Xtra Scooter / Fraud on their part

Azusa Ave. (gave more than 1 ??)City of Industry, CA, United States Review updated:
2.25
Phone: 888-578-9872
The unethical actions of this scooter dealer caused me to now go through a very long and complicated process and wait (60-90 days) of trying to get my money orders I sent them refunded. I also have to pay a fee for trying to get my money back... because Xtra DELIBERATELY put several errors in their address on bill of sale. My money orders were lost for more than two weeks, etc. The story is too long to put here. Simply: do NOT do business with this company or anything to do with Go Go Cycle Sports, which I believe supplies Xtra with CHEAP Chinese scooters. If anyone wants to know the details of my problems with this company, just email me and I'll send you those details. I'm just warning innocent people to find another way to get a scooter and do NOT use either of these companies, please!
Isn't there any consumer protection agencies (besides BBB which does little to nothing) which helps us when we get taken by these miserable, no-conscience people who have no concern for anyone or anything other than getting money into their pockets???
I want to complain to every online forum I can find... any suggestions, please?
An

Comments

Mi
  29th of Sep, 2008
I am also having an unnecessarily hard time getting xtrascooter.com to provide the EPA/DOT certification so that I can register and title my recently purchased scooter in Oregon. I do not understand their incompetence in communicating with me on this issue, unless their products are totally illegal.
To
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Dear Mike,
My name is Tony, from Konced Motorcycle. We are the manufacturer that supplies the scooter to Xtrascooter. We apologize for any inconvenience that we have cause you. We got the request from Xtrascooter to provide their customer with our EPA/DOT certification, but we can't just give anyone our EPA/DOT certification without first knowing who and what is it for. There are plenty of manufacturer out there that DO NOT have EPA/DOT certification and try to copy or use ours. therefore we need to contact DMV of Oregon first to confirm if they really need this certification.
Again we want to acknowledge Xtrascooter.com as our legitimate and authorized dealer, and the scooter that they are selling is legal and EPA/DOT approved. We apologize for the little delay, but it is necessary for us to get these information first to make sure that our EPA/DOT certification is not being misused.
We have sent our EPA/DOT certification couple days ago, I'm sure by this time you've already received it. Please feel free to let us know if you have any problem registering your scooter and we'll be happy to assist you.
Sa
  3rd of Oct, 2008
I am writing in response to the statement above.
I would like to take the opportunity to tell our side of the story before any judgments are made about xtrascooter.com

First off as for her complaint about “unethical actions” regarding a money order, when she contacted us about purchasing a scooter she was given the option to pay with a credit card or through paypal a secured method of payment online. She stated her mistrust and fear of paying online so the option was then given to pay with a money order or with a certified check. It was her decision to pay with a money order.
Let me say clearly…..We never received the money order. As for the deliberate errors in our address, that accusations in completely false! What would be the point for a business to purposely give the wrong address to a customer sending money for our product? She has stated 60-90 days and paying a fee. We never received a penny and whatever wait time and fee she had was in dealing with whomever she got the money order from not xtrascooter. She is misdirecting and blaming us for something that anyone can see is not our fault.

We stand by our product and service 100%.

Thank you for taking the time and reading this.
Al
  8th of Oct, 2008
I purchased a scooter from Xtrascooter that arrived damaged. It was signed for with the notation hidden damage possible, as the driver would not wait to open the box. When it was open we found extensive damage. I called Xtrascooter and they gave us a replacement. Since we were going to be very close to there office we opted to pick up the new scooter there. They were very friendly and business people. It was a pleasure to due business with a company that did not hassle us about damaged goods. I would buy from them again.
To
  12th of Oct, 2008
So Konced Motorcycle supplies xtrascooter with product. yet their site has no listed street address and only offers email and '800' numbers for contacts ... does that sound, fishy?

Sorry bubba but if your business is in a secret location, so are my orders. I would never buy anything from a place without a street address.
Sc
  2nd of Jan, 2010
Don't be agravated by your previous Chinese motorsport experience, change it! We at scrappydogscooters.com are committed to customer service and realistic pricing. We stock many parts for chinese vehicles, and ship them right the same day. We guarantee satisfaction fully and completely. We are a Las Vegas all American company, seeking help help good ol' Americans just wanting a good product at a good price. Is that too much to ask? Call 702-689-9266 or email at service@scrappydogscooters.com to see if we can help you with your scooter, atv, or motorcycle parts needs.