisper" or a "Flirt" or simply that I had been "Added to their list".
I finally found out that I was a Gold Member on the other Profile. So I eMailed most of them. Got a pretty good amount of replys, but most of them were short, shorter or shortest. I think the longest I received was about 7-8 words. What got me the most was that almost all of those who contacted me had so little on their Profiles, then had the nerve to say "Tell me a bit about yourself". My Profile was 100% complete.
4. The vast amount of the women who responded were 100, 200 and even 400 miles away. No one nearby would ever write or respond. Yet when I did a Search, there were many women within 40 miles of my home.
5, Often when I did the Search, I got many Profiles which had "Wisconsin" or "Anywhere" or "United States" and sometimes even nothing for where they lived or "supposedly to be living. Yet when they eMailed them and or they replied, XXXBlackBook had mysteriously found that they lived in my city, which is a smalltown.
6. "Many "flirts", "whispers", "Added to their list" or even "Messages", which came to me on the "Guest Member" Profile, did not even "try again", when I wrote on that Profile that they must use "The Gold Member" site.
7. At one time, I supposedly had about 20 Messages, some "Flirts" or had been "Put on somebody's list"s on the "Guest Membership" Profile. However, when I was able to "contact persons" or, because of the "Gold Member" Status, they were able to contact me, they NEVER came up on my "Inbox". It always read "O" for "Received", "Sent" or any other list on my Home Page. Everything read "O". If I went to my "Sent" page, the letters were there, but nothing ever changed on the Home Page. It looked like I had NO ACTIVITY AT ALL.
8. NOT ONE (1) SINGLE WOMAN EVER WENT SO FAR AS TO SETTING UP "CHAT" OR EVEN "MOVING TOWARD A MEETING"! ! !
9. IN SHORT, XXXBLACKBOOK NEVER GOT ME NEAR "CHATTING" OR "MEETING" ANY WOMAN. I think I am lucky because the paysite, Epoch" has cancelled my possible "Automatic Renewal". I have two (2) eMails from them confirming the cancellation. It was "lucky" because I had saved the Initial eMail saying I was a "Gold Member". It had an "Account Number" on it. Otherwise, I would have had to go back to "Good, Old XXXBlackBook" for help. Yikes! ! !
Probably is more, but fortunately I can't remember right now.